2252 9 2023-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fsWCymwDKnDo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 370843 ft
New Zealand

Have many people experienced this?

Avata has been working well for the last 2 months. Last week I noticed this error while flying and didn't think much of it. Tried to fly this week and noticed it straight away, within 10s of powering on the goggles. The heat sinks on top are hot to touch and no audible noise from the fans.

I have only around 2 hours total use on these goggles....

Anyway, I contacted DJI who directed me to the national approved service centre, who told me they only will repair if I bought from them directly and I should return to place of purchase.... Which seems to go against manufacturers warranty?

Can't seem to find many others with this issue so thought I'd pipe up and see if others have had success getting the fan to work again. Have tried factory reset and firmware update etc etc etc.
20230113_195724.jpg
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. If the error message persists, we will recommend you send it back for repair. We saw that you have contacted our support already. May we know where did you bought it from?
2023-1-13
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nope this is just a defective product. Haven't had any issues with mine.
2023-1-13
Use props
djiuser_fsWCymwDKnDo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 370843 ft
New Zealand

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-13 03:48
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. If the error message persists, we will recommend you send it back for repair. We saw that you have contacted our support already. May we know where did you bought it from?

I bought from pbtech in Christchurch NZ. The authorised repair agent is ferntech in Auckland NZ.

DJI told me to contact ferntech and the cost of work would be covered by warranty. Ferntech said they only do warranty work for items purchased directly from them.

I'm off to pbtech to claim a full refund under consumer guarantees act. "Item is not fit for intended purpose"
2023-1-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_fsWCymwDKnDo Posted at 1-13 12:11
I bought from pbtech in Christchurch NZ. The authorised repair agent is ferntech in Auckland NZ.

DJI told me to contact ferntech and the cost of work would be covered by warranty. Ferntech said they only do warranty work for items purchased directly from them.

Hello, there. We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. We have forwarded your case to our designated teams. They will help you proceed with the repair process. May we know did you receive the email?
2023-1-15
Use props
djiuser_5DZzMQ2SYNgI
lvl.1
United States

same problem with My integra goggles lasted about 8 times before the fan stopped working and get the same message.
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_5DZzMQ2SYNgI Posted at 11-25 11:38
same problem with My integra goggles lasted about 8 times before the fan stopped working and get the same message.

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. If you are not hearing the fan inside the goggles anymore, we suggest sending it to the repair facility. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. We appreciate your great support.
2023-11-25
Use props
djiuser_98rHjtAR3kOo
lvl.1

Austria

same issue with mine, out of the box...
1-11 11:04
Use props
djiuser_6dXf8N5c94Ob
New
Flight distance : 188251 ft

Slovakia

Hi , i have issue with my googles 2 fan cooling error
After install new firmware update 1.09.0000

3-17 01:01
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_6dXf8N5c94Ob Posted at 3-17 01:01
Hi , i have issue with my googles 2 fan cooling error
After install new firmware update 1.09.0000

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Normally, the cooling fan will turn after powering on the Goggles. Therefore, you will hear the sound of fan rotation when you turn it on. Please try to restart the Goggles and check if you can hear this sound. If not, and still has an error message "Cooling Fan Error". We suggest to send the unit to us for proper diagnostics. You may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support to see the best option for you to send the unit to us. We appreciate your understanding and support.
3-18 01:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules