Multiple Avata Issues after the December Firmware Update
1023 2 2023-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 822484 ft
United States

I won’t go into the Remote ID part as that has been covered in many other threads.
New issues:
1. Having to be connected to my phone causes my goggles (Goggles 2) battery to drain at a high rate. At least 2 or 3 times more than normal.  Phones are using the goggles battery as a power source.
2. While connected to my phone\DJI Fly app, the Avata is no longer stable in one spot.  When hovering it starts to wander straying in all directions.  When I disconnect my goggles from my phone\DJI Fly app I noticed it stabilizes.  I confirmed this several times that while the Goggles are connected to my phone with the fly app the stabilization is bad. This is even when using the stop\pause button.
3. Landing sensors are now affecting smooth landings.  When attempting to land in Normal mode the Avata will start to lower then all of a sudden it will either jump up or jump to a side even on a flat clear landing location.   I have crashed more landing in front of me than while flying.  I also saw this on several YouTube videos.
DJI PLEASE FIX these issues.
Or you should let us roll back the firmware.  This update is horrible and not just because of Remote ID.  You should have tested this more before sending out the update.

2023-1-10
Use props
djiuser_gnA3x7A9mBjq
lvl.2
United States

I have the exact same issues. I haven't tried it but there is an option to downgrade the firmware in the DJI Assistant app.
2023-1-12
Use props
Dalí_
lvl.1
Colombia

djiuser_gnA3x7A9mBjq Posted at 1-12 18:53
I have the exact same issues. I haven't tried it but there is an option to downgrade the firmware in the DJI Assistant app.

I uneerstand that the downgrade just affects the goggles and the control, but not the aircraft. Did you check that
2023-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules