438 9 2023-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyFPV
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Working in the area where this is located and part of the survey task this week. Bonus really as this was at the bottom end of my survey area, so rude not to have a look round with the Avata. Another abandoned site to come next week, weather permitting. Had battery issues on my first visit, so need to go back and will post sometime next week -

2023-1-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You do find some great spots.   
2023-1-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A really desolate place, Corey. No wonder you needed to cheer yourself up with a bit of FPV
2023-1-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice flying Corey.    Since you were there already you can't be the convenience of getting a look around the area and getting another flight in.  From the looks of the wet ground must have been raining quite a bit which is probably not good for getting survey work done.  
2023-1-15
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

Very cool.  
2023-1-15
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

You do find some great spots.   
2023-1-15
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-15 03:19
Nice flying Corey.    Since you were there already you can't be the convenience of getting a look around the area and getting another flight in.  From the looks of the wet ground must have been raining quite a bit which is probably not good for getting survey work done.

Ha Ha....This was at the end of my survey patch and a nice end to the morning. It's been quite popular since I found it. The pig farm is the better location though. The ground was wet but due to the cold weather we had at this time. Melted frost for the most part. I'm usually up and out for as soon as it's light enough to take photo's, so get to explore the places I visit.
2023-2-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

CoreyFPV Posted at 2-4 05:27
Ha Ha....This was at the end of my survey patch and a nice end to the morning. It's been quite popular since I found it. The pig farm is the better location though. The ground was wet but due to the cold weather we had at this time. Melted frost for the most part. I'm usually up and out for as soon as it's light enough to take photo's, so get to explore the places I visit.

One of the nice perks of your job no doubt.  
2023-2-4
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-4 12:19
One of the nice perks of your job no doubt.

Indeed. Working near Leeming Bar next week, so limited choices being so close to the RAF base.
2023-2-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

CoreyFPV Posted at 2-5 05:33
Indeed. Working near Leeming Bar next week, so limited choices being so close to the RAF base.

Yeah, no doubt airports and military bases put a damper on places to fly but for a good reason.  
2023-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules