3242 9 2023-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

How to use Timecode with DJI Action 3, GoPros, and other cameras with Davinci Resolve

2023-1-10
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
United States

Great video !
2023-1-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

You explained it very well
2023-1-10
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
United States

Good info, thank you!
2023-1-10
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2023-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2023-1-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very informative video Kerry.  
2023-1-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting stuff.
My new camcorder also has this.
I have to dive into it.
2023-1-12
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
Italy

Haven't seen all of the video yet will come back to it when I have more time but one of the problems is that you need the timecode to match each time you start recording. If you use multiple action cams, for example one on a helmet and two on a bike, you might not have all of them running during your days shoot. As such the time codes end up different.

I did a series of videos documenting my solo crossing of the Atlantic. I only used two cameras but I couldn't imagine having to reset the timecode every time I picked them up to do something and that was when I had 25 days at see with nothing much to do.

2023-1-14
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mikedefieslife Posted at 1-14 03:51
Haven't seen all of the video yet will come back to it when I have more time but one of the problems is that you need the timecode to match each time you start recording. If you use multiple action cams, for example one on a helmet and two on a bike, you might not have all of them running during your days shoot. As such the time codes end up different.

I did a series of videos documenting my solo crossing of the Atlantic. I only used two cameras but I couldn't imagine having to reset the timecode every time I picked them up to do something and that was when I had 25 days at see with nothing much to do.

Not correct. With the Action 3 and GoPros, you can set it at the beginning of the day and it will keep the timecode clock running. For best results, resync it to a timecode generator every few hours.

For drones, that is a totally different issue as they dont have timecode clocks so you can only visually grab it at the beginning of each flight.
2023-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules