Server error when updating RC231
3903 29 2023-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jules van ipere
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hello

I recently bought a DJI mini 3 pro. I had a mini 2. The new mini 3 pro should connect to my 'old' remote. However I am unable to pair these. I have updated the firmware on the drone for sure. But I think the firmware on the controler might need an update. This might fix the problem (hopefully).

However when I go to the menu to update the firmware I keep getting an 'server error' (see image). This is already for more than a week.

Is DJI going to fix this server error?
Is there a way to see the version of my controller? (and which version is needed to make this controller pair with the DJI mini 3 pro?)

thanks in advance.

server error

server error
2023-1-10
Use props
Jules van ipere
lvl.2
Netherlands

I also tried to update the controller (apparently already updated to RC-N1) via DJI Assistant on macOS
It looks like it is on firmware version 2. Where I see online there already is v4.xxx

However not firmware updates appear here as well.. Is there anyway to update the firmware of my controller. This is really frustrating me!

Schermafbeelding 2023-01-12 om 12.17.27.png
2023-1-12
Use props
iamichi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20010 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Jules van ipere Posted at 1-12 03:21
I also tried to update the controller (apparently already updated to RC-N1) via DJI Assistant on macOS
It looks like it is on firmware version 2. Where I see online there already is v4.xxx

Hi,

I have the exact same situation and problem. My RC231 won't pair, and clearly needs a firmware update, but it is stuck on firmware v02.00.1200 and it won't update in the DJI Fly app on iOS (same issue as you), or Android. I've tried every single version of the DJI Assistant 2 app, but the one which is supposed to work (Consumer Drone Series), just shows the current firmware version on both Windows and MacOS, with no option to update.

Extremely frustrating, and DJI Support have so far (3 days of back and forth) not offered any useful suggestions at all.
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

iamichi Posted at 1-15 02:30
Hi,

I have the exact same situation and problem. My RC231 won't pair, and clearly needs a firmware update, but it is stuck on firmware v02.00.1200 and it won't update in the DJI Fly app on iOS (same issue as you), or Android. I've tried every single version of the DJI Assistant 2 app, but the one which is supposed to work (Consumer Drone Series), just shows the current firmware version on both Windows and MacOS, with no option to update.

Hi, there.
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will check this problem and ask our relevant team to reply to you asap.
2023-1-15
Use props
Jules van ipere
lvl.2
Netherlands

hi! I am still not able to update the firmware. Is it known already if this is a bigger problem or just the two of us?
Thanks in advance.
2023-1-23
Use props
djiuser_mtHsmCBvqdw2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2851089 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue here, the remote connects to Assistant 2 (consumer dornes) but shows Server exception (2-0)
2023-1-23
Use props
Jules van ipere
lvl.2
Netherlands

djiuser_mtHsmCBvqdw2 Posted at 1-23 19:08
Same issue here, the remote connects to Assistant 2 (consumer dornes) but shows Server exception (2-0)

And do you get the same 'sever error' when trying to update the firmware via the dji Fly App (profile > settings > firmware)?
2023-1-24
Use props
djiuser_UYNIXEwWNIbH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1844 ft
France

You are not alone, same issue there, spent more 1000€ and no flight
2023-1-27
Use props
Jules van ipere
lvl.2
Netherlands

I was wonderen if there is already a solution for this problem?
Or is DJI still looking into it?

In my opinion this is already taking way too long for me without any perspective on a solution.

I have not been able to test out my DJI mini 3 drone at all, so I had to return it. Now I am just waiting for an firmware update until I buy a new drone...
Testing it out daily btw. Same problem every day.
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jules van ipere Posted at 1-23 08:54
hi! I am still not able to update the firmware. Is it known already if this is a bigger problem or just the two of us?
Thanks in advance.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience. We understand that you have returned the DJI Mini 3 Pro already. If you'd like, we want to offer you a remote solution and provide you with the app version that works for the remote controller. Kindly send us a PM and please indicate the mobile device model you are using. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_mtHsmCBvqdw2 Posted at 1-23 19:08

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. May we ask what specific mobile device you are using with the remote controller? And as suggested in post #10, kindly send us a PM to further discuss your concern. Thank you.
2023-2-2
Use props
Jules van ipere
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thank you! This sounds like a possible solution. I will contact you in a minute.

When I am able to update the firmware I was planning on buying a new drone.
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jules van ipere Posted at 2-2 04:51
Thank you! This sounds like a possible solution. I will contact you in a minute.

When I am able to update the firmware I was planning on buying a new drone.

Hello there. We have responded to your message. Please check it. Have a nice day!
2023-2-2
Use props
iamichi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20010 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jules van ipere Posted at 2-1 03:02
I was wonderen if there is already a solution for this problem?
Or is DJI still looking into it?

Same here. I returned it before my 14 days expired, as they said they would only replace it after that, and as we can tell from this thread a replacement would just be the same. I said I refused to buy a new controller when it advertised it as working with the RC N1, which I already have. I have a replacement DJI Mini 2 (after a flyaway claim) now, so I will try that with the controller and see if I can update the firmware of the RC N1, hopefully I can then buy a Mini 3 Pro again in future and use it with the RC N1.
2023-2-3
Use props
djiuser_WxvM36qmuTOW
New

Lithuania

I have the same problem in Windows. No new firmware in list and my RC-N1 is v02.00.1200 and I cannot bind it to Mini 3.
EDIT: Fly software on Android was able to update.
2023-2-7
Use props
djiuser_jacob_b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 898957 ft
United States

I thought this was just me. Exact same issues.  Cannot pair Mavic 3 to RC-N1

Firmware stuck on V02.00.1200 on RC-N1. I cannot update from the iOS DJI Fly app (Server error 0×115000100002), nor from macOS DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) V2.1.16, or from Windows DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) V2.1.16. Have been trying daily for the last week. Apparently the most current controller version is 04.xx.xxxx

I am really frustrated after spending $1500 USD on a Mavic 3 and not being able to pair it to a controller, and am now out of options. Is my controller bricked? Is there anything I can do???
2023-2-10
Use props
djiuser_uj5IYVPE2if1
New

Germany

Hello,

I am having the same problem. DJI RC231, not finding an update and keeps on saying, that not supported by Iphone 12 Pro.

I need help. What todo?
2023-2-11
Use props
Jules van ipere
lvl.2
Netherlands

djiuser_WxvM36qmuTOW Posted at 2-7 07:51
I have the same problem in Windows. No new firmware in list and my RC-N1 is v02.00.1200 and I cannot bind it to Mini 3.
EDIT: Fly software on Android was able to update.

Updating via the android app seems the best solution now indeed.

I borrowed a friends android device to update the controller to v4 of the firmware. With the android app this update did succeed. Now I am even able to update the latest firmware via the iOS app (there was an update today).
I also bought a new mini 3 pro. Pairing successful.

Conclusion for the dji developer team:
Pairing the RC-N1 controller on V2 firmware with the dji mini 3 pro is not possible.

Updating the firmware via the iOS app is not possible with the controller on V2 of the firmware (RC-N1 / RC231)
2023-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_jacob_b Posted at 2-10 20:44
I thought this was just me. Exact same issues.  Cannot pair Mavic 3 to RC-N1

Firmware stuck on V02.00.1200 on RC-N1. I cannot update from the iOS DJI Fly app (Server error 0×115000100002), nor from macOS DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) V2.1.16, or from Windows DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) V2.1.16. Have been trying daily for the last week. Apparently the most current controller version is 04.xx.xxxx

Hi, djiuser_jacob_b. I have sent you a PM, please check. Thank you.
2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_uj5IYVPE2if1 Posted at 2-11 02:43
Hello,

I am having the same problem. DJI RC231, not finding an update and keeps on saying, that not supported by Iphone 12 Pro.

Hi, djiuser_uj5IYVPE2if1. I have sent you a PM, please check. Thank you.
2023-2-15
Use props
malt_dp
lvl.1

Czechia

Hello, my remote control suddenly stopped seeing the drone, I can’t update it through the application on my phone, it sees the remote control on the computer, but it says “server exception(2-0) please retry”, I can’t update either the drone or the remote control. Please help, the tips above didn't work
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

malt_dp Posted at 2-20 08:21
Hello, my remote control suddenly stopped seeing the drone, I can’t update it through the application on my phone, it sees the remote control on the computer, but it says “server exception(2-0) please retry”, I can’t update either the drone or the remote control. Please help, the tips above didn't work

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing the same issues. We need to verify some details. When you mentioned you cannot update the firmware through your mobile phone, did you mean the update failed, or the prompt to update did not appear? Moreover, may we ask what specific mobile phone are you using with the RC? We hope to hear an update from you. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-20
Use props
malt_dp
lvl.1

Czechia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-20 20:26
Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing the same issues. We need to verify some details. When you mentioned you cannot update the firmware through your mobile phone, did you mean the update failed, or the prompt to update did not appear? Moreover, may we ask what specific mobile phone are you using with the RC? We hope to hear an update from you. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Hi, I have an iPhone 13, I get an error when I click "check for software updates" in my profile settings
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

malt_dp Posted at 2-21 01:12
Hi, I have an iPhone 13, I get an error when I click "check for software updates" in my profile settings

Thanks for the update. Kindly check your inbox as we sent you a message to further discuss your concern. Thank you.
2023-2-21
Use props
djiuser_CCV3UMtXlJSC
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-2 04:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience. We understand that you have returned the DJI Mini 3 Pro already. If you'd like, we want to offer you a remote solution and provide you with the app version that works for the remote controller. Kindly send us a PM and please indicate the mobile device model you are using. Thank you, and have a nice day.

I have same issues about DJI remote N1 stuck in firmware 02.00.200, i need firmware latest 04.xxx to bind/link with DJI mini pro 3 ok advise.
Currently am using smartphone Vivo x50 pro, i had many tries using ipad mini 6 but remain the same.
DJI pls advise and help me out.
Thank you so much
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_CCV3UMtXlJSC Posted at 4-10 15:25
I have same issues about DJI remote N1 stuck in firmware 02.00.200, i need firmware latest 04.xxx to bind/link with DJI mini pro 3 ok advise.
Currently am using smartphone Vivo x50 pro, i had many tries using ipad mini 6 but remain the same.
DJI pls advise and help me out.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. To confirm, you already tried updating the firmware through the DJI Fly app, correct? And have you tried using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) as well? We'll be waiting for your confirmation. Thank you.
2023-4-11
Use props
Berk Karşı
New
Turkey

I'm having the "Server Exception (2-0) Please Retry" error on my DJI Mini 2 RC-N1. When I press Retry, it says "No Flight Logs". Has anyone found a fix?

2023-5-7
Use props
SzJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612999 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Berk Karşı Posted at 5-7 03:37
I'm having the "Server Exception (2-0) Please Retry" error on my DJI Mini 2 RC-N1. When I press Retry, it says "No Flight Logs". Has anyone found a fix?
[view_image]

Same here, no solution...
Cant link to my Mini 3 Pro
2023-5-31
Use props
djiuser_cAPILVsod3nz
New

Japan

me too (2023/07/25)
is this fix?
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_cAPILVsod3nz Posted at 7-25 03:07
me too (2023/07/25)
is this fix?

Hi, djiuser_cAPILVsod3nz. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you're having the same issue. Please try to update the RC-N1 using the DJI Fly app first. Click "connection guide" first and then choose the corresponding aircraft model, and the App will prompt the RC firmware update note, after the RC is updated successfully,  connect to DJI Assistant 2 software again, and this issue will be solved.
2023-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules