Dji Fpv Drone camera calibration issue
4396 8 2023-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zAK37FwM5Pui
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31424 ft
United Kingdom

I've installed a new camera module on my Dji fpv drone Goggles display Camera Needs Calibrating, but both Dji Fly apps will not calibrate the camera, Android see's it needs calibration and asked to download calibration data but download always fails, on Ios app does not see any issue with drone and there is no option to calibrate main camera? what can I do please help!! Swapping the camera took 5 mins trying to calibrate it has taken me hours and still I can't do it..

2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_zAK37FwM5Pu. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Are you getting a gimbal calibration message? If you do, please go through the steps below to perform a gimbal calibration.
1. Connect the aircraft and goggles.
2. Place the aircraft on a horizontal surface.
3. Enter "Settings" in the goggles menu.
4. Select "Control".
5. Select "Gimbal Calibration".

If not, kindly provide us with the exact message and the video of the operation for further checking. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-10
Use props
djiuser_zAK37FwM5Pui
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-10 19:06
Hi, djiuser_zAK37FwM5Pu. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Are you getting a gimbal calibration message? If you do, please go through the steps below to perform a gimbal calibration.
1. Connect the aircraft and goggles.
2. Place the aircraft on a horizontal surface.

Hi its not the gimble, it's the main camera calibration, Dji Fly app does not work it wont download the software,
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_zAK37FwM5Pui Posted at 1-11 00:36
Hi its not the gimble, it's the main camera calibration, Dji Fly app does not work it wont download the software, [view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

Hi, djiuser_zAK37FwM5Pui. Thank you for the clarification. Please refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) while the new camera module is on. Here's the download link and the steps:  (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/dji-fpv).

1. Power on the device and connect it to a computer with a USB-C cable.
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and log in with a DJI account.
3. Select the device and click Firmware Update on the left-hand side.
4. Select the refresh firmware.
5. DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) will download and update the firmware automatically.
6. The device will restart automatically after the firmware update is complete.

Note:
1. Make sure to follow all the steps to update the firmware. Otherwise, the update may fail.
2. The firmware update will take approximately 11 minutes. When updating the firmware, it is normal for the gimbal to go limp, and the aircraft to reboot. Wait until the update is complete.
3. Make sure the computer is connected to the internet.
4. Make sure that the device has sufficient power before updating firmware. Before performing an update, make sure the Intelligent Flight Battery is at least 43% charged and the goggles battery and the remote controller are at least 30% charged.
5. Do not unplug the USB-C cable during an update.
6. If there is an additional battery that needs to be updated after the update is complete, insert it into the aircraft and power on the aircraft. A prompt will appear in the goggles to update the battery. Make sure to update the battery before takeoff.
7. Note that the update may reset various flight parameters such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the update.

If the issue still persists after refreshing the firmware, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-1-14
Use props
Pete Watson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-14 01:36
Hi, djiuser_zAK37FwM5Pui. Thank you for the clarification. Please refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) while the new camera module is on. Here's the download link and the steps:  (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/dji-fpv).

1. Power on the device and connect it to a computer with a USB-C cable.

I will try this but I don't think it will work, only solution I have seen before is the fly app on ios, someone on this forum, had the same issue, he used the fly app downloaded the calibration data and it fixed his camera issue. That is how I tried to fix the issue but Dji fly app can't download the file from the dji server that must host the file.
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Pete Watson Posted at 1-14 04:13
I will try this but I don't think it will work, only solution I have seen before is the fly app on ios, someone on this forum, had the same issue, he used the fly app downloaded the calibration data and it fixed his camera issue. That is how I tried to fix the issue but Dji fly app can't download the file from the dji server that must host the file.

Hi, Pete. Thank you for your cooperation. Please feel free to try other troubleshooting steps that you think might help you solve the issue here at DJI Forum. After doing so and the issue persists, then please consider sending it in for a proper diagnosis. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-17
Use props
djiuser_On7Mi0ZNMHgL
New

Brazil

djiuser_zAK37FwM5Pui Posted at 1-11 00:36
Hi its not the gimble, it's the main camera calibration, Dji Fly app does not work it wont download the software, [view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it?

I changed the lens on my avatar, just the lens module.

the goggles ask me to connect with the DJI FLY, but nothing happens when connecting there.
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_On7Mi0ZNMHgL Posted at 9-22 19:44
I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it?

I changed the lens on my avatar, just the lens module.

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please check the notes below and see if it would help:
1. Make sure the latest version of the DJI FLY APP
2. Make sure the Aircraft, Goggles V2, and RC are connected well.
3. Connect the OTG cable correctly. Please connect the Goggles V2 and mobile device via OTG cable and USB cable.
4. If you use an Android device, please use the official Type-C cable, If you use an iPhone, please use an official lightning cable. Please try to plug and unplug the USB cable several times.
Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
2023-10-9
Use props
djiuser_PrfnWjYKC5C1
New

Portugal

Hi I have bought a DJI Avata and have the goggles and controller. After doing all the ipdates and calibration I still cannot calibrate the Gimball.

I put it in "Auto" for the calibration and it says "calibrating the gimball, keep in flat surface" but it never reaches more than 0%  

Please help
2-20 11:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules