970 4 2023-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love the concept behind Flighthub 2. For some things it works great, other functions not so much. The live video stream to any device be it mobile or desktop is great. All done on just a web browser is fantastic, however I feel like software this powerful deserves an app/desktop program.

The cloud mapping feature is awesome in concept but it's deliverables aren't very impressive. There's not much information on settings or options on the Pilot 2 app. It's just one tiny checkbox that would be easily missed when starting a mission. It's hard to tell what's even going on with it behind the scenes. Is it uploading photos still? Can I turn off the drone yet? What's the progress on the processing? It kinda just leaves it up for speculation.

Today I tried it and the mission itself went fine. I landed and just kinda let it sit there not knowing if I could cut off the drone or RC yet. A little later on my phone I checked Flighthub 2 to see if I could show my client a preview of his property I had just mapped. It said the map had been generated and I thought "Great!" When I went to open the 2D model all I saw was a mapping mission that I had done several weeks ago. I had given today's mission a unique name and that was the name on the 2d model itself. So it couldn't have been a model made a few weeks ago. It's embarrassing to be talking so highly of a product like this to a customer and then have something this bad happen right in front of them. Of course my final deliverable will be a much higher quality model out of Metashape. But a preview of medium quality on the same day of flying a site is nice to assure the client that they picked the right pilot for the job.

The worst part like I said is bragging about the M3E & Flighthub's cloud features during flight. And then looking like an idiot when it outputs something totally wrong.
2023-1-14
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fyi - the remote will show you upload status of images/video if you push media up to fh2.
2023-1-15
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4762051 ft
South Africa

I agree.... Brilliant concept so far but there are some serious areas that are lacking....

Have offered a number of times for DJI to engage with us and we can assist them working the ghosts out of the closet, but no one has taken us up on this.

We have done a few 100 missions using this software exclusively as an end-to-end solution for our public service clients. So I would hazard a guess we have learned a lot about this software and how some minor tweaks will make this exceptionally powerful...

@DJI, the offer is still there... Let us know....
2023-1-18
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

Yeah, I asked for a progress roadmap a while back and got nothing. They don't seem to want to engage us on it.
2023-1-18
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Isn't the whole point of releasing a Beta is for people to use it and offer feedback on functionality..? So the kinks and bugs can be worked out before an official release. Well that's what we (your customers) are doing and we're being ignored yet again. I've learned since buying my M3E several months ago is that anything even remotely close to DJI Enterprise is the last concern for DJI. The drone industry is slowly dying mainly because of excessive rules and regulations. You'd think a drone manufacturer of DJIs size would at least have us pilots backs.. Wrong. We're ignored more than a 1-800 phone call.
2023-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules