11225 11 2023-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CharlyP
New
Flight distance : 2658930 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if you need to have goggles to use the DJI FPV controller 2 with all simulators? I'd like to buy the controller 2 before purchasing the Avata & goggles so I can get some practice in and I can't seem to find any information on using a simulator without the goggles.

I know you can do that with other controllers than aren't DJI so I just wanted to see if anyone has any info on this.

If it's possible, which apps are they? I use MAC.

Thanks!
2023-1-11
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can't use the DJI simulator without the goggles. But you can use other simulators (Velocidrone, other via Steam) without the goggles. And as I don't like the DJI sim at all I'd just get another one and skip the DJI one.
2023-1-11
Use props
CharlyP
New
Flight distance : 2658930 ft
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 1-11 10:06
You can't use the DJI simulator without the goggles. But you can use other simulators (Velocidrone, other via Steam) without the goggles. And as I don't like the DJI sim at all I'd just get another one and skip the DJI one.

Exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you.

Do let me know if there are others sims you also recommend as well as Velocidrone.
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Virtual Flight simulator mobile device version requires the DJI FPV Goggles to be connected to the app to use the simulator. While the DJI FPV Virtual Flight simulator for PC only needs the remote controller to be connected for you to use it. You may download the software using the link below. Hope this helps. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads
2023-1-11
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

CharlyP Posted at 1-11 10:41

Do let me know if there are others sims you also recommend as well as Velocidrone.

There's lift off but I never tried it. It's a bit like Ford Mustang and Chevy Camaro with Velocidrone and Lift off I guess. There might be free trial versions...

Okay, and Paladin just seems to have solved your problem - didn't know the PC version didn't need the goggles... No Mac though. All my tests were on a Mac...
2023-1-11
Use props
Vexden
New

United States

You do not need goggles or a drone for the controller to work.  Here is what I posted in another thread.

So after a few good hours of searching, I found the answer.  I hope this post will help others since DJI Support not only didn't understand what I was trying to do, but played ignorant and sent my case to pro support.

The only way to get the controller to work is to activate it and bind it to your DJI account that you create online.   There is a lot of misinformation out there that states you NEED a drone to do this, but you do not.

What you have to do first is make sure you download the CORRECT software (which was my main issue).  This software is called DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)  Google it and it will go directly to the correct link.   

Then once installed open it, and then power on the controller  (Quick press of power, >release<, press and hold power until it powers on)

The software should now show that it is connected, from there you must activate it, then update the firmware.

if for some reason some of this doesn't work, try and disabling the two items under device manager in windows (Do not uninstall them, just disable)  HS-Data Channel and MA Channel

I am now able to use the controller in any game that is installed so I can practice.  

Hope this helps!
2023-1-26
Use props
djiuser_pmJzdZydW7Ju
lvl.2

United States

I’m using a MacBook Air right now. Is DJI FpV flight sim only compatible with PC?  I’m basically trying to gain some experience with the avata in manual mode before I take it to the streets and ruin it haha. Any help with a mac based comparable Fpv flight sim would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
2023-4-1
Use props
JMC667
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263064 ft
United States

I have an Air 2s and will be ordering a DJI FPV controller 2 to use with Virtual Flight and Uncrashed. My question is I don't really want to fly manual FPV, I just want to practice with a controller. Can I use Normal or Sport mode in the simulators?
2023-9-14
Use props
djiuser_FlrBvbb2QkyB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68675 ft
Netherlands

That is not true, I'm using it without goggles..  Just plug in with the USB cable and you can play...
1-16 15:18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_FlrBvbb2QkyB Posted at 1-16 15:18
That is not true, I'm using it without goggles..  Just plug in with the USB cable and you can play...

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You can use the simulator without the goggles if you are using the Mobile version after selecting "Smartphone" under the control method. If you are using the PC version, make sure to use a compatible remote controller as the DJI Virtual Flight PC does not support Goggles.
1-16 19:31
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

CharlyP Posted at 2023-1-11 10:41

Go for Liftoff, it’s got the DJI FPV in there, you’ll also find someone’s tweaked the FPV to better mimic the drone irl.
1-17 04:14
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

JMC667 Posted at 2023-9-14 00:43
I have an Air 2s and will be ordering a DJI FPV controller 2 to use with Virtual Flight and Uncrashed. My question is I don't really want to fly manual FPV, I just want to practice with a controller. Can I use Normal or Sport mode in the simulators?

Yes. I only have Liftoff and fly in N and S modes.
1-17 04:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules