How to change heading for oblique mission?
1111 1 2023-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OhioDronePerson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 306552 ft
United States

Hello,

My company just got a new M300RTK and I'm trying to lay out the flight missions for next week in Pilot 2.  I don't want to use the smart oblique feature because it would cause me to fly over an interstate highway for several minutes, so I'm trying to make single missions for the obliques.  My problem is I can't see anywhere to input the drone heading so I can capture at 0, 90, 180 and 270.  Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
2023-1-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,

In Oblique mode, you are right, the application will automatically generate 5 flight plans. North South East West and Center. But you can change the angle in the setting menu.
-> Course Angle
ObliqueAngle.png

Another method, (To my knowledge, this one works only with P1) create a Mapping flight plan instead of Oblique, check the Smart oblique option and choose your angle. Then you can do the same thing for the other heading, add 90 degrees.  

The camera swaps its orientation during the flight between 45 and 90 degrees to make a semblance of oblique (in only 1 flight plan instead of 5 if you decide to do it on one heading).
Attention! it is a little different from the pure oblique mode. But in principle it works well too.

It all depends on the result you want to achieve.

Good luck

2023-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules