Recent 2023 Phone/Tablet Compatiblity
3009 10 2023-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PocketToo
lvl.1

United States

Good News - I just bought a new pocket2. Bad news - My old Samsung phone wil not download the MiMo app. I am willing to buy a new phone but it seems that only the new expensive iphones are compatible with the pocket2. All the other phones available here in the US are not on the compatiblity list. So I considered buying an affordable tablet, but the latest tablets available are not on the list either.

So my question is simple. What current (not used, or old) phones or tablets will work with the Mimo app/Pocket2? in other words, has anyone bought a brand new compatible device recently?

thanks for any help.
2023-1-11
Use props
Golfonauta
lvl.1

Spain

take care that any brand with decent security will potentially prevent you from installing the DJI mimo app because DJI does not publish it into de google play store, they make you download an APK from their website and enable an unsecure feature in the phone to install it
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm what specific mobile device are you using right now? Can you please tell us more about the error message that you received when downloading the DJI Mimo app so we can help you further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've found that most mobile devices that run the Fly App can also run the Mimo App.  Check out this list of compatible mobile devices and tablets for the DJI Fly App and use that as a guide.  

https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18

You can also check Swappa.com for good used mobile devices.  I bought a Galaxy Note 9 and it works perfect with the Mimo App.  
2023-1-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Me and fellow DJI Forum members have been gathering lists of tested DJI Pocket 2 compatible and non-compatible phones and tablets that not only include the official models but also others that have not been officially mentioned yet could work with the Pocket 2. Maybe you could find something on those lists? The lists can be seen at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets). The lists also contain troubleshooting tips for solving possible connection and activation problems.

If you happen to test a model that is not on the lists, we would appreciate if you reported your test results on the threads. The list will be updated and expanded according to the reports of other people testing their devices, thus helping more and more people find an appropriate device for them and avoid the ones that don't work.

Good luck in your search, I hope you find a model that works perfectly for you!
2023-1-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

By the way, what was the old Samsung model you tried to use to get the camera activated?
2023-1-12
Use props
PocketToo
lvl.1

United States

Yesterday I tried once more to make the Mimo app work with two Samsung phones. One phone is a Samsung S8 with Android 9.0, and the other phone is a Samsung SM-J727V with Android 8.1. I tried downloading at both 2.5 and 5.1 Mhz  wifi,  and also using cell data. It usually asks for permission to install, but at the end it always says simply failed. Funny how there are so many basic and even sketchy apps out there that will install on your phone with no difficulty at all. But this big and successful drone company cant make an app that works with their expensive products. Go figure.
2023-1-12
Use props
PocketToo
lvl.1

United States

Captain. believe me, I have pored over your lists of tablets and phones. What seems to be missing are the current compatibilities. For instance, Samsung is now only selling the S22 phone, and the iPad tablets are  now System 9. Iphone seems to be the only products up to date. But I do appreciate your list and I will let you know what works if I get there.
2023-1-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

PocketToo Posted at 1-12 06:42
Captain. believe me, I have pored over your lists of tablets and phones. What seems to be missing are the current compatibilities. For instance, Samsung is now only selling the S22 phone, and the iPad tablets are  now System 9. Iphone seems to be the only products up to date. But I do appreciate your list and I will let you know what works if I get there.

I believe you, I just mentioned the lists in case you hadn't encountered them yet.

Also, thank you for providing information about the devices you have already tested. I hope you find one that works and it is easy for me to see why you are frustrated about this, I had the very same problem the first time I got my own Pocket 2. Hence why I created the list.

I know the list isn't perfect and it will be updated every once in a while when I get to test new devices or hear reports of others. It's been a while since I originally started gathering the list, and I haven't got too many chances to get new devices to test it, but will do it when I have the possibility to do so.

Anyhow, thank you for your co-operation and best wishes for your search of finding a compatible device!
2023-1-13
Use props
djiuser_8aXlFBRJGLb0
New
Uruguay

Hello. I have a similar issue with Mimo and DJI pocket 2 on my iPhone 13 with iOS 16.5.1(c) and the latest pocket 2 firmware. When connecting it to Mimo app through Lightning, the app finds the pocket 2, connects it but after minutes it lost connection. It happens many times when using pocket 2 with mimo app and connected iPhone. Any ideas? Thanks
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8aXlFBRJGLb0 Posted at 7-25 15:52
Hello. I have a similar issue with Mimo and DJI pocket 2 on my iPhone 13 with iOS 16.5.1(c) and the latest pocket 2 firmware. When connecting it to Mimo app through Lightning, the app finds the pocket 2, connects it but after minutes it lost connection. It happens many times when using pocket 2 with mimo app and connected iPhone. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi there. Sorry about the experience. iPhone 13 should be compatible with the Mimo app. Will you be able to post the video of the operation for us to help you further? You can save it to your Google Drive or YouTube then paste the link here. We will wait for your reply. have a great day ahead.
2023-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules