2509 8 2023-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alvisesus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 110663 ft
Italy

Hi,

I've bought a Mavic 3E for photogrammetry, especially to scan areas of kart tracks and roads, to build 3D models to bring to sim racing softwares. Since I need really high quality and detailed textures, I'd like to fly really low, like 5-8m from the ground. I've seen that the minimum altitude on DJI Pilot 2 tasks is always 12meters, is there a reason for that? Is there a way to lower that altitude without using the "relative altitude" hack? At 12meters the textures are a bit blurry and aren't as detailed as I like to (I'd like to have a GSD of 0.25 or lower).

Thanks
2023-1-12
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

You could try another mission planner :-) UGCS or ...
2023-1-12
Use props
alvisesus
lvl.2
Italy

Arnor Posted at 1-12 04:46
You could try another mission planner :-) UGCS or ...

ah ok thank you, UGCS or?
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Thanks for your inquiry.
In the case of Mapping, Oblique, and Linear Flight Missions, in order to ensure the safety of the autonomous flight of the drone and ensure the overlap ratio when the take photos, the height is not allowed to be set too low. If you want to fly at a relatively low altitude, you can choose to fly at the Waypoint (set timing or range to take photos) or fly manually.
2023-1-13
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

alvisesus Posted at 1-12 05:25
ah ok thank you, UGCS or?

Maybe try Dronedeploy or Pix4D Capture/Scan
2023-1-13
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pix4D capture is dead software, unsupported by Pix4D. And the altitude minimum is 10 m AGL.

DD min alt is 9 m AGL
2023-1-13
Use props
alvisesus
lvl.2
Italy

patiam Posted at 1-13 07:41
Pix4D capture is dead software, unsupported by Pix4D. And the altitude minimum is 10 m AGL.

DD min alt is 9 m AGL

dronelink.com has issues with the Mavic 3E, The only one valid seems UgCS which I tried today but it tried to send my drone below the ground, probably a misconfiguration.
Ah... is it possible that the slowest speed I can set is 1m/s?
2023-1-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

alvisesus Posted at 1-13 07:58
dronelink.com has issues with the Mavic 3E, The only one valid seems UgCS which I tried today but it tried to send my drone below the ground, probably a misconfiguration.
Ah... is it possible that the slowest speed I can set is 1m/s?

It's amazing to open 4 threads to ask +/- the same question. Why not.
Mavic 3E and Pilot 2 Oblique mapping | DJI FORUM
DJI Pilot 2,difference between Oblique and Smart Oblique? | DJI FORUM
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 070&pid=2955085

You risk being extremely disappointed with the result of your flight which will last more than 5 hours. I also do this kind of work, not with kart tracks but it doesn't change anything.
The best is to use the drone to get a clean DTM. Then you have to dress this DTM with objects to place for 3D environment. The buildings I take pictures of them on the ground with a camera, and the pictures of the roof I take them with the drone. Then with sketchup it's quite easy to get something beautiful.

Because the same with a GSD of 0.25cm, you will have nice textures, maybe. But what is certain is that the rendering of the vegetation will be disgusting. The corners of the buildings, especially the lower part of the roofs will disappear.

You do what you want, but I strongly recommend you do a quick flight well done, 80-70 @50AGL. Then you take photos of the buildings from all angles, manually.

You can use the orthophoto to place the vegetation in the right place.

I don't remember that it is possible to choose less than 1m/s.

Good luck. Share with us images of the final render when it's done.
2023-1-13
Use props
alvisesus
lvl.2
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-13 08:18
It's amazing to open 4 threads to ask +/- the same question. Why not.
Mavic 3E and Pilot 2 Oblique mapping | DJI FORUM
DJI Pilot 2,difference between Oblique and Smart Oblique? | DJI FORUM

Hey, thanks for sharing your workflow, I'm obviously open to revise mine... I'm just experimenting and see what fit best. In my case is not about vegetations, it more about road textures. Hopefully the sorrounding will be quite flat. I've also bought a sony a7 to create other assets which are easy to scan from the ground.

About the three topics, I've seen it's better to create pin point thread to a single question, instead of posting a series of question in one thread that could get easily overlooked.

I'll share an update as soon as I have some good results
2023-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules