M300 - Downloading Online GeoID files
1769 6 2023-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Knertiz
lvl.2
Norway

On the recent firmware updates they say that Pilot 2 now supports download online geoid files.This pops up in my Mavic 3E, but no where to be found on my M300 setup. Everything is updated to the latest firmware.

Dji Terra also states that they can do 2D / 3D mapping with Real Time 3d mapping, making me activate a demo license only to discover that the only supported drone is Phantom 4 series.

Then i went to flighthub, but they dont support area missions, only waypoint mission.

First of all, does anyone else have the option to download live geoid files when using M300 ?
Second of all, im really disapointed in DJI, both flighthub and terra looks like a good thing, but isnt supported by one of their flagships in the professional category ?
2023-1-13
Use props
Amed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2214019 ft
Turkey

After the land tracking mode is opened, the file should be selected at the bottom. There is an option to download the file location from the Internet as an additional option at the selected location.
2023-1-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

DJI pre and post flight software are not good.
What do you mean by online/live geoid? Pilot 2 already has EGM96 integrated into the radio control, there is nothing more to do.
2023-1-13
Use props
Knertiz
lvl.2
Norway

I have to correct myself.
When using M3E there is a setting thats called "Real-Time Follow" under Terrain follow. I thought this was the setting I had to find on the M300 Controller as well. But I had to go to select DSM file, then click the + sign, and then choose download from the internet. In my first post I was suppose to write "Live DSM file" instead of "Live geoid".

Thanks for the replies.
2023-1-15
Use props
fansf147b591
lvl.1
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-13 07:57
DJI pre and post flight software are not good.
What do you mean by online/live geoid? Pilot 2 already has EGM96 integrated into the radio control, there is nothing more to do.
Is there a way to disable the geoid EGM96? I just want to keep everything in HAE (Height Above Ellipsoid).
2023-4-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

fansf147b591 Posted at 4-26 19:42
Is there a way to disable the geoid EGM96? I just want to keep everything in HAE (Height Above Ellipsoid).

Everything is already HAE.  The MSL altitude is only an indication.
2023-4-26
Use props
maroncarlson
lvl.1
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-26 20:08
Everything is already HAE.  The MSL altitude is only an indication.

Yes thanks I get that. The "indication" is applying a geoid height relative to EGM96 vs. the HAE value for RTK base point. Recent firmware upgrade for M300/Pilot 2 allows for the option to upload a different geoid (like geoid 18 here in US). Curious if they give the option to swap geoids, can we just operate without a geoid and display only in HAE? thx
2023-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules