2789 12 2023-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fdnyfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a SD card in my RC Pro, but when I do a Screen Capture or Screen record, the files save to the internal memory of the RC Pro.

Is there a way to have screenshots and Screen recordings saved to the SD card instead?
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-14
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not found a way. Every so often I manually move them to a folder of my choosing with one of many file management apps available.
2023-1-15
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same here.
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your patiently waiting. Unfortunately, we don't have the option to change where to save the screenshot and screen recordings of the DJI RC PRO. After you install an SD card, it is normal that the screenshot and screen recording will still be saved on the internal memory. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Normally, there is an option in Android where to store images etc, certainly for the camera when you insert an SD card then open up the camera app, it asks you if you want to store to the SD card, so this deffo possible for it to save to the SD, DJI just needs to include it.
2023-1-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

No need for file managers, you can move them to a folder on your sd card using the builtin file system.
2023-1-16
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-16 09:26
No need for file managers, you can move them to a folder on your sd card using the builtin file system.

Yes, it's pretty easy to copy the RC Pro flight recordings from internal storage to the SD card.  Lots of videos on the internet that explain how.

The RC Pro is already writing the video cache from the drone to the RC Pro SD card in 1080p as a cache file.  You might be asking too much of the RC Pro.  See video below. The internal memory on the RC Pro is a pretty fast little SSD (faster than the SD card), but in order to run smoothly, and not over stress and have delays, it probably needs to record the flight screen recordings to internal SSD.

2023-1-16
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-16 09:26
No need for file managers, you can move them to a folder on your sd card using the builtin file system.

There are far more robust options out there. The stock File Manager is lacking at best. It's an outdated operating system after all.
2023-1-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLRSKIR Posted at 1-18 05:29
There are far more robust options out there. The stock File Manager is lacking at best. It's an outdated operating system after all.

I do agree that other file managers can be better as you cannot see all files with the stock manager., I use the app X-plore, its not as easy to navigate as the stock manager but you can at least see all the DJI files (flightlogs)
2023-1-22
Use props
sbunting
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374072 ft
United States

All well and good to have enhanced file managers and You-tube explanations on how to move the files to the external card, but that is all hogwash.  It takes extra time and effort to find something and move it.  It makes a lot better sense and more efficient use of time to be able to configure the app to store them where you want them.  Life it made up of time, in case you have figured that out yet, and I don't like wasting my time, i.e. segments of my life, doing stupid tasks that shouldn't have to be done in the first place.  
2023-8-1
Use props
djiuser_vCdqKGO8DJj6
lvl.1

United States

Would be nice to be able to save screen recordings directly to SD card in the RC Pro.
1-3 07:41
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_vCdqKGO8DJj6 Posted at 1-3 07:41
Would be nice to be able to save screen recordings directly to SD card in the RC Pro.

Hi, there. Thank you for your additional input. Rest assured that we'll inform our corresponding team regarding your suggestion. Cheers!
1-4 04:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules