3382 15 2023-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

Hey again, everybody.

I noticed that when you browse under the Ronin 4D category on the DJI store, it lists the Ronin-S External GPS Module as an accessory.

And on its page it says it's compatible with the Ronin 4D.

What would be the benefit to using the GPS module? Does anyone have experience with it?
2023-1-11
Use props
Shikijo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3323150 ft
  • >>>
France

It's working and highly recommended for car shoot. The GPS help the ronin to keep the horizon.
2023-1-13
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

Shikijo Posted at 1-13 03:27
It's working and highly recommended for car shoot. The GPS help the ronin to keep the horizon.

Did you use it on the Ronin 4D or the Ronin S?
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Sorry for the belated reply and thanks for the detailed information.
When you use the DJI Ronin 4D with the Ronin-S External GPS Module, it can enhance the stabilization performance of the gimbal roll axis during rapid acceleration.
If you have any more related questions or need any support, please just let us know.
Thank you again for your support.
2023-1-15
Use props
Shikijo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3323150 ft
  • >>>
France

Ford4D Posted at 1-14 08:44
Did you use it on the Ronin 4D or the Ronin S?

I use it on RS2, RS3 pro and R4D right now.
2023-1-16
Use props
fans385c6213
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Shikijo Posted at 1-16 06:56
I use it on RS2, RS3 pro and R4D right now.

Hi
I saw with interest that you can connect the GPS module to the 4D....how does it connect and do you need any additional cables?
Thanks.....

P.S I am updating this as I spoke with a DJI rep and he said that you need the additional adaptor cable and then just plug it into the USB-C socket and it should work...now I just have to wait till the GPS module comes back into stock!

2023-1-26
Use props
fansdb9de1f3
lvl.1

United States

fans385c6213 Posted at 1-26 10:40
Hi
I saw with interest that you can connect the GPS module to the 4D....how does it connect and do you need any additional cables?
Thanks.....

If you use the GPS Module with the 4D, does anyone know if it records the GPS metadata into the video file? I'd like to geotag stuff I shoot with the 4D.  
2023-5-8
Use props
JAEKAE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58560 ft
United States

Hi
Thanks.....

I just got the External GPS Module Adapter Cable and tried it on my Ronin 4D and it doesn't work. It only works through the handle accessory.
2023-5-19
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Hi
Thanks.....

i think you need the handle adapter that provides a sbus port on the ronin 4d .... the gps module comes with an sbus connection
2023-9-5
Use props
COLORGRADE
lvl.1
United States

The handle adapter is where the S-BUS connects for the GPS unit. We use the GPS unit on our rig when with medium to high-speed platforms like car mounts, bike mounts, rickshaws, etc. The GPS unit helps keep the horizon level.

2023-9-20
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

COLORGRADE Posted at 9-20 06:25
The handle adapter is where the S-BUS connects for the GPS unit. We use the GPS unit on our rig when with medium to high-speed platforms like car mounts, bike mounts, rickshaws, etc. The GPS unit helps keep the horizon level.

[view_image]

How do you see if the gps is working , i heard there is an indicator top left on the monitor but i can’t see it
2023-10-4
Use props
fansba78f159
New

Switzerland

Guys! is there an image that is suppose to show up when the GPS is installed?
2023-11-16
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263796 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

COLORGRADE Posted at 9-20 06:25
The handle adapter is where the S-BUS connects for the GPS unit. We use the GPS unit on our rig when with medium to high-speed platforms like car mounts, bike mounts, rickshaws, etc. The GPS unit helps keep the horizon level.

[view_image]

Fantastic.  We just bought the GPS too.  It shows a red symbol on the screen when attached.  Does this turn green when it has sufficient satellites do you know?  Thanks!
2023-11-23
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

Flo the Pirate Posted at 10-4 01:23
How do you see if the gps is working , i heard there is an indicator top left on the monitor but i can’t see it

Mine shows a red gps symbol at the moment.  Just connected it for the first time
2023-11-23
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-15 00:30
Hi, there.
Sorry for the belated reply and thanks for the detailed information.
When you use the DJI Ronin 4D with the Ronin-S External GPS Module, it can enhance the stabilization performance of the gimbal roll axis during rapid acceleration.

We bought the gps system hoping to eliminate the gimbal glitching when cornering, it happens even when going 20km which is slow.

We still have the same problem which makes the 4d impossible to use for on the road car shots.

Any ideas what might be causing the glitch?
2023-11-29
Use props
fans604827d5
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Any tips or tricks to getting the GPS module to work?  I bought 2x GPS modules and 2x handgrip adapters - when plugging into either the left or the right of the 4D, I get no lights.  It seems to be connected the same as the pics above from COLORGRADE.  If I'm looking at it correctly, there isn't anything that gets plugged into the "middle section" between the GPS module and the handgrip - the part that also looks like it's a receiving plug for something?  So frustrating!
2-16 13:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules