MIMO App adds glitches when panning (iPhone 12 Pro)
772 9 2023-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FabioV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

I recently purchased a OSMO 6 Mobile and I started using it wiht a iPhone 12 Pro. I noticed that, when panning, MIMO apps creates videos with glitches. By opposite, taking the same scenes with the native Photo app does not show that issue. Here the links to a couple of videos:

Video taken with MIMO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Pk/view?usp=sharing

Video taken without MIMO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Tq/view?usp=sharing

The two video have been shot at 4K 60 fps.
Is there any setting I missed ? Is there any other similar experience ?
A gimbal with its own dedicated app is supposed to increase the quality of the videos, not the opposite. I've purchased the Osmo at Amazon and, if this issue persists, I'll send it back.

2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, FabioV. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. We appreciate you sharing the videos with us. Please note that we have forwarded it to our related team for confirmation. We'll update you the soonest time possible. Have a nice day.
2023-1-15
Use props
FabioV
lvl.4
Italy

Thank you.
2023-1-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You are most welcome. By the way, we just received feedback from our related team. The mobile phone manufacturer will optimize the camera software of each phone. DJI has performed comprehensive optimization for the camera’s characteristics with permissions targeted at most mobile phones (iOS/Android). Therefore, DJI Mimo’s stabilization effect may not be as strong as a mobile phone camera. And if possible, kindly confirm the current iOS version of the mobile phone you use. What we will do is record your mobile phone model and its version and forward it to our designated department for subsequent optimization and improvement. Apart from this, you may also follow these recommendations:
1. Ensure that the DJI Mimo app is the latest.
2. Ensure that the mobile phone is properly balanced on the gimbal.
3. Calibrate the gimbal.
We appreciate your valuable feedback and understanding. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Take care!
2023-1-16
Use props
FabioV
lvl.4
Greece

Hi Tony, thanks for your answer. I’m at the latest version of all the software components (App and iOS). And I calibrated the gimbal before running my tests. Both videos have been taken using the Osmo Mobile 6 gimbal, one with Mimo app and the other with the stock photo apps.  It means that the gimbal is working as expected, because it stabilizes well with the iPhone stock app. What is not working as expected is the Mimo app that introduces some glitches in the captured video. I addition, the Mimo app drains a lot of battery. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall it, but nothing has changed. At 1080p the glitches are reduced. It means that probably the app needs some optimization to handle better the 4K HDR videos and to drain less energy.
2023-1-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FabioV Posted at 1-16 08:21
Hi Tony, thanks for your answer. I’m at the latest version of all the software components (App and iOS). And I calibrated the gimbal before running my tests. Both videos have been taken using the Osmo Mobile 6 gimbal, one with Mimo app and the other with the stock photo apps.  It means that the gimbal is working as expected, because it stabilizes well with the iPhone stock app. What is not working as expected is the Mimo app that introduces some glitches in the captured video. I addition, the Mimo app drains a lot of battery. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall it, but nothing has changed. At 1080p the glitches are reduced. It means that probably the app needs some optimization to handle better the 4K HDR videos and to drain less energy.

Hi there. Apologies for the delayed response. The mobile phone manufacturer will optimize the camera software of each phone. DJI has performed comprehensive optimization for the camera’s characteristics with permissions targeted at most mobile phones (iOS/Android). Therefore, DJI Mimo’s stabilization effect may not be as strong as a mobile phone camera. Please provide the model phone system version so that we can provide subsequent optimization and improvement based on your feedback. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-31
Use props
FabioV
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 1-31 04:07
Hi there. Apologies for the delayed response. The mobile phone manufacturer will optimize the camera software of each phone. DJI has performed comprehensive optimization for the camera’s characteristics with permissions targeted at most mobile phones (iOS/Android). Therefore, DJI Mimo’s stabilization effect may not be as strong as a mobile phone camera. Please provide the model phone system version so that we can provide subsequent optimization and improvement based on your feedback. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Sorry but this is the same answer you already provided on 16-1 (cutted and pasted) and I already answered providing the information you requested.
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FabioV Posted at 2-1 04:29
Sorry but this is the same answer you already provided on 16-1 (cutted and pasted) and I already answered providing the information you requested.

We're sorry for missing that and thank you for your response. And yes, we have forwarded your phone model and version for optimization. Once again, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
2023-2-1
Use props
Jayflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23668 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

just use native camera app mate. or Filmic Pro.
I personally never needed to use mimo app for filming. unless you wanna use their prebuilt quickshot mode
2023-2-2
Use props
FabioV
lvl.4
Italy

Jayflyer Posted at 2-2 00:40
just use native camera app mate. or Filmic Pro.
I personally never needed to use mimo app for filming. unless you wanna use their prebuilt quickshot mode

Yes, it's what I'm doing now. But some capabilities are not available (the zoom control, for instance).
2023-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules