1952 6 2023-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157133 ft
  • >>>
United States

As the title states, I am wondering whether RCs, like drones themselves are bound to a DJI account?

I know buying a drone from say eBay has resulted in many people owning an aircraft bound to someone else’s DJI account. If you can’t get ahold of the original owner to unbind it you’re out of luck.

Can that happen with an RC pro also? It’s simple to check on the DJI Fly app I know but I only have the Enterprise version of the RC so I can’t see for myself.

Thanks.
2023-1-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe the answer is No.
BUT believe the controller can be bound to the drone and there can be consequence to that.
2023-1-11
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yeah I see what you are saying…..

I just bought a new Mavic 3 Classic from Best Buy. I’d like to buy a used RC Pro and I’m just trying to confirm whether or not there’s any chance of an issue binding the used RC Pro with my new Mavic 3.

2023-1-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jiggyb21 Posted at 1-11 08:50
Yeah I see what you are saying…..

I just bought a new Mavic 3 Classic from Best Buy. I’d like to buy a used RC Pro and I’m just trying to confirm whether or not there’s any chance of an issue binding the used RC Pro with my new Mavic 3.

In that case I think there is a risk and you should ensure
a) if a face to face sale, the seller undoes any residual unbinding  infront of you and or allows you to test fly your drone with the unbound controller AND YOUR LOG IN to the control app. DONT FORGET to log out if you do not take the controller.........
OR
b) if buying via ebay, that the seller confirms via ebay messages, that the controller is not bound to a drone. eBay messages can be read by ebay staff if needed and form part of the 'contract'.
I  suspect that it would be a successful arguement to suggest that a "used", working controller that was bound to a drone and prevented flights with your drone AND app would be "not as described". In which  case the controller could be returned at the seller's per paid expense,  that assumes eBay's USA T&C are the same as the UK's T&C.

If you buy the controller it might be poilte to ask the seller to delete ALL their logs from the controller. Even if they log out of their app but leave the logs ON the controller those logs can probably be transferred to computer etc. and read.

2023-1-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

If you have care refresh on your drone then yes the RC and drone will be bound to your account and if you change the rc it will ask you to unbind the account and re-bind.
2023-1-11
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks to you both for the advice and info.
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If the first owner of the said RC has the DJI Care refresh, the DJI RC PRO is bounded to the previous aircraft after the activation. You may contact the previous owner of the unit to unbind the said RC on his account to avoid any errors. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules