743 0 2023-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vierbi96
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100062 ft
Switzerland

Hey there

I am new in the drone business and i am trying to create some video footage. I use DaVinci Resolve Studio (paid version) and it is a fairly complex program. I am a hobby photographer and quite familiar with photography but not really with cinematography. My drone footage is taken with a Mavic 3 in HLG mode in 4K and 120 fps for maximum quality as recommended in many forums like this here. Now to my question: In DaVinci you have the option 'color management' (see the screen shot) and you have many options for Input color space, timeline color space and so on. Unfortunately i don't really know which one to use.. i watched a few videos online but none of the is really clear. What is the best option to choose? Which color space do ou recommend? In the screen shot you see my current choice. The REC.2100 HLG (scene) is very flat if you take it out of dronewhich is normal for HLG i think. But i am not sure whoch color spaces i should use. Does it depend on the weather conditions or something? Because if i change the input color space in the color grading mode in DaVinci, the footage looks completely different. Sometimes even more flat or sometimes even pretty well graded.

Could you maybe help whcih one to choose?

Thank you very much.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 191004.png
2023-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules