DJI Go4 App not working with Galaxy Ultra s22
3028 16 2023-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FotoMan
lvl.1
United States

Greetings fellow pilots, It has been a couple of years since I last visited this forum.  I searched my topic but found no results.  I recently purchased a new andriod Galaxy Ultra s22 phone.  The Go 4 app transferred from my s8 to my s22.  However, asi'm sure many of you know, DJI is laggng on updating their app to keep up with the latest andriods.  So, as a result I'm grounded.  Can any of you offer me some options as I wait for DJI to catchup?
2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, FotoMan. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. You mentioned that the DJI Go 4 App was transferred to your new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. May we ask if you are encountering any specific issues with the app? If yes, kindly provide us with a screenshot of any error message so we may investigate further. We hope to hear back from you. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes it's a known issue that the DJI Apps can't/won't run on any Android version after 10, and unfortunately DJI don't seem in any hurry to sort it out. If you've got an old Android phone lying about with Android 10 or earlier, that will work just fine for flying your M2Z.  I use a Samsung Galaxy S9.
2023-1-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Blériot53 Posted at 1-11 00:18
Yes it's a known issue that the DJI Apps can't/won't run on any Android version after 10, and unfortunately DJI don't seem in any hurry to sort it out. If you've got an old Android phone lying about with Android 10 or earlier, that will work just fine for flying your M2Z.  I use a Samsung Galaxy S9.

it's a known issue that the DJI Apps can't/won't run on any Android version after 10
It's a known issue that you get the most misinformation on the DJI forum.
This is a prime example.
2023-1-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-11 04:16
I run all the DJI apps (Go, Go4, Fly, Mimo, Store) on a Galaxy S10 running Android 12 (T-Mobile).  I know certain phones are having issues but it is not a global issue for all devices.

Maybe I'm a little out of date.  My two Galaxy S9 phones run all those Apps but they're on  Android 10.
Whereas my Galaxy A51, which used to run them, suddenly refused to even load them when it upgraded to Android 11. Deleting and re-installing made no difference.  The A51 is now on Android13, and still won't run any DJI Apps at all.
So the S9 (and an old Tab S2 8" tablet) are paired with the Mavic2Zoom.
For the Mini3Pro I have the DJI RC, which solves the problem.
2023-1-11
Use props
FotoMan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-10 20:32
Hi, FotoMan. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. You mentioned that the DJI Go 4 App was transferred to your new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. May we ask if you are encountering any specific issues with the app? If yes, kindly provide us with a screenshot of any error message so we may investigate further. We hope to hear back from you. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Hi Tony, thank you for your help!  I tried getting the drone up one more time this morning.  I got further today than I have before.  I had a series of updates that took about 30 minutes.  All of those seem to have completed successfully.  I calibrated my IMU and compass successfully.

I have the GO FLY button displayed.  However, I live about 11/2 miles from a regional airport.  I always have to apply for permission to take off.  As I try to go through the process, I get stuck in the verification of my account.  I put my email and password, submit the verification code.  Each time, one of the three are declared invalid.  I successfully changed my password, but this failed to work as well.  I even tried creating a new account with a different email.  That did not work either.  It would seem as though the application recognizes my account if it allows me to make all those updates.  I didn't see anything displayed that I thought needed a screen shot, so I did not take one.  Is there anything else I can try?
2023-1-11
Use props
FotoMan
lvl.1
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-11 08:09
Maybe I'm a little out of date.  My two Galaxy S9 phones run all those Apps but they're on  Android 10.
Whereas my Galaxy A51, which used to run them, suddenly refused to even load them when it upgraded to Android 11. Deleting and re-installing made no difference.  The A51 is now on Android13, and still won't run any DJI Apps at all.
So the S9 (and an old Tab S2 8" tablet) are paired with the Mavic2Zoom.

Hi Blériot53,
I like that image!  Since my current issue seems to appear when I apply for a certificate to fly in a restricted area, I may try to relocate and try again.  If that fails, I guess I will try getting my hands on an older android.  Thank you for your help!
2023-1-11
Use props
FotoMan
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-11 04:16
I run all the DJI apps (Go, Go4, Fly, Mimo, Store) on a Galaxy S10 running Android 12 (T-Mobile).  I know certain phones are having issues but it is not a global issue for all devices.

Hello Dirty Bird.  So your saying I can use phone up to version 12 or earlier such as 9.  Is there any advantage to using 12 over 9?  If you don't mind my asking, what kind of fees should I expect to pay to have a second phone?
2023-1-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FotoMan Posted at 1-11 10:53
Hi Blériot53,
I like that image!  Since my current issue seems to appear when I apply for a certificate to fly in a restricted area, I may try to relocate and try again.  If that fails, I guess I will try getting my hands on an older android.  Thank you for your help!

No worries mate.  Hope you find a solution that works for you
2023-1-11
Use props
FotoMan
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-11 02:12
it's a known issue that the DJI Apps can't/won't run on any Android version after 10
It's a known issue that you get the most misinformation on the DJI forum.
This is a prime example.

Thank you Labriodes.  So your recommending 10 or older.  Okay, I'm going to make one more effort in a different location.  If that fails, I quess I will have some shopping to do.  Can you suggest where I should look for an older phone?
2023-1-11
Use props
FotoMan
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-11 12:00
My phone is a USA model Galaxy S10 with SnapDragon processor.  I don't know what the oldest version of Android is you can use with Go/Go4/Fly, but my S10 currently runs Android 12 & all the DJI apps work properly.  I don't know if there is any real advantage between 9 through 12 other than its newer.  As long as it reliably runs the DJI apps is what matters in this case.

If you just want to pick up a phone to use for flying with the DJI apps, there will be no additional fees beyond the cost of the phone itself.  You won't need cellular service as you can connect it to your current phone via Mobile HotSpot.  If you don't have HotSpot service, you can do all the online stuff on your home wi-fi.  You don't actually need internet access to fly the bird except for live maps & if you need to unlock a restricted zone.  You can cache maps & unlock in advance at home if needed.

Good to have a source of knowledge like you and the other members of this forum.  Thanks again!

BTW, I don't know if you saw my latest post, but I was able to get my bird up using the latest GO4 app.
2023-1-11
Use props
igalep
lvl.1

Israel

Hey ,
Have same exact issue but with different phone (Pixel 7 pro running Android 13)
Used latest DJO GO 4 on OnePlus 8T with Android 12 and it worked fine , but since phone replacement I'm grounded

@DJI guys , pls make an Android 13 compatibility !
2023-1-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

FotoMan Posted at 1-11 10:43
Hi Tony, thank you for your help!  I tried getting the drone up one more time this morning.  I got further today than I have before.  I had a series of updates that took about 30 minutes.  All of those seem to have completed successfully.  I calibrated my IMU and compass successfully.

I have the GO FLY button displayed.  However, I live about 11/2 miles from a regional airport.  I always have to apply for permission to take off.  As I try to go through the process, I get stuck in the verification of my account.  I put my email and password, submit the verification code.  Each time, one of the three are declared invalid.  I successfully changed my password, but this failed to work as well.  I even tried creating a new account with a different email.  That did not work either.  It would seem as though the application recognizes my account if it allows me to make all those updates.  I didn't see anything displayed that I thought needed a screen shot, so I did not take one.  Is there anything else I can try?

Hello, FotoMan. Sorry for the late response. Can you please confirm if you still experience the said issue? If you are having issues unlocking the restricted area in which you are flying the unit, you may directly contact our team at flysafe@dji.com for further assistance. Furthermore, you may double-check the spelling, upper and lower case letters, or spaces when you enter your email and password. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

igalep Posted at 1-16 03:12
Hey ,
Have same exact issue but with different phone (Pixel 7 pro running Android 13)
Used latest DJO GO 4 on OnePlus 8T with Android 12 and it worked fine , but since phone replacement I'm grounded  

Hi there. We're sorry to know that you are having issues with your unit. Can you please confirm what error message you received on the DJI Go 4 app when using your Pixel 7 pro? Are you having issues downloading the app? Please let us know so we can help you further. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-9
Use props
FotoMan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-9 00:42
Hello, FotoMan. Sorry for the late response. Can you please confirm if you still experience the said issue? If you are having issues unlocking the restricted area in which you are flying the unit, you may directly contact our team at  for further assistance. Furthermore, you may double-check the spelling, upper and lower case letters, or spaces when you enter your email and password. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi Paladin.  If I create a certificate in FlySafe on my computer, that usually works.  However, trying to do do so from my phone while on location rarely works.  Any advice?
2023-3-14
Use props
FotoMan
lvl.1
United States

Hi Paladin.  If I create a certificate in FlySafe on my computer, that usually works.  However, trying to do do so from my phone while on location rarely works.  Any advice?
2023-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

FotoMan Posted at 3-14 10:22
Hi Paladin.  If I create a certificate in FlySafe on my computer, that usually works.  However, trying to do do so from my phone while on location rarely works.  Any advice?

Hi, FotoMan. Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm what error message did you experienced on the app when you experience the said issue? Can you please take as screenshot and send it to us so we can check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules