Mini Controller Beeping
590 7 2023-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akrickter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10764 ft

United States

Hi all, I recently purchased a slightly used Mini 1 for my son. It flew fine the first few times but then the controller started it's consitant beeping. The battery is full and I have done the stick calibrations a dozen times or so. During the calibration the right stick sometimes requires a lot of forward pressure to reach 100%, sometimes it doesn't. Either way it wont stop beeping. I tried using Assistant 2 to see if I could roll back its firmware but I can't get it to connect to the Assistant. Any help would be great, I'd rather not have to buy a new controller right off the bat.

Thanks,
-Rick
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Rick. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Since you mentioned that sometimes the RC requires a lot of forward pressure to reach 100% during calibration, it is recommended to send the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-1-9
Use props
Akrickter
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for the quick response. I will follow those steps to send it in
2023-1-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ask them to give you a repair cost quote when they get it and before you authorise the repair, I think they are willing to do that. If they are near enough the same I'd go with a repair.
Check that against second hand prices on ebay.
2023-1-9
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Pretty timely, mine just started doing this yesterday, right after I updated the firmware.  Did you happen to update yours?  All the fixes say calibrate sticks or roll back to older firmware.  Calibrating sticks didn’t help mine either and there are no older firmwares showing up to roll back, so now I am at a loss.
2023-1-10
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

During the calibration the right stick sometimes requires a lot of forward pressure to reach 100%, sometimes it doesn't.

I doubt it would make a difference, but try one more calibration without forcing the sticks to reach 100%.
Also, plenty of used remotes for sale on eBay here in the US, often below $40. Look for model MR1SS5... I see one now for $19 (https://www.ebay.com/itm/373418376957).
If you go that route, you will need to link the new remote to your aircraft (very simple procedure, well described in the User Manual).
2023-1-10
Use props
Akrickter
lvl.1

United States

120ccpm Posted at 1-10 14:28
During the calibration the right stick sometimes requires a lot of forward pressure to reach 100%, sometimes it doesn't.

I doubt it would make a difference, but try one more calibration without forcing the sticks to reach 100%.

I ordered a new controller. But now this new controller will not bind to the drone. I've tried holding down the power button on the controller (and on the drone for pair mode), ive tried connecting through the connection guide, and through the link option in camera mode settings. I made sure all the firmware is up to date. The drone still connects to the old RC but not the new one
2023-1-27
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Check the model number in the back and make sure it's one I listed above, for the FCC version of the Mini.
2023-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules