12Next >
3733 66 2023-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank M
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

WTF!!!!!!  I was getting ready to fly a real estate job today and got a "Not Logged In" message that crippled the drone.  I use the RC Pro Controller and was unable to log in due to being in an area with no service or Wi-Fi.  This is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!!  Thankfully, I had my reliable Yuneec Typhoon hexacopter so I was able to shoot most of the job.  I've flown the Mavic 3 on several jobs since I bought it and have not had any problem.  I've been flying DJI drones for 7 years and have never run into an issue like this.  Why do I have to be logged in anywhere to fly the drone!  That's f...n absurd!  DJI, you have lost a very loyal customer.  I will never buy another DJI drone if this issue is not addressed.  Why did it even happen?!!  The Mavic 3 is a useless paperweight if I can't count on it on a job.

2023-1-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well rather than blowing a fuse, I would do a check boot of the controller before you leave a wifi area or perhaps just boot the App.
I believe there is an automatic log out if the app hasn't been used in a while.
Could you possibly have logged out?
If you are going to swear, don't bother replying.
2023-1-12
Use props
jezz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422969 ft
United States

That same thing happened to me once. I was about 2 hours drive out in the desert and got that error. I could only fly the drone a very,very short distance and it would stop. Of course there was no cell phone reception out where I was so I had to drive around for a bit to find a "spot" I could get a bar on my phone to "log in". I was pretty livid at the time. I always have my Fimi drone with me also as I never know what wrench DJI is gonna throw in the flight plan.
2023-1-12
Use props
jezz
lvl.4
United States

I'm pretty sure the error I experienced was from DJI's auto log out. At the time I was unaware they did that and the error on my app ONLY appeared when I hit the limit of it's flight. It NEVER appeared at home with just a power up and connection check before I took it out the next day. Go figure
2023-1-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

wow, another yuneec employee trying to discredit the dji drone by blowing up a non-issue; pretending this situation is costing drone pilots valuable time and jobs and money by being unable to fly properly wherever if you are logged it and didn't know it until you arrived at the job far far away from any wifi internet and not even a phone with a hotspot.  a professional has a "checklist."

and on top of that, trying to claim you are leaving over "this" after being loyal for 7 years sounds a little bit disingenuous to me.  "this" not geo, is what broken the straw?  if you hate the dji and drone so much, why come here and bad-mouth it instead of posting it for sale in the classified section?

as far as i know, dji has no plans to permit all of their drone flyers to fully log out and never log back in ever again; so i guess you no longer have to depend on this "paperweight" to get the job done.  
2023-1-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why did it even happen?!!
Did you have a recent app update?
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Frank M. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please note that the DJI Fly App automatically logs out an account after three months, and a re-login is required. This is normal behavior, and it's mainly for security purposes. We recommend you log in to your account from time to time or regularly to avoid such an experience in the future. We appreciate your understanding and support. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-1-12
Use props
webfreak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

So funny, I was making a video of three DJI Drones recently and was reviewing my DJI Pro Remote live in the video and powered it on. It logged me out during the video.  My password is hashed so I couldn't just login.  I've only had the remote for 2 weeks and the battery never died.  I used it 2 nights prior and was ok, but then randomly logged out.
Watch as I pick up the controller, vouch for it, then it logs me out. Ouch!
Skip to 36:30 in the video

2023-1-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I will buy your useless paperweight drone for 100 bucks   deal ?
2023-1-13
Use props
Frank M
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-12 22:57
Hi, Frank M. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please note that the DJI Fly App automatically logs out an account after three months, and a re-login is required. This is normal behavior, and it's mainly for security purposes. We recommend you log in to your account from time to time or regularly to avoid such an experience in the future. We appreciate your understanding and support. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.

DJI Tony...Thanks for your reply.  But turning the $3600 machine into a useless brick on the job site is simply not acceptable.  I have not even owned it for 3 months, so your claim of an automatic logout after 3 months is not accurate.  And there was no firmware update since the last use.  There is nothing in any of the Mavic 3 descriptions or manuals about auto-logout.  Security?  Please explain the reasoning behind that.  I've been flying RC aircraft for 25 years and have been FAA certified for 6 years and had never run into anything like an auto logout that crippled an aircraft.

At the very least, there needs to be a warning in the app 30 days or so ahead of the date when the drone will be rendered useless for inexplicable "security reasons."  The Mavic 3 has been used numerous times since I bought it.  Since I started using the Yuneec Typhoon series a few years ago, the DJI drones have been relegated to backups.  But the Mavic 3 had features that made it much more useful in my work so it has been my go-to aircraft for certain automated flight patterns.

And yes, the auto-logout definitely cost me time AND money yesterday.  It is not a non-issue as one person claimed.  I spent 30 minutes trying, in vain, to figure out a way around it.  Consequently, I lost the best lighting on a 2000-foot sandstone cliff behind the house.  I was beyond livid.

Now that I've been made aware of the auto-logout absurdity, I will add that to my pre-departure check list.  A high percentage of my jobs are in areas with no cellular signal.  I still cannot understand the necessity to be logged into my DJI account when flying.  I run a drone team for a local rescue organization and we have been using the Mavic 2 Enterprise for almost 4 years.  I had recommended that we update to the new Mavic 3T this year, but have now withdrawn that recommendation.  We will be looking at options from other manufacturers.
2023-1-13
Use props
webfreak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Frank M Posted at 1-13 08:34
DJI Tony...Thanks for your reply.  But turning the $3600 machine into a useless brick on the job site is simply not acceptable.  I have not even owned it for 3 months, so your claim of an automatic logout after 3 months is not accurate.  And there was no firmware update since the last use.  There is nothing in any of the Mavic 3 descriptions or manuals about auto-logout.  Security?  Please explain the reasoning behind that.  I've been flying RC aircraft for 25 years and have been FAA certified for 6 years and had never run into anything like an auto logout that crippled an aircraft.

At the very least, there needs to be a warning in the app 30 days or so ahead of the date when the drone will be rendered useless for inexplicable "security reasons."  The Mavic 3 has been used numerous times since I bought it.  Since I started using the Yuneec Typhoon series a few years ago, the DJI drones have been relegated to backups.  But the Mavic 3 had features that made it much more useful in my work so it has been my go-to aircraft for certain automated flight patterns.

Frank, that's not funny (my comment above) it was more saying "Funny" that DJI Tony was saying 90 Days yet I experienced exactly what you did but live on video as I was trying to talk about the remote.  Can't deny that one DJI.

I do remember the day that I did my review all hell was breaking loose in the cloud and the FAA NOTAM system was down and etc, so there's a potential DJI had a major cloud reset or something, but that would not affect your device if you weren't in cell location to get the signal to reset -- possibly a security breach in the cloud and they had to reset all their login tokens (I'm a software engineer and see this happen a lot).  

The glitch or whatever seem to affect both of us nearly at the same time, so... coincidence? I don't know, but very odd.  I feel your pain on missing the shot.  Don't even try the Avata without having a phone cable and phone connected to launch DJI Fly and using Remote ID.  I've been on a location 10 miles away on my bike and realized I left my iphone cable behind. I was so remote it wasn't worth going to buy one really quick because the light was getting low and you can't see anything in the avata at night.

Good luck!
2023-1-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Tony...Thanks for your reply.  But turning the $3600 machine into a useless brick on the job site is simply not acceptable.  I have not even owned it for 3 months, so your claim of an automatic logout after 3 months is not accurate.  And there was no firmware update since the last use.  There is nothing in any of the Mavic 3 descriptions or manuals about auto-logout.  Security?  Please explain the reasoning behind that.  I've been flying RC aircraft for 25 years and have been FAA certified for 6 years and had never run into anything like an auto logout that crippled an aircraft.

It’s unlikely You’ll get anything better and it sounds drastic considering being signed into the app is a thing now for over 5 years.
It happened to me also and I missed some important footage and photos as a result. There are very few places on this earth now that Wi-Fi is not accessible and more strange the likelihood hood of no signal at a real estate location seems very strange. Selling real estate without internet signal is a tough sell these days.
It is an anomaly but a real one that we have to get used too and I’m sure the day is coming that this will be the same for all drone manufacturers.
2023-1-13
Use props
Frank M
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-13 10:04
It’s unlikely You’ll get anything better and it sounds drastic considering being signed into the app is a thing now for over 5 years.
It happened to me also and I missed some important footage and photos as a result. There are very few places on this earth now that Wi-Fi is not accessible and more strange the likelihood hood of no signal at a real estate location seems very strange. Selling real estate without internet signal is a tough sell these days.
It is an anomaly but a real one that we have to get used too and I’m sure the day is coming that this will be the same for all drone manufacturers.

Thankfully, there are countless locations on this earth without cellular or internet access.  I live in the canyonlands of remote SE Utah, near Arches and Canyonlands National Parks.  This area is notorious for lack of cell signals.  We tell visitors to never rely on their cell phones in the backcountry, but to carry satellite communicators like inReach.  I've been in the photography business for 47 years and have been doing high-end real estate photography exclusively for at least 5 years.  I'm usually alone at the properties I shoot (and very often with no cell signal), so I have no way to connect to the property owner's network.  Asking the property owner for their password ahead of time is simply not an option, for obvious reasons.  And I rarely have time at a shoot to deal with DJI's absurd requirement.  I tried yesterday to connect to my Jeep's Wi-Fi, but there was no signal.  I have no cell service at my home either.  Until last year, my only internet access was a sub-1Mbps DSL connection from Frontier.  But I now have Starlink.  Requiring a connection to DJI is not acceptable.  We have not run into that issue with our almost 4-year-old Mavic 2 Enterprise.
2023-1-13
Use props
jezz
lvl.4
United States

Hi Frank, I'm in Northern Utah but in the summers spend quite a bit of time in the Robber's Roost area .  Better not be a "greenhorn or city slicker" if a person is traversing that back country and need to be well prepared. Same as the great western desert up north here, one mistake can be your last. No such things as cell signals,waterholes or help if you need it. Take care
2023-1-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Frank M Posted at 1-13 10:42
Thankfully, there are countless locations on this earth without cellular or internet access.  I live in the canyonlands of remote SE Utah, near Arches and Canyonlands National Parks.  This area is notorious for lack of cell signals.  We tell visitors to never rely on their cell phones in the backcountry, but to carry satellite communicators like inReach.  I've been in the photography business for 47 years and have been doing high-end real estate photography exclusively for at least 5 years.  I'm usually alone at the properties I shoot (and very often with no cell signal), so I have no way to connect to the property owner's network.  Asking the property owner for their password ahead of time is simply not an option, for obvious reasons.  And I rarely have time at a shoot to deal with DJI's absurd requirement.  I tried yesterday to connect to my Jeep's Wi-Fi, but there was no signal.  I have no cell service at my home either.  Until last year, my only internet access was a sub-1Mbps DSL connection from Frontier.  But I now have Starlink.  Requiring a connection to DJI is not acceptable.  We have not run into that issue with our almost 4-year-old Mavic 2 Enterprise.

Again it’s tough. But considering you are fully aware that signal is likely to be a problem , you could say you its something that should always be I your pre preparation. User ID is here and coming and it will almost certainly be a requirement for all. Buying new equipment without future proofing could set you back a lot further than being caught for just one job.

But you have a point lack of communication by DJI is and has always been lacking to say the least.
2023-1-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

apologies certainly dont mean to minimize the negative impact to your job.  it's real to you and that's all that matters.  now that you are aware, hopefully you can mitigate (sounds like it's buggy).

not my call but if it were me, i would allow the user, who has previously logged in at least once, either one full flight or one hour to log back in....so at least you are not totally burned.  however, even for dji that's a risk which could mean thousands of hours of flights performed worldwide without having to log in.
2023-1-13
Use props
Frank M
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-13 11:05
Again it’s tough. But considering you are fully aware that signal is likely to be a problem , you could say you its something that should always be I your pre preparation. User ID is here and coming and it will almost certainly be a requirement for all. Buying new equipment without future proofing could set you back a lot further than being caught for just one job.

But you have a point lack of communication by DJI is and has always been lacking to say the least.

So how do I know that I won't be disconnected between the time I leave my office and arrive on a job site?  At the very least, there needs to be a notification within the app that says something like: Please log into your account by (insert date) to assure continued operation of your drone.  Or allow one or two flights before absurd flight limitations are imposed.  DJI has no right to essentially cripple a drone without any warning.  I guess 800-pound gorillas think they can do whatever they wish.  But even an 800-pound gorilla should be smart enough to figure an alternative to implementing the periodic log-in requirement other than shutting down a drone with no warning.
2023-1-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Frank M Posted at 1-13 11:39
So how do I know that I won't be disconnected between the time I leave my office and arrive on a job site?  At the very least, there needs to be a notification within the app that says something like: Please log into your account by (insert date) to assure continued operation of your drone.  Or allow one or two flights before absurd flight limitations are imposed.  DJI has no right to essentially cripple a drone without any warning.  I guess 800-pound gorillas think they can do whatever they wish.  But even an 800-pound gorilla should be smart enough to figure an alternative to implementing the periodic log-in requirement other than shutting down a drone with no warning.

I’m not sure what the alternative is, but it’s likely all drones will be required to be signed in before flying or they may be limited. Yes I agree a better failsafe should exist I’ve been flying with this for the last 5 years once I got caught out, so the odds are heavily stacked in your favour it shouldn’t happen too often.
2023-1-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony...Thanks for your reply.  But turning the $3600 machine into a useless brick on the job site is simply not acceptable.  I have not even owned it for 3 months, so your claim of an automatic logout after 3 months is not accurate.  And there was no firmware update since the last use.  There is nothing in any of the Mavic 3 descriptions or manuals about auto-logout.  Security?  Please explain the reasoning behind that.  I've been flying RC aircraft for 25 years and have been FAA certified for 6 years and had never run into anything like an auto logout that crippled an aircraft.

I have not even owned it for 3 months, so your claim of an automatic logout after 3 months is not accurate.
So the alleged 3 month logout wasn't the cause.

And there was no firmware update since the last use.
I specifically mentioned an update of your app because a firmware update shouldn't log you out of the app, but if you've allowed the app to auto-update, you could be logged out without realising it.
It's good policy to update things when and if you want to rather than being surprised when it can cause the most inconvenience.

2023-1-13
Use props
fansbc36da47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1695118 ft
United States

Having suffered repeatedly from the effects of unexpected auto log out, I'd really like if someone could explain the exact use case scenario where a 3 month log out makes anything more secure. What type of attack does this thwart and is it such a common attack that it offsets the inconvenience of auto log out? How about the auto log out after a firmware upgrade. This could easily be avoided. Why isn't it fixed?

My passwords are complex enough that I don't have them memorized. I don't store them on my device, and I don't carry them around on a piece of paper. Having to "test" login before leaving home each time is a completely ridiculous burden.
2023-5-30
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine doesn't log me out in three months.  Usually more like a week.  
2023-5-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansbc36da47 Posted at 5-30 04:20
Having suffered repeatedly from the effects of unexpected auto log out, I'd really like if someone could explain the exact use case scenario where a 3 month log out makes anything more secure. What type of attack does this thwart and is it such a common attack that it offsets the inconvenience of auto log out? How about the auto log out after a firmware upgrade. This could easily be avoided. Why isn't it fixed?

My passwords are complex enough that I don't have them memorized. I don't store them on my device, and I don't carry them around on a piece of paper. Having to "test" login before leaving home each time is a completely ridiculous burden.

this particular log out is not super important and doesn't protect highly confidential or sensitive materials.  it is advised that you perhaps make the password quite simple and easy to remember.
2023-5-30
Use props
fansbc36da47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1695118 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-30 07:08
this particular log out is not super important and doesn't protect highly confidential or sensitive materials.  it is advised that you perhaps make the password quite simple and easy to remember.

Not sure if you are just trolling or serious. Are you saying the 3 month logout is OK because,"security" but we should intentionally ignore real and effective security measures because DJI is doing security theater?

How about DJI never ever logs you out unless you hit the log out button. Problem solved.

2023-5-30
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-13 11:36
apologies certainly dont mean to minimize the negative impact to your job.  it's real to you and that's all that matters.  now that you are aware, hopefully you can mitigate (sounds like it's buggy).

not my call but if it were me, i would allow the user, who has previously logged in at least once, either one full flight or one hour to log back in....so at least you are not totally burned.  however, even for dji that's a risk which could mean thousands of hours of flights performed worldwide without having to log in.

I'm glad you replied with this because I was about ready to read you the riot act on your intital reply to the OP. Some of us work in very remote areas for months at a time, on scientific projects, on environmental documentaries and while we could go through the hassle of tying to use a sat phone to create a hotspot, we should damn well not have to!

In NO way, shape or form does this "improve flight safety" and in the case of SAR ops, it could cost someone their life if it were to glitch a log out.

My Mavic 3 Cine and Mavic 3 Pro are flagship drones in the foldable category, I consider them professional tools, I play by the rules that the FAA and other country's airspace entities mandate. This is NOT DJI's place to do this, period.  
2023-5-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KS-6 Posted at 5-30 13:26
I'm glad you replied with this because I was about ready to read you the riot act on this. Some of us work in very remote areas for months at a time, on scientific projects, on environmental documentaries and while we could go through the hassle of tying to use a sat phone to create a hotspot, we should damn well not have to!

In NO way, shape or form does this "improve flight safety" and in the case of SAR ops, it could cost someone their life if it were to glitch a log out.

for sure and i have since learned alot about this unique situation over the months.  ultimately i think we need more clarification (from dji) about how this is intended to work so the pilot can prepare and plan accordingly.  like a couple of other "features" they offers, the implementation could use some work.
2023-5-30
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-30 13:31
for sure and i have since learned alot about this unique situation over the months.  ultimately i think we need more clarification (from dji) about how this is intended to work so the pilot can prepare and plan accordingly.  like a couple of other "features" they offers, the implementation could use some work.

The only solution for me is to either use the regular RC with less flight control features and range and or bring my Autel EVOII Enterprise on a project I have planned in Greenland later this year.

It's absolutely insane they would do this given how many Mavic 3 promotional videos and stills feature remote locations, including my friend Paul Nicklen's work in the arctic.
2023-5-30
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KS-6 Posted at 5-30 13:38
The only solution for me is to either use the regular RC with less flight control features and range and or bring my Autel EVOII Enterprise on a project I have planned in Greenland later this year.

It's absolutely insane they would do this given how many Mavic 3 promotional videos and stills feature remote locations, including my friend Paul Nicklen's work in the arctic.

It’s becoming a real big brother issue. DJI have no problem sending users notifications advertising their products, so why can’t they send notifications if they are auto signing people out. This is a new issue and one they sneakily applied without informing anyone. It’s not a 3 monthly thing its not a monthly thing as they are now saying its random and without explanation.
2023-5-30
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

Happened to me too. This is a minus in my rating for DJI! And no one can convince me otherwise. For me, the debate is over!
2023-5-31
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Same here. Remote location, zero GSM, drone used one day before...
Guess what... LOGOUT.
Had to drive back 15 km to reach GSM again in order to Login.

I do not get it how this is a security issue needed to be solved by logging out... If you are right, DJI, just put a simple alphanumeric Password at opening the RC, if is OK will keep Logged, if is wrong for 3 times make Logout...

Is that simple to work it out, not needed to be such no-brain action.
2023-5-31
Use props
abercrombie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1572543 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just adding that I had the same issue.  Went down to Mexico for an event, tested the drone the day prior and everything was great.  Day of the event, tried to fly and I was logged out.  So frustrating, ended up not being able to use it during the event itself.  
2023-5-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just wondering if anything in the app or in the files it creates, records login and logout timestamps and 'reasons'?
After all quite a few websites tell people when they last logged in.

I have been inexplicably logged out of the App myself but obviously I don't know whether they were automated logouts or something I had done.
That said I have the vague recollection that with one other 'set' of logouts I had logged out of the App on one phone and may have been logged out of the Apps on my other phones BUT I am not certain my recollection is correct.

Could there be a connection between log outs and the length of time since the 'phone'/App was 'connected to the internet' i.e. the 'phone's' wifi being switched off etc.?

2023-6-1
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Today’s episode of “Need to fly? Tough luck!”

While 40 minutes from cell service I was just about to start aerials of fly fisherman for a major magazine and I got the message again. I had to use a sat communicator to reach a friend  who happened to live 10 miles away so I could get his Wi-Fi password, drive over, log in and then drive back to start the shoot.

I ended up buying the 6 fly fisherman lunch because of this. So DJI, care to pickup a $230 lunch tab for me since you can’t stop the babysitting BS?

Or better yet, find another method to “Improve Flight Safety” than crippling the tools we use to do our jobs.

The Cine and regular RC goes with me for backup tomorrow, I have about had it with this BS.
2023-6-3
Use props
Hedgie
New

Australia

I have been caught out by this a few times until I worked it out. After being logged out for a second time looked up the forums and observed a DJI reply that you must log in every 3 months. Stupid me believed them and got caught again. Keeping accurate records it logs out every month. So in Australia getting wifi in the bush is next to impossible and as we are often working in remote areas it is impossible to always being able to log in every month. We do have communication systems but you can't log in over a VHF radio. Every 3 months I could work with but monthly is just unreasonable. It is really frustrating when such a good bit of kit turns into a brick all the time.
2023-7-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hedgie Posted at 7-20 00:42
I have been caught out by this a few times until I worked it out. After being logged out for a second time looked up the forums and observed a DJI reply that you must log in every 3 months. Stupid me believed them and got caught again. Keeping accurate records it logs out every month. So in Australia getting wifi in the bush is next to impossible and as we are often working in remote areas it is impossible to always being able to log in every month. We do have communication systems but you can't log in over a VHF radio. Every 3 months I could work with but monthly is just unreasonable. It is really frustrating when such a good bit of kit turns into a brick all the time.

That makes me wonder.
Does Android and/or IOS keep, independent of the Apps used, logs of when we log into an App? I do not mean store the log in details, rather I DO mean the act of logging in.
Failing that I suppose we need to start keeping a record of when we were required to log in and perhaps the last time the app was used on that particular screen device.
Flight logs, either the txt ones or, if we do not fly, the DAT's, would do the latter and, from a quick experiment it seems that the App can see not-logged-in flights, which came as a bit of a surprise..
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that if you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. It is a great practice to connect to a network or mobile hotspot before going to a remote location to ensure that there is no re-login required. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a nice day.
2023-7-21
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27719574 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-12 18:15
Well rather than blowing a fuse, I would do a check boot of the controller before you leave a wifi area.
I believe there is an automatic log out if the app hasn't been used in a while.
Could you possibly have logged out?

I am really getting sick of reading comments from corporate apologists for this problem. What you should be asking is WHY does the controller need to be logged into the aircraft at all to fly?! There is no rational reason, imagine if such a random thing was introduced for any number of other pro products. This situation is simply not acceptable for professionals with paid clients. "Automatic log out if the app hasn't been used in a while" This is simply not true as I have had it happen twice in a week. Paid jobs and totally random operation don't work.
2023-7-22
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-21 20:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that if you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. It is a great practice to connect to a network or mobile hotspot before going to a remote location to ensure that there is no re-login required. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a nice day.

Paladin, I am sorry but this is simply not true, the account log out is totally random. I have had it happen twice within a week.
2023-7-22
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

As I have said to DJI Paladin, I neither believe the 3 month OR the 1 month login requirement. I have had it happen twice in a week. Just got back from a huge broadcast job in the Gulf of Carpentaria where it happened again just days ago.
2023-7-22
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

KS-6 Posted at 6-3 23:03
Today’s episode of “Need to fly? Tough luck!”

While 40 minutes from cell service I was just about to start aerials of fly fisherman for a major magazine and I got the message again. I had to use a sat communicator to reach a friend  who happened to live 10 miles away so I could get his Wi-Fi password, drive over, log in and then drive back to start the shoot.

Exactly! It's outrageous corporate behaviour when your living depends on your "tool" of trade working every single time you need it.
2023-7-22
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Tom_765 Posted at 5-30 06:40
Mine doesn't log me out in three months.  Usually more like a week.

exactly Tom
2023-7-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules