How to read PM while using the DJI Forum on Android?
689 11 2023-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I've had some problems using the DJI Forum on my Android phone. Usually I prefer using it on my PC, but have tried to occasionally use it with my phone and have encountered a couple of annoying issues.

For instance, I tried reading PMs between me and a DJI representative, but when using the mobile version of the site, I see no menu that would allow me to read the PMs directly. To be able to read them (if I'm lucky), I need to sign in, then sign out, then on the signout page click the small 'PC Version' link at the bottom of the page (It used to be on other pages of the site as well, but alas, seems to be no more elsewhere on the mobile site), then sign in again, then proceed to read the PMs the usual way they are read on PC. And even then, I only seem to be able to read the last message on the PM discussion, if even that (sometimes it just gives me a message saying there are no relevant PMs on the discussion to be read).

Sure there must be an easier way to read them, and all of them! What am I missing here? As of now, the mobile site seems to be somewhat of a torso and limited on it's functions.

2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Apologies for any inconvenience. We'll check it out with the team, highlighting the issues you raised. Thank you for your time and patience.
2023-1-11
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

I use the forum on mobile but i pick the use desktop option
2023-1-19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Prezzodrone Posted at 1-19 13:20
I use the forum on mobile but i pick the use desktop option

I used to do that too, but for some reason it has become harder to find that desktop version link from the site. For some reason, it doesn't show up for me on most pages of the forum. The only way nowadays I manage to find it is to sign in and then out, and on the logout page is the link. And it does feel a bit complicated to have to sign in twice to be able to read the PM. And occasionally, for some reason, it still occasionally switches back to the mobile version, hence why I'd rather use the forums on my laptop computer.
2023-1-20
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 1-20 04:38
I used to do that too, but for some reason it has become harder to find that desktop version link from the site. For some reason, it doesn't show up for me on most pages of the forum. The only way nowadays I manage to find it is to sign in and then out, and on the logout page is the link. And it does feel a bit complicated to have to sign in twice to be able to read the PM. And occasionally, for some reason, it still occasionally switches back to the mobile version, hence why I'd rather use the forums on my laptop computer.

Do you use iphone?  As I don’t have that myself
2023-1-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Prezzodrone Posted at 1-25 12:57
Do you use iphone?  As I don’t have that myself

No, my phone is an Android phone. An OnePlus 5 with Android 10 and OxygenOS 10.0.1, to be precise. Using Chrome as the browser in it.
2023-1-27
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 1-27 06:59
No, my phone is an Android phone. An OnePlus 5 with Android 10 and OxygenOS 10.0.1, to be precise. Using Chrome as the browser in it.

In chrome settings under content settings you can set default sites view to desktop.  
2023-1-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Prezzodrone Posted at 1-29 11:47
In chrome settings under content settings you can set default sites view to desktop.

Thanks, good to know this. While I'm not sure if I want it to default to desktop mode with every site I am using with my phone, it's good to know that I can switch this from the settings as a workaround if I need to check the forums on the go. :-)
2023-1-30
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 1-30 02:50
Thanks, good to know this. While I'm not sure if I want it to default to desktop mode with every site I am using with my phone, it's good to know that I can switch this from the settings as a workaround if I need to check the forums on the go. :-)

Its a tricky choice for sure
2023-2-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Prezzodrone Posted at 2-4 11:15
Its a tricky choice for sure

Yes. Some sites work just fine (or even better than in desktop mode when using a phone) in mobile mode, but others do feel quite limited in that mode.
2023-2-5
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 2-5 05:02
Yes. Some sites work just fine (or even better than in desktop mode when using a phone) in mobile mode, but others do feel quite limited in that mode.

I had used the site settings but when the forum opens a new window i lost it each time.  
2023-2-5
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Prezzodrone Posted at 2-5 08:51
I had used the site settings but when the forum opens a new window i lost it each time.

That seemed to happen to me too, when trying to use the site on Android.
2023-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules