123Next >
13066 113 2023-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gusthebaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2707 ft
United States

And as I already explained, it worked fine with my previous phone and is not working with my pixel 7 Pro that I understand, while being a flagship phone, is not compatible with my drone? This is poor. Also the drone is not disconnected as I can still pilot it, despite being blind.
2023-6-6
Use props
Gusthebaker
lvl.1
United States

And as I already explained, it worked fine with my previous phone and is not working with my pixel 7 Pro that I understand, while being a flagship phone, is not compatible with my drone? This is poor. Also the drone is not disconnected as I can still pilot it, despite being blind.
2023-6-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Gusthebaker Posted at 6-6 13:02

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We have sent the compatibility request for DJI GO 4 app and Pixel 7 series to our engineers and will keep forwarding the feedback. Hopefully, there will be an update on DJI GO 4 app to support this phone. Apologize again for the issue.
2023-6-6
Use props
Pesci2k
lvl.1

Italy

Add me to the list. Latest version of DJI 4 GO and Pixel 7 Pro and problem. Works with previous phone.
2023-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Pesci2k Posted at 6-8 02:18
Add me to the list. Latest version of DJI 4 GO and Pixel 7 Pro and problem. Works with previous phone.

Please rest assured that we will keep forwarding your feedback and request to the corresponding team. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2023-6-9
Use props
CCSnell
New

United States

Well, your app hasn't been updated since October 2022. DJI is stopping support with the hope that people just buy a new drone. Great strategy.
2023-6-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CCSnell Posted at 6-17 22:40
Well, your app hasn't been updated since October 2022. DJI is stopping support with the hope that people just buy a new drone. Great strategy.

Hi there, may I ask if you encounter any issues with the app? Please tell us more details and we will do our best to help.
2023-6-18
Use props
djiuser_Y0Wxs1sWlSUB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46463 ft
Czechia

evilsquirrel_15 Posted at 6-4 20:37
I don't think this will ever get fixed, sad

This has apparently nothing to do with poor connection. It has something to do with video codec pixels are using.
I got this quote from dronelink forum. Should be fixed tomorrow

Comment author
Jim McAndrew Dronelink Staff
2 months ago
DJI confirmed that the only solutions are:

Implement a custom video decoder (don't use the stock DJI video decoder)
Wait until Jun 20 when they release 4.17 with the updated DJI video decoder
We will be doing option 2.

But I`m wondering how can all the admins here didn`t know about it and keeps suggesting poor connection issue.
2023-6-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_Y0Wxs1sWlSUB Posted at 6-18 23:16
This has apparently nothing to do with poor connection. It has something to do with video codec pixels are using.
I got this quote from dronelink forum. Should be fixed tomorrow

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, we do not have related information about the new version of the DJI GO 4 App. Please stay tuned to the official website for updates.
Kindly know that troubleshooting steps are given based on the issue.   
2023-6-19
Use props
Gusthebaker
lvl.1
United States

Still nothing, this is pathetic.
2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gusthebaker Posted at 6-19 11:59
Still nothing, this is pathetic.

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We have forwarded the compatibility request of the DJI GO 4 app and Pixel 7 series to our engineers. If you have an urgent flight mission, you can use a compatible mobile device for flying. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2023-6-20
Use props
timoxd7
New
Germany

Same problem here. Can't use my Pixel 7 Pro with my Mavic 2 Pro. Seems like it will never be fixed, as the problem persists since last year, was already mentioned with the Pixel 6 and is not usable too.
2023-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

timoxd7 Posted at 6-20 04:46
Same problem here. Can't use my Pixel 7 Pro with my Mavic 2 Pro. Seems like it will never be fixed, as the problem persists since last year, was already mentioned with the Pixel 6 and is not usable too.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will keep forwarding your feedback to the corresponding team. If you have an urgent flight mission, you can use a compatible mobile device for flying. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2023-6-20
Use props
Gusthebaker
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-20 02:59
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We have forwarded the compatibility request of the DJI GO 4 app and Pixel 7 series to our engineers. If you have an urgent flight mission, you can use a compatible mobile device for flying. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

"If you have an urgent flight mission, you can use a compatible mobile device for flying."

DJI is a joke.
2023-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Gusthebaker Posted at 6-21 10:53
"If you have an urgent flight mission, you can use a compatible mobile device for flying."

DJI is a joke.

We are sorry for any inconvenience users are experiencing in this case, we will keep pushing the engineers. Yet, we may not be able to confirm when there will be an update. Deeply sorry for this situation.
2023-6-22
Use props
Gusthebaker
lvl.1
United States

It has only been going on since Pixel 6, so about 2 years ago.
2023-6-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Gusthebaker Posted at 6-22 09:42
It has only been going on since Pixel 6, so about 2 years ago.

We are sorry that issues may be different. About the compatibility issue of the Pixel 7 Pro, we will forward the request to our engineers.
2023-6-22
Use props
Ryan Luk
New

United States

My DJI Go 4 app won't open on my new Google Pixel phone. I tried uninstalling and reloading the app and still have the same problem.  When I click on the button it starts to open, then just goes away. Nothing happens. This caused me to lose a job over this crap. WTF is going on? Why can't I use my drone with my new phone? So mad....
2023-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ryan Luk Posted at 6-25 23:50
My DJI Go 4 app won't open on my new Google Pixel phone. I tried uninstalling and reloading the app and still have the same problem.  When I click on the button it starts to open, then just goes away. Nothing happens. This caused me to lose a job over this crap. WTF is going on? Why can't I use my drone with my new phone? So mad....

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please tell us the exact model of your phone? May I double confirm if you mean the app cannot be installed or it cannot be opened after installation? If you mean the latter, please try to turn on airplane mode and then try to open the app again to see if it works.
2023-6-26
Use props
djiuser_7ZRW5tFOG6HC
New
Flight distance : 17894 ft

Switzerland

Add me to the list. Latest version of DJI 4 GO and Pixel 7 Pro and problem. Worked with previous phone.................................
2023-6-30
Use props
djiuser_rtSqQRQGcvC4
New

Australia

I use my Mavic pro 2 drone with work ( real estate photography ) so imagine my frustration when I'm on a job today and the drone won't function properly with my new Google pixel 7 pro !
Today alone cost be over $500 in lost earnings, so what I'm I to do ? Buy another new phone ? you know cause I can afford to after spending $$$ on the pixel 7:...or maybe buy a new drone ( $$$$ ) to say I'm annoyed and frustrated  about now is an understatement...
2023-7-3
Use props
Gusthebaker
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-22 22:34
We are sorry that issues may be different. About the compatibility issue of the Pixel 7 Pro, we will forward the request to our engineers.

Any update here? It has only been 2 yeasr since this started and we can't use our devices. Do we need to look at contacting the Attorney General so that the app can be upgraded?
2023-7-10
Use props
Gusthebaker
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-22 22:34

Any update here? It has only been 2 yeasr since this started and we can't use our devices. Do we need to look at contacting the Attorney General so that the app can be upgraded?
2023-7-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_7ZRW5tFOG6HC Posted at 6-30 01:12
Add me to the list. Latest version of DJI 4 GO and Pixel 7 Pro and problem. Worked with previous phone.................................

2023-7-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_rtSqQRQGcvC4 Posted at 7-3 03:14
I use my Mavic pro 2 drone with work ( real estate photography ) so imagine my frustration when I'm on a job today and the drone won't function properly with my new Google pixel 7 pro !
Today alone cost be over $500 in lost earnings, so what I'm I to do ? Buy another new phone ? you know cause I can afford to after spending $$$ on the pixel 7:...or maybe buy a new drone ( $$$$ ) to say I'm annoyed and frustrated  about now is an understatement...

Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback, which we deeply appreciate. We totally understand and really are sorry for any inconvenience. We have forwarded the compatibility request of the DJI GO 4 app and Pixel 7 series to our engineers. Hope it will be updated soon. If you have a spare mobile, you could use a compatible one for flying. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2023-7-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Gusthebaker Posted at 7-10 04:46
Any update here? It has only been 2 yeasr since this started and we can't use our devices. Do we need to look at contacting the Attorney General so that the app can be upgraded?

Hi Gusthebaker, If I were in your position, I would feel the same way. We are sorry for any inconvenience. As we replied above, we have not received information currently.  We know our users have the issue with the compatibility of the Google Pixel 7 series with the DJI GO 4 app, and keep collecting our users' voice and forwarding to the corresponding team. Hope it will be updated soon.
2023-7-10
Use props
Panoraw
New
Canada

DJI, please do not even bother replying on how sorry you are for our inconviniences. Since I reported this issue 2 years ago with pixel 6 nothing has changed. I now have pixel 7 pro with same problems as other users. Just fix the damn thing! I was forced to use my old samsung A60 with shattered screen so I can use DJIs $2000 drone

Can I ask for email contact for the head of tech support department? I would like to contact him/her directly
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Panoraw Posted at 7-11 23:18
DJI, please do not even bother replying on how sorry you are for our inconviniences. Since I reported this issue 2 years ago with pixel 6 nothing has changed. I now have pixel 7 pro with same problems as other users. Just fix the damn thing! I was forced to use my old samsung A60 with shattered screen so I can use DJIs $2000 drone

Can I ask for email contact for the head of tech support department? I would like to contact him/her directly

We understand your request very well. We also hope the compatibility issue can be resolved soon. We will keep forwarding your feedback to the corresponding team. If you still want to contact us via email, you can contact our support team at support@dji.com. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Panoraw Posted at 7-11 23:18
DJI, please do not even bother replying on how sorry you are for our inconviniences. Since I reported this issue 2 years ago with pixel 6 nothing has changed. I now have pixel 7 pro with same problems as other users. Just fix the damn thing! I was forced to use my old samsung A60 with shattered screen so I can use DJIs $2000 drone

Hi there, could you please also provide us with the following information so we can forward it to the corresponding team?
1. Issue Description:
2. System Version:
3. App Log or Crash Log:
2023-7-12
Use props
Fredisco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71043 ft
Sweden

The post here by @Chushpajz explains a likely reason why the DJI GO4 doesn't work with pixel phones. I have the same issue myself, picture stutters and mostly black and white. This makes the drone useless for me. This is most likely fixed with the DJI SDK, but the GO 4 app doesn't use the latest Android Mobile SDK 4.16.1  (and newer versions) Release Date 2022.03.18.

See his post here: (and it has a link to a video showing the issue)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=274329

Link to release notes:
https://developer.dji.com/docume ... .16.1-release-notes
From the release notes.
Bug Fixes - Video stream cannot be displayed on pixel 6 mobile phone: Fixed.

Can we please have a new DJI GO4 releas that is using the latest DJI SDK please!
2023-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fredisco Posted at 7-23 04:56
The post here by @Chushpajz explains a likely reason why the DJI GO4 doesn't work with pixel phones. I have the same issue myself, picture stutters and mostly black and white. This makes the drone useless for me. This is most likely fixed with the DJI SDK, but the GO 4 app doesn't use the latest Android Mobile SDK 4.16.1  (and newer versions) Release Date 2022.03.18.

See his post here: (and it has a link to a video showing the issue)

We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team. You can also provide us with the needed information which is on  69#, and we will also forward it to our engineer for further checking.
2023-7-23
Use props
djiuser_1FCFeJmcNGPs
New

Canada

. @DJI you have been saying for years that you will forward this issue to the proper channel and its still an issue... My DJI Mavic 2 pro has been collecting dust for soooo long now because I cannot use it. It has become soooo frustrating
2023-7-24
Use props
djiuser_VXWPKop6GegQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189902 ft
United States

At me to the list.  Pixel 7 Pro user with Mavic 2 Pro.  DJI GO 4 does not work.  However Litchi app works fine.  Shame on DJI for allowing another app developer to fix an issue DJI had had 2 years to fix.  That's sad.
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_VXWPKop6GegQ Posted at 7-24 16:58
At me to the list.  Pixel 7 Pro user with Mavic 2 Pro.  DJI GO 4 does not work.  However Litchi app works fine.  Shame on DJI for allowing another app developer to fix an issue DJI had had 2 years to fix.  That's sad.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience. We received the information from the engineers, we are sorry that there is no plan for the compatibility work for DJI GO 4 app and Pixel 7 Pro, it is recommended to use another phone that is compatible with the DJI GO 4 for flying. Apologize again for the troubles.
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_1FCFeJmcNGPs Posted at 7-24 10:41
. @DJI you have been saying for years that you will forward this issue to the proper channel and its still an issue... My DJI Mavic 2 pro has been collecting dust for soooo long now because I cannot use it. It has become soooo frustrating

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please confirm if you are also using the Pixel 7 Pro? If this is the case, we are sorry that there is no plan for the compatibility for DJI GO 4 app and Pixel 7 Pro, you may try another phone for flying. Apologize again for the trouble, thank you for your understanding.
2023-7-24
Use props
Fredisco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71043 ft
Sweden

You already have the SDK it can't be that hard to just build a new version using your own latest SDK.
The only phones you support are too old and I shouldn't have to buy a 4+ years old drone to run my drone.

Link to release notes:
https://developer.dji.com/docume ... .16.1-release-notes
From the release notes.
Bug Fixes - Video stream cannot be displayed on pixel 6 mobile phone: Fixed.

Can we please have a new DJI GO4 release that is using the latest DJI SDK please!
2023-7-25
Use props
HDFLTRider
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189902 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-24 22:33
We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience. We received the information from the engineers, we are sorry that there is no plan for the compatibility work for DJI GO 4 app and Pixel 7 Pro, it is recommended to use another phone that is compatible with the DJI GO 4 for flying. Apologize again for the troubles.

Yikes, for 2 years all DJI was doing was apologizing and ask their engineers for support for Pixel phones, and NOW the response is that its NOT going to happen.  I guess I will continue to use and promote another mfg app to fly YOUR drones.  That is truly pathetic in that you are unable to support the android flagship phones.  

The bottom line folks is that if you want to fly a drone using DJI GO 4 app, and you own a Google Pixel 5,6 or 7, you better plan on buying the Litchi app to do it.  The answer above basically says DJI will NOT support your phones.  SMFH.....
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

HDFLTRider Posted at 7-25 08:42
Yikes, for 2 years all DJI was doing was apologizing and ask their engineers for support for Pixel phones, and NOW the response is that its NOT going to happen.  I guess I will continue to use and promote another mfg app to fly YOUR drones.  That is truly pathetic in that you are unable to support the android flagship phones.  

The bottom line folks is that if you want to fly a drone using DJI GO 4 app, and you own a Google Pixel 5,6 or 7, you better plan on buying the Litchi app to do it.  The answer above basically says DJI will NOT support your phones.  SMFH.....

Deeply sorry for the situation, we understand your feeling on this case, if we are in your position, we feel the same. But still, there is no plan indeed as per the engineers, Apologize for this.
2023-7-25
Use props
djiuser_qQogOuLTiG1Q
New

Netherlands

Just trying dji with my pixel 7 and stumbled on this forum. Great start of my holiday. Can you please reconsider adding support for pixel? I don't think it should be an engineer decision if a device/brand is supported yes/no. Perhaps ask google for getting support?
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_qQogOuLTiG1Q Posted at 8-6 09:58
Just trying dji with my pixel 7 and stumbled on this forum. Great start of my holiday. Can you please reconsider adding support for pixel? I don't think it should be an engineer decision if a device/brand is supported yes/no. Perhaps ask google for getting support?

Hi, djiuser_qQogOuLTiG1Q. Thank you for reaching out. We will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team. Please be patient with us as there are many models that need to be tested currently, it cannot be resolved in the short term. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have an urgent mission, we recommend you prepare a spare mobile device to carry out the mission, instead of using this device to avoid the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issues. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2023-8-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules