Gimbal position question
538 5 2023-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

A small query ... I've noticed that sometimes when packing up the Mini 2, the gimbal is not perfectly looking forward. Does it matter, or should one manually move the gimbal to a level and forward orientation before putting on the gimbal cover?

2023-1-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think it is better to get it straight, my problem is normally a slight amount of roll. I get the impression ( but could be wrong ) the cover already forces the gimbal slightly backwards, I 'worry'  that any misalignment may push it further back leading to the damper rubbers being permanently stretched.
I think there is "room for improvement" of the design of the cover but that isn't going to happen.
2023-1-10
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-10 02:41
I think it is better to get it straight, my problem is normally a slight amount of roll. I get the impression ( but could be wrong ) the cover already forces the gimbal slightly backwards, I 'worry'  that any misalignment may push it further back leading to the damper rubbers being permanently stretched.
I think there is "room for improvement" of the design of the cover but that isn't going to happen.

Yes Sean, I always do try to get it straight (just worried that moving the camera by hand and not software might in some way affect the camera's performance). So, it's really one worry against the other, do I straighten it up before putting the cover on or just leave it at whatever position it ended up after the flight. I agree with you that the gimbal cover design is less than ideal and I've often fretted about putting it on and taking it off even to the point of quickly understanding the correct orientation and I've found myself fiddling with the cover more than it should be needed
2023-1-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With the drone switched off I happily move the gimbal/camera in all ways but gently.
2023-1-10
Use props
Ssayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 629482 ft
United States

I always manually make sure that my gimbal is straight and level before putting the guard on it when I put it away...
2023-1-10
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

Ssayer Posted at 1-10 08:42
I always manually make sure that my gimbal is straight and level before putting the guard on it when I put it away...

Yes, I always do the same but I thought I'd ask the question nevertheless. Thanks everyone.
2023-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules