MAX read/write speeds for aircraft and RC
629 4 2023-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Basstracks
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

This is my first post! To get the best bang your buck. I've been searching for the a target min/max speed of the sd readers. I've looking throughly through the manual and a few forum posts for the 3E yet I havent been able to find an exact answer.

The phantom's specs details entail:

while the mavic 3 enterprise only states a minium baseline:

I know there is an ROI when higher speeds are able to be harnessed when doing mass/large raw data transfering via hardwire. However what is the speeds do you have diminishing returns on higher speeds for both aircraft and controller?

would a combo of A1(quality) SDXC formated to exFAT for the Aircraft while A2(Cache) SDHC to FAT32 for the controller would offer the least amount of degradation of speeds?  

2023-1-12
Use props
Robert_Pro_Master
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5913222 ft
United States

Hi,  My recommendation is to only use either sandisk extreme, sandisk extreme pro, or lexar 1066x cards (64gb or 128gb).  The price on these cards can be very cheap depending on the sales going on at BHphoto, adorama or Amazon. I suggest BH or adorama for best chance of avoiding a counterfeit.  I think I paid $30 for a 2 pack of 128gb Lexar's which is the same type card that DJI shipped with the Mavic 3e (Mine came with a lexar 1066 64gb). When I use a usb 3.0 card reader, I can download from the card at around 80-90mb/s which makes the whole process very quick even for huge data dumps in the 20gb range.
2023-4-6
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

The SD card is not where you want to save on, get the fastest and largest supported card from a reliable vendor.
2023-4-7
Use props
Robert_Pro_Master
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5913222 ft
United States

gulfpre Posted at 4-7 07:09
The SD card is not where you want to save on, get the fastest and largest supported card from a reliable vendor.

I disagree about "largest".

Multiple 64GB or 128GB cards are better than a single 256 or 512 gb card. The cards I mentioned earlier will meet all reliability and speed requirements and are very affordable.  I prefer to not put all eggs in one basket of SD card for long days of work if your waiting for more than 20gb of picture data on a card at once, your putting waaay too much data on a card.
2023-4-14
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Robert_Pro_Master Posted at 4-14 07:05
I disagree about "largest".

Multiple 64GB or 128GB cards are better than a single 256 or 512 gb card. The cards I mentioned earlier will meet all reliability and speed requirements and are very affordable.  I prefer to not put all eggs in one basket of SD card for long days of work if your waiting for more than 20gb of picture data on a card at once, your putting waaay too much data on a card.

That's fine. we can agree to disagree.
2023-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules