A question about DJI Fly app
762 10 2023-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
graywoulf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

Hello, I am curious to know if there is any way to fully open the Go Fly app to view or make changes to settings without having to power up my Mini 2 and controller. Thank you.
2023-1-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Many of the settings are kept on the drone, so yes, the drone and controller must be on.
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you want to change settings on the DJI Fly, you must connect both the aircraft and the remote controller to ensure that the settings that you changed will be saved. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, graywoulf. Thank you for reaching out. As Mobilehomer mentioned, you need to turn on the drone and the controller. Most of the settings on the DJI Fly are connected to the drone and controller that's why they need to be on for the changed settings to take effect. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-14
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.3
United States

Thanks guys for your quick replies and information. I understand how it works now. I thought that maybe I could make changes or adjustments ahead of time.
2023-1-14
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

graywoulf Posted at 1-14 19:01
Thanks guys for your quick replies and information. I understand how it works now. I thought that maybe I could make changes or adjustments ahead of time.

Just in case because I've seen others get confused in the past... The official app is called DJI Fly and you can only download it from the DJI website. The App called "Go Fly" in the Google Play store is a third party app that is not good.
2023-1-14
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.3
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 1-14 21:48
Just in case because I've seen others get confused in the past... The official app is called DJI Fly and you can only download it from the DJI website. The App called "Go Fly" in the Google Play store is a third party app that is not good.

Thank you for setting me straight. It was an old age brain fart that has been edited.
2023-1-14
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

Just in case because I've seen others get confused in the past... The official app is called DJI Fly and you can only download it from the DJI website. The App called "Go Fly" in the Google Play store is a third party app that is not good.

Nice tip.  I did not know that.
2023-1-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not bad thinking though....

Why not make changes in the flyapp with the drone off.
Once connected to the RC/Flyapp, settings could be transferred to the connected drone.

Important, well if you like to prepare a waypoints flight on the RC.....
(or can you make a waypoints flight with the drone not connected??)

cheers
JJB
2023-1-15
Use props
tietaja
New

Finland

Thanks for this important info. I'm just planning to buy Mini 2, my first drone ever. My problem is that I'm using my business phone also for personal use. Due to company policy I'm allowed to install apps only from from Google Play Store. So, the DJI Fly app is out of my reach.

Do I lose anything vital if I can only use a 3rd party app, e.g. Litchi?
2023-1-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Sorry for the late reply. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns, please remember to hit the "reply" button for us to be notified when you answer. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules