No connection
1995 10 2023-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jwmontie
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I was suckered, I thought the Osmo 3 would be better than the GoPro I had. At least the GoPro will connect to my phone. At least I can find firmware updates on the GoPro website. At least GoPro doesn't limit me to 7 tries to register. At least GoPro works, except for the overheating and the short battery life. If you can't tell I'm not happy with the Osmo 3 or DJI. Can anyone link the latest firmware? I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 and it will not connect, doesn't even show up on the Mimo device search. I've tried airplane mode turning off and on Bluetooth and Wifi. DJI makes some good stuff IF YOU CAN REGISTER IT AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO CONNECT DJI.
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Jwmontie. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry you are going through this issue. In addition to the troubleshooting steps you have performed, here are the other recommendations you may try:
1. Ensure that the DJI Mimo App is the latest version. You may try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
2. Reset the connection of the Osmo Action 3. Go to System Settings - Wireless Connection, and reset the connection (Reset all connections and Wi-Fi passwords).
3. Set your Wi-Fi Frequency to Auto. Go to Settings - Wireless Connection - Wi-Fi Frequency.
4. Connect the camera to the mobile phone manually. On the camera, go to Settings - Wireless Connection - Wireless Information and stay on the page, as shown below:

5. Open the mobile phone Settings>Wi-Fi List and connect to the Wi-Fi signal started with Osmo Action.
Note: If the mobile phone supports WLAN+/WLAN Assistant, disable the WLAN+/WLAN Assistant to prevent the mobile phone system from switching to Wi-Fi automatically.
6. Manually modify the IP address.
Steps in modifying the IP address:
a. Set the IP to DHCP (dynamic) and input 192.168.2.100 in the IP address column. Then, try again.
b. If the issue persists, switch it to a static IP to reconnect and retry.
c. Switch to DHCP (dynamic) and then input the IP. Reconnect to it.
7. Relaunch the DJI Mimo App and try to reconnect.
Once the action camera is connected to the app, a prompt to update the firmware will appear if available. Kindly keep us posted. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-11
Use props
Jwmontie
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-11 20:40
Hi, Jwmontie. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry you are going through this issue. In addition to the troubleshooting steps you have performed, here are the other recommendations you may try:
1. Ensure that the DJI Mimo App is the latest version. You may try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
2. Reset the connection of the Osmo Action 3. Go to System Settings - Wireless Connection, and reset the connection (Reset all connections and Wi-Fi passwords).

Still didn't work, it really frustrating, it looks like it would be a good camera.
2023-1-12
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the end, I had to install Mimo onto an IPad. Some phones just won’t work with it.
2023-1-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI no longer posts Firmware to the  camera. that would have been found: with some difficulty but here is hte area for the Osmo Action 3  
https://www.dji.com/osmo-action-3/downloads Firmware was available and still for the 1st gen  https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/osmo-action

For loading firmware to the camera, it is only  with the Mimo App and if you follow these steps the firmware will show on the connection of the camera at Livefeed

If you have used all 7 tries, @DJI Tony is that the way  @Jwmontie gets back to the first try, and is the camera Locked?   can you take a photo shoot of the screen so the  staff can better understand that you can not get past anything to get to the cog to get to the wireless reset that they are  directing to
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jwmontie Posted at 1-12 03:58
Still didn't work, it really frustrating, it looks like it would be a good camera.

We're sorry to read that the issue remains. We need to gather more details to further investigate. We sent you a PM. Kindly check whenever you're available. Thank you.
2023-1-12
Use props
Jwmontie
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I got it figured out. I am using an Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. My son found a thread about issues with a recent update on the phone interferring with the camera. I downloaded the app to my IPad Pro and was able to pair the camera. Once I had the camera paired i was able to update the camera firmware. Once the firmware was updated I was able to pair it with my Samsung phone. I already had the return label printed and was going to return it to Amazon.
2023-1-13
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Samsung is the worst phones to use with most DJI products, always problems. That's why I bought a brand that was supported with no complains from people (Huawei P30 Lite).
2023-1-13
Use props
Sonia Shsp
New

Indonesia

I use DJI Osmo pocket 3, which cannot connect to mimo apps 1. I have changed the WiFi network from 5 to 2 and vice versa 2. I have reset my device to factory settings. 3. I have reset the WiFi 4. I have reinstalled the mimo application 5. I have updated the firmware 7. I have tried connecting in different locations
3-26 15:45
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Sonia Shsp Posted at 3-26 15:45
I use DJI Osmo pocket 3, which cannot connect to mimo apps 1. I have changed the WiFi network from 5 to 2 and vice versa 2. I have reset my device to factory settings. 3. I have reset the WiFi 4. I have reinstalled the mimo application 5. I have updated the firmware 7. I have tried connecting in different locations

This is the Osmo Action 3 forum not the Pocket 3.
3-26 17:09
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sonia Shsp Posted at 3-26 15:45

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please check if the Wi-Fi SSID of the Pocket 3 is not available in the mobile phone’s Wi-Fi list?
Please also check the Wi-Fi frequency band supported in your location and the mobile device model being used (some mobile phones only support the 2.4 GHz frequency band. The 5.8 GHz frequency band is not supported in countries such as Japan, Israel, etc.)
Try again after switching the product’s Wi-Fi frequency band as follows:
Swipe down → Settings → Wireless Connection → Wi-Fi Frequency → 2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz.
If the issue persists after the abovementioned methods have all been tried, it is recommended to conduct cross-tests with another mobile phone. Try to check the Wi-Fi list of another mobile phone for the product’s Wi-Fi SSID. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your patience.
3-26 22:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules