Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Purchasing magnetic mount
12Next >
5638 40 2023-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
veesix
lvl.2

United States

I'd like to purchase a 2nd magnetic mount for my Action 3. On the DJI website store I see the Actiin 2 magnetic moun for $25 and the Action 3adhesive base kit for $19 which seems to have a magnetic mount. Is there a difference between the mounts? Why is the kit that includes a magnetic mount cheaper? Thank you.
2023-1-10
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-action-3-adhesive-base-kit

Action 3 mount you are looking at this one correct? it has the   sticker and mount for the action 3
2023-1-10
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
United States

The base only is 15.

https://store.dji.com/product/os ... lease-adapter-mount
2023-1-10
Use props
veesix
lvl.2

United States

osmonauta Posted at 1-10 11:57
The base only is 15.

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-action-quick-release-adapter-mount

Perfect, this is what I need! Thank you.
Edit: Looks like it's out of stock so I'll have to get the kit.
2023-1-10
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
United States

veesix Posted at 1-10 12:45
Perfect, this is what I need! Thank you.
Edit: Looks like it's out of stock so I'll have to get the kit.

You can also browse on AliExpress. They are cheaper there, but you have to wait longer to get it.
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The main difference between both accessories is; the Osmo Action 3 Adhesive Base Kit is only compatible with the DJI Action 3 and the DJI Action 2 Magnetic Adapter Mount is only compatible with the DJI Action 2. You may refer to the response of osmonauta on post #3 about the Osmo Action Quick-Release Adapter Mount as it is compatible with the DJI Action 3.  Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-11
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

osmonauta Posted at 1-11 17:13
You can also browse on AliExpress. They are cheaper there, but you have to wait longer to get it.

I do not recommend the cheaper ones, mostly plastic lugs, all plastic and the magnet is weak and it creaks a bit. If it is only enough for a tripod, but certainly not for a bike, etc... there are also more expensive ones, I have not tried them.
2023-1-11
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Action 2 version does fit and hold Ok but there is just a little movement so they aren't identical.
Considering the magnetic clip mount is the best thing about this camera and it is very handy to have at least one additional one they really ought to be readily available and preferably for $10 or less.
Never mind though, the third party makers will soon scoop up the buyers DJI does not want.
2023-1-14
Use props
skysailor64
lvl.4
United States

This one by Tilta ( a very good quality product) is only $9.00 but shipping is also $9.00 so would be best to order more than one.
https://tilta.com/shop/magnetic- ... osmo-action-series/
2023-1-14
Use props
veesix
lvl.2

United States

For future reference, I purchased the Smallrig product from Amazon which says it’s for both the Action 2 and 3. It seems pretty strong and it’s made out of metal. However, there’s a small bit of play between the adapter and the camera. Don’t know if that would have an effect on recording. SMALLRIG Magnetic Adapter Mount for DJI Action 3 / Action 2, with Adapter Connection and 1/4” Thread for Osmo Action 3 / Action 2, for Tripod, Selfie, Vlogging, YouTube - 3662 https://a.co/d/aSSbZM9
2023-1-15
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

veesix Posted at 1-15 10:47
For future reference, I purchased the Smallrig product from Amazon which says it’s for both the Action 2 and 3. It seems pretty strong and it’s made out of metal. However, there’s a small bit of play between the adapter and the camera. Don’t know if that would have an effect on recording. SMALLRIG Magnetic Adapter Mount for DJI Action 3 / Action 2, with Adapter Connection and 1/4” Thread for Osmo Action 3 / Action 2, for Tripod, Selfie, Vlogging, YouTube - 3662 https://a.co/d/aSSbZM9

Small rig make great accessories good luck.
2023-1-15
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

look at telesin
IMG_20230124_144211.jpg
2023-1-24
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

veesix Posted at 1-15 10:47
For future reference, I purchased the Smallrig product from Amazon which says it’s for both the Action 2 and 3. It seems pretty strong and it’s made out of metal. However, there’s a small bit of play between the adapter and the camera. Don’t know if that would have an effect on recording. SMALLRIG Magnetic Adapter Mount for DJI Action 3 / Action 2, with Adapter Connection and 1/4” Thread for Osmo Action 3 / Action 2, for Tripod, Selfie, Vlogging, YouTube - 3662 https://a.co/d/aSSbZM9

The new DJI mount has noise dampening added so if you bike on rough surfaces you won't hear any rattle in the audio.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 942&pid=2939173
2023-1-24
Use props
m326
lvl.4
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 1-24 09:05
The new DJI mount has noise dampening added so if you bike on rough surfaces you won't hear any rattle in the audio.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=281942&pid=2939173

That was a problem that I found with mine, rattles in the audio. Sticky tape has cured it for now but will be buying more magnetic mounts.
2023-1-24
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

osmonauta Posted at 1-24 09:05
The new DJI mount has noise dampening added so if you bike on rough surfaces you won't hear any rattle in the audio.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=281942&pid=2939173

dji mount is out of stock
2023-1-25
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
United States

lutzmix Posted at 1-25 03:12
dji mount is out of stock

That's because of new noise dampening everyone is buying it.
2023-1-25
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

For me I need a third mount so I can swap to my neck strap i got these magnetic round mounts from Ulanzi then rather buy  replacements of DJI
2023-1-25
Use props
URock
lvl.2
Germany

@dji can we pls get more information on availability of this item? We all need it now and not next year!
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

URock Posted at 1-25 13:28
@dji can we pls get more information on availability of this item? We all need it now and not next year!

Hi, URock. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. If it is currently unavailable in your country, we recommend contacting our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) to check for availability. Alternatively, you may also consider checking with DJI Retail Stores near you. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-1-25
Use props
URock
lvl.2
Germany

It's out of stock since several months.

https://store.dji.com/de/product ... lease-adapter-mount

DJI Shop: out of stock
Amazon: out of stock
Mediamarkt/Saturn (Germany): out of stock
All other photo dealer in Germany: out of stock
2023-3-2
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

URock Posted at 3-2 01:34
It's out of stock since several months.

https://store.dji.com/de/product/osmo-action-quick-release-adapter-mount
were supposedly available in the dji.de shop on February 22nd, whether old or new version (no pictures)??  Subscribe to the notification list in the shop. Ulanzi's  OA 11 for Osmo2 are sufficient for a neck mount, or with cold shoe for your mic
IMG_20230302_114902.jpg
IMG_20230302_120418.jpg
IMG_20230302_122139.jpg
2023-3-2
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

I really cannot recommend the smallrig adapter. I like its build quality and features like the foldable gopro- and the 1/4"-mount. But its shortcommings are: rattling - can be dampened with a layer of tape - and safety. The two buttons to release the cam from the magnetic mount are badly designed. They protude from the base and are easily pressed, either by accident ot by something, that hits the setup (twigs or so). In many cases the magnet is strong enought to hold the cam until the clutch is automtically closed again, but not always.
I just threw my cam two times across the room just when I switched settings with the QS-button. I tend to rest my index finger on the counter side oft the mount and that is enought to open the clutch.
Open clutch and pressure from the opposite side is enough to make the cam flying.
That does not happen with the original adapter, because the button design is better (recessed behind the ledges).
-edit-
Smallrig 1 pressed.jpg

right clutch open, camera comes loose

right clutch open, camera comes loose

The camera comes loose when it shifts its position. The right clutch opens, the camera can move to the right enought to slip out of the left clutch.

Could someone check that with the ulanzi and telesin mounts?
2023-3-5
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

DJ DJ Posted at 3-5 00:25
I really cannot recommend the smallrig adapter. I like its build quality and features like the foldable gopro- and the 1/4"-mount. But its shortcommings are: rattling - can be dampened with a layer of tape - and safety. The two buttons to release the cam from the magnetic mount are badly designed. They protude from the base and are easily pressed, either by accident ot by something, that hits the setup (twigs or so). In many cases the magnet is strong enought to hold the cam until the clutch is automtically closed again, but not always.
I just threw my cam two times across the room just when I switched settings with the QS-button. I tend to rest my index finger on the counter side oft the mount and that is enought to open the clutch.
Open clutch and pressure from the opposite side is enough to make the cam flying.
[Image]
maybe your rattle layer is too thick and the clutch don't close properly??  Telesin, Ulanzi and NoName  are ok but rattles bicycle mounted
2023-3-5
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 3-5 02:10
maybe your rattle layer is too thick and the clasps don't close properly??  Telesin, Ulanzi and NoName  are ok but rattles bicycle mounted

No rattle layer and the clamps are closed properly.
The problem is that the clamps can be opened too easily by hitting/pressing it from the side. The buttons protude and when pressed until they are flush with the frame of the mount, the clamps are open.

That is prevented by the original action 3 adapter. The buttons are flat and have to be pushed to the inside. You cannot push them with anything larger than the buttons itself because the ledges safeguard the buttons. The fingertips have to go between these ledges. Much safer than the smallrig solution.

At the first glance, the ulanzi adapter seems better. Could you test, if the cam is still safe when pressing one button flush to the ledges?
2023-3-5
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

DJ DJ Posted at 3-5 02:40
No rattle layer and the clamps are closed properly.
The problem is that the clamps can be opened too easily by hitting/pressing it from the side. The buttons protude and when pressed until they are flush with the frame of the mount, the clamps are open.

it is save same with the original dji mounts (rattle too)
IMG_20230305_121439.jpg
2023-3-5
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

The new DJI mount doesn't rattle. The question is when will it be available in the store again.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281942
2023-3-5
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

Great, thank you. I'll go for the ulanzi as next adapter then.
2023-3-5
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

Telesin is ok (rattle)
use extern mic

Screenshot_2023-03-05-15-21-40-767_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
2023-3-5
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

Thanks, already have that in my basket and waiting for tomorrow. ;) I just needed something compareable to the smallrig adapter with 1/4" screw for my micro handle. ;)
2023-3-5
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

After a while, my adapters arrived - ulanzi.de with 'german warehouse' shipped by airmail from china... Telesin is still on the way but only because the local carrier needs more than 4 days to deliver now.
I did a short comparision of the stability when countering the qs-button. I know, it may only be my clumpsy fingers, but perhaps somebody finds it interesting.

Sorry for the blurriness and bad audio, I had to conceal traffic noise and some videoconferencing background. ;)
2023-3-17
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

das hält
IMG_20221223_110951.jpg
2023-3-17
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

The Ulanzi OA-11 and the original DJI OA3 mount are safe even for my clumpsiness. The same with the Telesin mount that resembles a good copy of the original one. They are comparable even by their noise profile. ;)The more versatile Ulanzi OA-11 rattles a little bit louder (or with higher frequencies because of the metal frame), but is my favorite for now, because of the addidtional 1/4 hole. The GoPro fork on this one is a little bit too short, though. It does not fit the counterparts on all of my equipment very well.
The center of the fork on the Telesin mount is too thick. With some force it can be fitted, so it should be ok for most situations.
The Ulanzi OA-12 is the one with only the 1/4 inch hole. it has the lowest profile but is too easy to open. I cannot derive what is the problem here because the clutch merely looks the same as the one on the OA-11. But the few milimeters may make the difference.
The Smallrig is the fanciest looking one. It is well crafted too, just as the ulanzies. Its GoPro fork is better because it protrudes just a little bit longer giving the right amount to fit in the counterpart. But its clutch can be opened as easy as the OA-12 or even easier with anything hitting the buttons because it has no safeguard.
So I will use the Smallrig and the OA-11 stationary or as quick attach mounts for accessories.

For the action, I will use the original DJI mount because it prevents rattle best. Same deal with the Telesin mount.

@lutzmix: Is that a Smallrig coldshoe mount on the OA-11?
2023-3-17
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

DJ DJ Posted at 3-17 06:53
The Ulanzi OA-11 and the original DJI OA3 mount are safe even for my clumpsiness. The same with the Telesin mount that resembles a good copy of the original one. They are comparable even by their noise profile. ;)The more versatile Ulanzi OA-11 rattles a little bit louder (or with higher frequencies because of the metal frame), but is my favorite for now, because of the addidtional 1/4 hole. The GoPro fork on this one is a little bit too short, though. It does not fit the counterparts on all of my equipment very well.
The center of the fork on the Telesin mount is too thick. With some force it can be fitted, so it should be ok for most situations.
The Ulanzi OA-12 is the one with only the 1/4 inch hole. it has the lowest profile but is too easy to open. I cannot derive what is the problem here because the clutch merely looks the same as the one on the OA-11. But the few milimeters may make the difference.
I have Feichad and Smallrig cold shoe

Feichad has Phillips and Smallrig Imbus  1/4 "screws
IMG_20230319_032834.jpg
IMG_20230319_033331.jpg
IMG_20230319_083304.jpg
IMG_20230319_083416.jpg
2023-3-18
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 3-18 04:50
I have Feichad and Smallrig cold shoe

Feichad has Phillips and Smallrig Imbus  1/4 "screws

2023-3-18
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

new by Ulanzi
OA-16. magnetic battery door &

OA-19 magnetic cold shoe
2023-4-5
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

ulanzi magnetic Akku door (Waterproof?)

with cold shoe for the mic receiver or a mic
first loosen the upper clamp otherwise you can open the door
you can use the cold shoe with the Ulanzi cage
IMG_20230419_102554.jpg
IMG_20230419_102722.jpg
IMG_20230419_104009.jpg
IMG_20230419_103926.jpg
2023-4-19
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 4-19 00:35
ulanzi magnetic Akku door (Waterproof?)

with cold shoe for the mic receiver or a mic

Thanks for the pictures.
The OA-19 is  what I was looking for since I saw it on the ulanzi cage promo photos. It's obsolete now for me, as I have mimicked that with the OA-12 and the smallrig coldshoe adapter. Better for my usecase as otherwise, the microphone would appear in the frame with Rocksteady/Horizonsteady on. With the setup I use now, that still occurs from time to time - the ultra wide angle is just too vast to hide anything in front of the lens... ;)

But the OA-16 looks very interesting. Could reduce the overall size even more.
2023-4-19
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

DJ DJ Posted at 4-19 08:58
Thanks for the pictures.
The OA-19 is  what I was looking for since I saw it on the ulanzi cage promo photos. It's obsolete now for me, as I have mimicked that with the OA-12 and the smallrig coldshoe adapter. Better for my usecase as otherwise, the microphone would appear in the frame with Rocksteady/Horizonsteady on. With the setup I use now, that still occurs from time to time - the ultra wide angle is just too vast to hide anything in front of the lens... ;)

Ulanzi cold shoe OA-19 with DJI cage

you can easy move it open only one ledge!

OA11 vs. OA19 20gr
IMG_20230420_062048.jpg
IMG_20230420_081146.jpg
IMG_20230420_082037.jpg
IMG_20230420_082320.jpg
IMG_20230420_085826.jpg
2023-4-19
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 4-19 20:22
Ulanzi cold shoe OA-19 with DJI cage

you can easy move it open only one ledge!
[Image]
stopper rubber

useless with Ulanzi OA19

ok with DJI mount
IMG_20230420_110125.jpg
IMG_20230420_111349.jpg
IMG_20230420_111728.jpg
2023-4-20
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany