1977 6 2023-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been reading allot on the forum that people have been having problems with the DJI Props failing/breaking.  So I figured I would order some extra DJI OEM props but I have a few questions if anyone has the time (which would be most appreciated):

1. What type of srew driver is needed to replace the props?
2. The manual does not refer to how tight to make the screws.  I've been hearing people say that you don't want to over tighten the screws.  Does anyone know what the recommended torc setting should be for these screws?
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may refer to the video tutorial below for the proper way on replacing the accessories on the DJI Avata. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.

2023-1-14
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Paladin - thank you for your response.  I had already reviewed this video and the manual prior to my original post.  Unfortunately unless Im missing it I'm not seeing/hearing any reference to the following questions in the video or manual:

1. What type of srew driver is needed to replace the props?
2. The manual does not refer to how tight to make the screws.  I've been hearing people say that you don't want to over tighten the screws.  Does anyone know what the recommended torc setting should be for these screws?

Are you able to answer these questions for me?
2023-1-15
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

props can be replaced with the allan key included with the avata.

Put a LITTLE dab of threadlock on the screws and screw them in untill you can JUST begin feeling resistance.
Fly after letting the threadlock dry!

This is what i have learnt from a couple of youtube video's
2023-1-16
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BadBert Posted at 1-16 01:43
props can be replaced with the allan key included with the avata.

Put a LITTLE dab of threadlock on the screws and screw them in untill you can JUST begin feeling resistance.

@BadBert - of course I misplaced the allen key.  Would you happen to know what size allen key is needed?  It's good to know that it is an allen key and not a torx head or something else.  Thanks!
2023-1-16
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Sure!
H1.5 alan key  
2023-1-16
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer