Z15 Nex7 wont intialize, rattles and shakes in FPV and Track mode
1400 12 2015-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bowley68
lvl.1

United Kingdom

After powering up gimbal does a few turns in all axis, then does not do the intializing thing but goes stable for about 5 seconds and then moves erratically in a chattery fashion, if switch to free mode it goes stable. anyone have an idea whats going on? (Running on A2 2.5 firmware)

Thanks

2015-8-17
Use props
bowley68
lvl.1

United Kingdom

OK a bit of investigation, appears that in order to get signals to Z15 from A2 with 2.5 firmware the GCU has to be connected into CAN2 via the PMU Can port. however this connection does not apply to the Z15 N series (unless further firmware updates have changed this) so I think I must use the F1-4 output ports from the A2 FC. shall see how it goes.
I can achieve control of the gimbal thru CAN 2 however it rattles like hell when its switched into anything except free orientation mode. In this free mode it seem to work flawessly.
2015-8-18
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

bowley68@hotmai Posted at 2015-8-18 17:45
OK a bit of investigation, appears that in order to get signals to Z15 from A2 with 2.5 firmware the ...

Hi bowley69, you are right, connecting Z15N to A2 CAN2 port  to realize control from A2 is not supported by the firmware.  The gimbal should function normally if you connect it to CAN1.  
2015-8-18
Use props
bowley68
lvl.1

United Kingdom

for repair

DJI Candice Posted at 2015-8-19 11:47
Hi bowley69, you are right, connecting Z15N to A2 CAN2 port  to realize control from A2 is not sup ...

Thanks DJI Candice.
I have latest firmware on both a2 and Z15 N7.
I connect to CAN1 now, jittery erratic motion still occurs. do I have to send to service agent for repair?
2015-8-20
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

bowley68@hotmai Posted at 2015-8-21 04:16
Thanks DJI Candice.
I have latest firmware on both a2 and Z15 N7.
I connect to CAN1 now, jittery e ...

Can you put a video on youtube, let me confirm in detail if any way can help before repair?
2015-8-20
Use props
chris
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm seeing the exact same behaviour with my Z15-7N and A2. The gimbal and all the A2 components are running the latest firmware.

When connected to CAN1 (as described on page 40 of the A2 manual):
* Gimbal initialises, then rotates to point the camera downwards.
* Gimbal stabilisation works - when moving the craft it always keeps the camera pointing downards.
* Gimbal does not respond to TILT, PAN, etc. as mapped in the A2 assistant (I've also mapped MODE). I can see the channels change in the A2 assistant, but the gimbal is unresponsive in any mode.

When connected to CAN2:
* Gimbal initialises, then rotates to point the camera forwards (or panned to one side, but with correct tilt)
* Gimbal stabilisation works - when moving the craft it always keeps the camera pointing in the direction it is set to point.
* In free orientation mode I can control PAN, TILT etc.
* In FPV and Track mode the motors go crazy/jittery and shake quite violently.

I can't find any combination of CAN ports/modes that allow the gimbal to function correctly using just the CANBUS connection between the A2 FC and the GCU. Do we also need to use servo cables connected between them (F1-4) for the Z15-7N?

Many thanks,
Chris

2015-8-23
Use props
bowley68
lvl.1

United Kingdom

chris@ixalon.ne Posted at 2015-8-24 07:45
I'm seeing the exact same behaviour with my Z15-7N and A2. The gimbal and all the A2 components are  ...

Exact same situation here Chris, I'm sitting here with connection through CAN and gimbal is stable and works but no commands possible, cannot change mode and the camera is pointing straight down.

i wonder now if we have to setup commands through F Ports
2015-8-23
Use props
chris
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've also tried updating the GCU and ICU firmware multiple times.

When connected to CAN1 Zenmuse Assistant shows no response to control input when A2 Assistant does. When connected to CAN2, I see a response in both Zenmuse and A2 assistants.

Gimbal works correctly when connected to a friend's WKM, so the Gimbal itself physically appears to be ok.

I've seen numerous reports of similar behaviour online on various forums, but there's never been a clear post on exactly how to resolve this. Any help would be much appreciated!
2015-8-24
Use props
bowley68
lvl.1

United Kingdom

chris@ixalon.ne Posted at 2015-8-24 18:56
I've also tried updating the GCU and ICU firmware multiple times.

When connected to CAN1 Zenmuse As ...

Connect F1-3 from A2 to mode tilt and roll/pan using D3-4 on the assistant mapping utility. I have success with mode control in free/locked and Track mode.
2015-8-24
Use props
chris
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks bowley68 - I'll give that a try. A shame that with the landing gear using one of the 4 outputs it leaves one channel short for mode/tilt/pan/shutter.

DJI Candice - is there any hope for a future firmware fix for the A2 & Z15N7 to allow full control of the gimbal over the CANBUS (i.e. the same as the other Z15 gimbals)? Or is the Z15N7 considered abandoned/unsupported (despite still being on sale)?
2015-8-24
Use props
bowley68
lvl.1

United Kingdom

chris@ixalon.ne Posted at 2015-8-24 23:45
Thanks bowley68 - I'll give that a try. A shame that with the landing gear using one of the 4 output ...

That was my Thought as well Chris, I guess I can sacrifice pan for shutter. while I'm configured for 1 man operation
2015-8-24
Use props
chris
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks bowley68 - that did the trick for now.

Fingers crossed DJI will have a proper solution to this one day. Plus hopefully they'll update the documentation (e.g. on the wiki) to tell people the F outputs need connected for the NEX gimbals.
2015-8-24
Use props
cpaggia
lvl.1

Italy

chris@ixalon.ne Posted at 2015-8-25 00:00
Thanks bowley68 - that did the trick for now.

Fingers crossed DJI will have a proper solution to th ...

Some other people had same problem specially after last A2 firmware upgrade and z15 upgrade.
Here you can find some important information: http://forum.dji.com/thread-5873-1-1.html
Personally I had contact with assistance depatrment via mail and . . . .  this was last reply from them

Dear Sir,
I'm sorry, but right now the latest A2 firmware only support Z15-HD gimbal for control over CAN cable.
We will forward your demand to related department though.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards
Frank

DJI Product Application Technical Support
Office Hours:Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 18:00 PM( HongKong Time GMT+8:00)
2015-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules