Mavic Pro 2 Battery replacement
1905 11 2023-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jjfabien
lvl.1

Mauritius

I have 1 Mavic pro 2 purchased end of 2018, (along with Phantom 4 pro, Mavic 1, Mavic mini and Phantom 3 pro). I mainly use my Mavic Pro 2 for professional work. I have 3 batteries and 2 of them have started to swollen. I have tried to purchase new batteries but they are no longer available. What are my options? Must i get rid of my Mavic pro 2 because no batteries being available? Or Purchase a Mavic 3 classic which cost twice the price of a Mavic Pro 2 when it came out? And in 3 years, batteries won't be available anymore and will have to dispose of the Mavic Pro 3 to purchase the next Drone?
Is there any solution to that issue?

Thanks
2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Jjfabien. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry you are going through this issue. Batteries work via an electrochemical process, and anything that may alter this process such as over-discharging, crashes, water damage, etc. can result in a swollen battery. To avoid swollen batteries, we always encourage you to use and maintain your battery following the instructions that came with your product. Regarding availability, you may consider checking our Official Retail Stores near you. If it's still unavailable, you may consider contacting our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) to discuss your options further. We always strive to provide satisfactory after-sales service to all our customers. On the other hand, if you're considering purchasing the Mavic 3 Classic, please note that it has substantially upgraded camera performance, integrating a 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera and a lightweight 24mm equivalent tele camera. Mavic 3 can capture 5.1K/50fps and 4K/120fps videos. It also delivers a comprehensively upgraded flight experience. The flight time has been extended to 46 minutes, and O3+ extends the video transmission distance up to 15 km. Obstacle sensing has been developed into a truly omnidirectional system, with a more powerful APAS 5.0 and Advanced RTH to give users greater peace of mind during flight. Should you have other concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Keep safe!
2023-1-10
Use props
Jjfabien
lvl.1

Mauritius

DJI Tony Posted at 1-10 21:55
Hi, Jjfabien. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry you are going through this issue. Batteries work via an electrochemical process, and anything that may alter this process such as over-discharging, crashes, water damage, etc. can result in a swollen battery. To avoid swollen batteries, we always encourage you to use and maintain your battery following the instructions that came with your product. Regarding availability, you may consider checking our Official Retail Stores near you. If it's still unavailable, you may consider contacting our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) to discuss your options further. We always strive to provide satisfactory after-sales service to all our customers. On the other hand, if you're considering purchasing the Mavic 3 Classic, please note that it has substantially upgraded camera performance, integrating a 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera and a lightweight 24mm equivalent tele camera. Mavic 3 can capture 5.1K/50fps and 4K/120fps videos. It also delivers a comprehensively upgraded flight experience. The flight time has been extended to 46 minutes, and O3+ extends the video transmission distance up to 15 km. Obstacle sensing has been developed into a truly omnidirectional system, with a more powerful APAS 5.0 and Advanced RTH to give users greater peace of mind during flight. Should you have other concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Keep safe!

Dear Tony, thanks for your reply. None of the possibilities you mentioned occurred to my batteries. I’m fully aware of the battery maintenance (having 4 other DJI drones). I have configured them into the DJI go 4 app to discharge after 3 days. I store all my photographic gears into dry boxes (I own 4 of these). Never fly it out of sight. Always fly at low altitude and never flown under 18%. Incredibly, none of the batteries of the other drones have swollen. I have 5 batteries for the P3 pro. They are all good and still running after 7 years.
I have contacted this forum because no dealers close or far to me do carry any mavic pro 2 batteries anymore. All dealers told me that the batteries ore not manufactured anymore.
We are just recovering from a pandemic and I cannot invest into a new drone which cost twice more than the mavic pro 2 when it came out even with all its new features. So what are my options?
2023-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aliexpress had them last time I looked.
2023-1-11
Use props
Jjfabien
lvl.1

Mauritius

DAFlys Posted at 1-11 01:10
Aliexpress had them last time I looked.

All copies. No genuine batteries. A friend of mine purchased 2. It worked well on his 4 or 5 first flies. The power decreased drastically from 80 to 20% while flying. Could land it just in time to prevent a crash…
2023-1-11
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Jjfabien Posted at 1-11 01:34
All copies. No genuine batteries. A friend of mine purchased 2. It worked well on his 4 or 5 first flies. The power decreased drastically from 80 to 20% while flying. Could land it just in time to prevent a crash…

DJI have them in stock. Go to store.dji.com and search for Mavic 2 Intelligent Flight Battery .
2023-1-11
Use props
Jjfabien
lvl.1

Mauritius

They only ship to the US. I’m not in the US.
2023-1-11
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Jjfabien Posted at 1-11 02:52
They only ship to the US. I’m not in the US.

They also ship to Europe, but I now see that you are in Mauritius, which unfortunately is not on the list of countries they ship to.
2023-1-11
Use props
Jjfabien
lvl.1

Mauritius

Yeah. Unfortunately. The worst is that they don’t even ship to the representative in Mauritius as well. So what’s the deal behind this…
2023-1-11
Use props
Jjfabien
lvl.1

Mauritius

But they do send brand new drones to Mauritius but do not send additional batteries
2023-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jjfabien Posted at 1-11 01:34
All copies. No genuine batteries. A friend of mine purchased 2. It worked well on his 4 or 5 first flies. The power decreased drastically from 80 to 20% while flying. Could land it just in time to prevent a crash…

You can get both there.   I would avoid the clones though.    The other alternative is to buy the Mavic 2 enterprise battery.    The first time you use it the drone will update the firmware to make it a regular battery.  
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jjfabien Posted at 1-10 23:02
Dear Tony, thanks for your reply. None of the possibilities you mentioned occurred to my batteries. I’m fully aware of the battery maintenance (having 4 other DJI drones). I have configured them into the DJI go 4 app to discharge after 3 days. I store all my photographic gears into dry boxes (I own 4 of these). Never fly it out of sight. Always fly at low altitude and never flown under 18%. Incredibly, none of the batteries of the other drones have swollen. I have 5 batteries for the P3 pro. They are all good and still running after 7 years.
I have contacted this forum because no dealers close or far to me do carry any mavic pro 2 batteries anymore. All dealers told me that the batteries ore not manufactured anymore.
We are just recovering from a pandemic and I cannot invest into a new drone which cost twice more than the mavic pro 2 when it came out even with all its new features. So what are my options?

We completely understand your situation. We recommend you directly get in touch with our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) and request for a battery purchase. Or you may also consider the suggestions posted by your Co-Pilots here. We appreciate your understanding and support. Take care.
2023-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules