Crashed my Mini SE today.
1539 9 2023-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swetie42
New

India

Title says it all. Got too close to a branch and it dropped from the sky, landing on a brick. Broke the gimbal arm, and popped off the bottom panel.

Glad I got the care program so replacement is $29.

Still bummed I’m grounded until the replacement comes.

Anyone recommend any add-ons to get to increase survival in case of crashes?

2023-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did the same myself recently,  it happens to all of us.  
2023-1-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

They make parachutes for the larger drones but nothing as small as the Mini SE.  Those parachutes are quite expensive, much more than the replacement cost under the repair program.  
2023-1-11
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-11 02:52
They make parachutes for the larger drones but nothing as small as the Mini SE.  Those parachutes are quite expensive, much more than the replacement cost under the repair program.

I love DJI Care refresh! I have not had to use it yet, thankfully. But I fly easy knowing i have this and I renewed the policy on my mini 2 and purchased 2 years out of the gate on my Avata!

Way to go DJI standing behind these products with a great support program!
2023-2-18
Use props
FLY QUADS TV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621617 ft
South Korea

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=285511&page=1&extra=#pid2984918
this is the way how to prevent gimbal from damage.
2023-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Nitro-Tom Posted at 2-18 21:56
I love DJI Care refresh! I have not had to use it yet, thankfully. But I fly easy knowing i have this and I renewed the policy on my mini 2 and purchased 2 years out of the gate on my Avata!

Way to go DJI standing behind these products with a great support program!

I had to use DJI Care once and the service was fast.  Even had a follow up email to make sure replacement was working and that I was satisfied with it. I have seen others complain but I have to say they sure treated me right.
2023-2-19
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 05:38
I had to use DJI Care once and the service was fast.  Even had a follow up email to make sure replacement was working and that I was satisfied with it. I have seen others complain but I have to say they sure treated me right.

I was going to skip the DJI Care if I went with the older PFV bird. It was a great combo and I love the drone only it is one of those birds you do not want to crash, not even minor or its bummer time for repair/replacement as it is not very serviceable. Basically send it in most every time, even for an arm?

Its a shame but it shows in the cost of a 2 year plan for the FPV bird and the deductible means you basically save $100 on your first replacement. not a great value compared to the plans for my Mini 2 and Avata wich also extend the warranty a full year for less than you spend on good family dinner. Great protection for what will end up being a $1800 package. It is just an awesome value for the avata IMHO!

2023-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Nitro-Tom Posted at 2-19 11:28
I was going to skip the DJI Care if I went with the older PFV bird. It was a great combo and I love the drone only it is one of those birds you do not want to crash, not even minor or its bummer time for repair/replacement as it is not very serviceable. Basically send it in most every time, even for an arm?

Its a shame but it shows in the cost of a 2 year plan for the FPV bird and the deductible means you basically save $100 on your first replacement. not a great value compared to the plans for my Mini 2 and Avata wich also extend the warranty a full year for less than you spend on good family dinner. Great protection for what will end up being a $1800 package. It is just an awesome value for the avata IMHO!

2023-2-20
Use props
Drone4u
New

United States

How do I get photos from a lostndrone
2023-3-7
Use props
AlbertoBkk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47434 ft
Thailand