DJI GO4 doesnt work on Pixel7 Pro
13063 113 2023-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daniel Eriksson
lvl.1

Sweden

Same issue here. I had an Samsung galaxy 10 and it worked fine. Bought a new pixel seven pro and now I cannot use my drone. It is worthless to me. So disappointed with DJI. Don't ask your customers to post detailes of the problem. Buy one pixel mobile and work it out! We want solutions not excuses.
2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Daniel Eriksson Posted at 8-14 13:40
Same issue here. I had an Samsung galaxy 10 and it worked fine. Bought a new pixel seven pro and now I cannot use my drone. It is worthless to me. So disappointed with DJI. Don't ask your customers to post detailes of the problem. Buy one pixel mobile and work it out! We want solutions not excuses.

Hi there, could you please provide us with the following information so we can forward it to the corresponding team?
1. Issue Description:
2. System Version:
3. App Log or Crash Log:
2023-8-15
Use props
Itaposs Just Me2
New

Australia

Same here. Pixel 7 Pro and now app doesn't work. I used it for many years on my old Samsung s8. How can a flagship phone not be in their compatible devices list? By reading these comments, I can see they have been aware of this for a long time and have not fixed. Instead of asking users for debug screen shots, surely a company as big as them could emulate and reproduce the issue by using a pixel 7 Pro?
2023-8-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Itaposs Just Me2 Posted at 8-17 04:16
Same here. Pixel 7 Pro and now app doesn't work. I used it for many years on my old Samsung s8. How can a flagship phone not be in their compatible devices list? By reading these comments, I can see they have been aware of this for a long time and have not fixed. Instead of asking users for debug screen shots, surely a company as big as them could emulate and reproduce the issue by using a pixel 7 Pro?

Hello there! We apologize for the inconvenience; however, compatibility testing must be performed. As there are many models that need to be tested currently, this cannot be resolved in the short term. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
To eliminate the possibility that the mission cannot be completed due to compatibility concerns, we advise you to prepare a backup mobile device if you have an urgent mission rather than using this device.
We apologize for the trouble this has put you in. Please know that this matter has already been reported to the relevant team. I appreciate your support and understanding.
2023-8-17
Use props
evilsquirrel_15
lvl.2
United States

Many months later and still no fix. Pretty crazy this is not a priority. I guess we will just have to keep checking back here every month until something changes. I'm getting tired of going through all the new pages in this thread every week.
2023-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

evilsquirrel_15 Posted at 9-8 22:43
Many months later and still no fix. Pretty crazy this is not a priority. I guess we will just have to keep checking back here every month until something changes. I'm getting tired of going through all the new pages in this thread every week.

Hi there, could you please provide us with the following information so we can forward it to the corresponding team?
1. Issue Description:
2. System Version:
3. App Log or Crash Log:
2023-9-9
Use props
epmeep
lvl.1

Germany

Hi DJI Mindy, same issue here: I have a Google Pixel 7 Pro and the video doesn't update in the App.

1. Issue Description:

controls in the DJI Go 4 App seem to work, but the video updates only about 1 picture approximately every 5-30 seconds, sometimes color, sometimes b&w ...not good enough to control the drone. Reducing quality and bandwidth restrictions doesn't help.
It works flawlessly using the same cable with an iPad Pro (too big to use) and with a OnePlus 5T (which isn't mine and I cannot use it, just tried with a friend).  

2. system version:

Google Pixel 7 Pro:
Android Version: 13
Android security update: August 5, 2023
Google Play system update: February 1, 2023
Baseband version: g5300g-230323-230525-B-10200345,g5300g-230323-230525-B-10200345
Kernel Version: 5.10.157-android14-4-00003-g776d0a76f6aa-aab10208116 #1 Thu May 25 12:11:12 UTC 2023
Build Number: TQ3A.230805.001

Mavic 2 Pro (info from DJI Go 4 App):
App: 4.3.54
Aircraft: 01.00.0790
Remote Controller: 01.00.0770
Precise Fly Safe Database (Aircraft): 01.00.01.29
Precise Fly Safe Database (App): 01.00.01.29

3. App Log or Crash Log:

Doesn't crash, just doesn't update the video. I assume there is no Crash Log.
Where would I find an App Log? ...happy to provide it if you tell me where to find it.
2023-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

epmeep Posted at 9-9 09:16
Hi DJI Mindy, same issue here: I have a Google Pixel 7 Pro and the video doesn't update in the App.

1. Issue Description:

Hi there, thank you for your detailed information. The route to the app log is \DJI\dji.go.v4\LOG.
Thank you very much.
2023-9-10
Use props
epmeep
lvl.1

Germany

The log-files exceed the 1MB limit for uploading files here in the forum: Here is a link to the log-files: LOG.zip (https://mega.nz/file/4dMigByA#n1IeLMKi_rRzAwdk4Wk4ytiJInLcdj28qfHDgPY6_Ow)
2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

epmeep Posted at 9-10 14:41
The log-files exceed the 1MB limit for uploading files here in the forum: Here is a link to the log-files: LOG.zip (https://mega.nz/file/4dMigByA#n1IeLMKi_rRzAwdk4Wk4ytiJInLcdj28qfHDgPY6_Ow)

Thank you for your updates. We forwarded to our relevant team for further review and check. Thanks.
2023-9-11
Use props
Rizz67
New

United States

Team, also cant use the the app. I am on android version 14 and the app wont even open. I tried DJI Go and DJi Go 4 ( I have an osmo 2 and Mavic Air) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pixel 7 Pro
Android 14
DJI Go 4 - 4.3.54
DJI Go - 3.1.76
2023-10-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Rizz67 Posted at 10-24 05:02
Team, also cant use the the app. I am on android version 14 and the app wont even open. I tried DJI Go and DJi Go 4 ( I have an osmo 2 and Mavic Air) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pixel 7 Pro

Thank you for your feedback and support. We will keep forwarding the issue to our related departments.  
2023-10-24
Use props
Gusthebaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2707 ft
United States

So our dorne is just a brick as you DJI cannot release and update with the DJI Go 4 that woudl work with pixel flagship phones? This is pathetic.
2023-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Gusthebaker Posted at 10-25 09:56
So our dorne is just a brick as you DJI cannot release and update with the DJI Go 4 that woudl work with pixel flagship phones? This is pathetic.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. You could try to use another mobile device first which shows in the compatible list with DJI GO 4 App. https://www.dji.com/cn/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

At the same time, we will keep forwarding the issue to our related departments. Thank you for your understanding and tolerance.
2023-10-25
Use props
Hunter Purdon
New

Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-4 23:46
As DJI Susan explained, the video loss is due to the disconnection between the aircraft and the remote controller. The error message "Image transmission lost" also indicated that and that's why the live feed will be black and white because the transmission was cut.

App won't even open for I just downloaded the most current version on pixel 7pro running Current android and the I got the login screen and then the app just constantly crashes after opening. Dji is garbage with keeping up support for their older devices.
2023-11-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hunter Purdon Posted at 11-12 00:20
App won't even open for I just downloaded the most current version on pixel 7pro running Current android and the I got the login screen and then the app just constantly crashes after opening. Dji is garbage with keeping up support for their older devices.

Hello. there. Sorry for the inconvenience. It has been confirmed that your mobile device is not currently compatible. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-12
Use props
djiuser_uf8yE8OrKNax
lvl.1
United States

This is absolutely insane that DJI can't figure this out after so much time! I had to buy the Litchi app to use my drone. With all the money these drones cost, you would think DJI would make sure popular phones would work in a timely manner. Telling people to buy other phones is a joke. If other companies can figure it out, DJI can! It's that they just don't give a crap about their customers.
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_uf8yE8OrKNax Posted at 12-15 04:23
This is absolutely insane that DJI can't figure this out after so much time! I had to buy the Litchi app to use my drone. With all the money these drones cost, you would think DJI would make sure popular phones would work in a timely manner. Telling people to buy other phones is a joke. If other companies can figure it out, DJI can! It's that they just don't give a crap about their customers.

Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will keep forwarding users' voices to our related teams. Please stay tuned to our official website for updates.
2023-12-15
Use props
djiuser_gZEP9ibl3Wyq
New

Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-3-25 02:13
As we explained, this mobile device is not on the compatible list, which means we did not test the mobile device before and therefore, the performance is not guaranteed.
It would be appreciated if you can provide us with some information so that we can escalate your issue to our engineers for evaluation.
The compatibility list will be updated once our engineers complete compatibility tests on new mobile devices.

Yep same problem here but if I use my wife's S23 ultra (which also isn't on compatibility list) it works perfectly fine
1-2 03:24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_gZEP9ibl3Wyq Posted at 1-2 03:24
Yep same problem here but if I use my wife's S23 ultra (which also isn't on compatibility list) it works perfectly fine

Hello, there. For the devices that are on the compatibility list, it does not mean they can not be used with DJI APPs. However, we can not guarantee the performance as well.
1-2 05:05
Use props
djiuser_2lcbthERXvHC
New
Flight distance : 10692 ft

Germany

Hi, dji team & users. App is working in background. Try running it in screen split mode with some other app. The problem seems to be connected to resolution of the screen/ or format.
1-5 01:37
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_2lcbthERXvHC Posted at 1-5 01:37
Hi, dji team & users. App is working in background. Try running it in screen split mode with some other app. The problem seems to be connected to resolution of the screen/ or format.

Hello, there. Do you mean you use it in the screen split mode but can not use it individually? We are sorry that DJI Pixel 7 pro is not currently compatible with DJI GO 4 APP. We will forward your feedback to our engineers, too.
1-5 04:22
Use props
Saxk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114426 ft
Germany

IS this still no sorted?

The god damn pixel 8 is already out and you clowns havent managed to get the 7 to work yet. i got a mavic 2 pro here that i litterally cant Fing use.

what a joke
1-16 02:12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Saxk Posted at 1-16 02:12
IS this still no sorted?

The god damn pixel 8 is already out and you clowns havent managed to get the 7 to work yet. i got a mavic 2 pro here that i litterally cant Fing use.

Sorry for that. Android devices which are in the official website compatibility list can support the APP.
If not in the list, it is suggested to change the mobile device and try.  We will also forward to our engineer team for evaluation to enhance our products. Hope you understand.
1-16 23:46
Use props
fans72319b9d
New
Flight distance : 160361 ft
United States

Same problem as everyone else here. Mavic 2 Pro. Pixel 7A. This thread has been open for over a year now, and still no updates. The only Pixel phone listed as compatible is the 2XL, which is over 6 years old. We don't necessarily expect full functionality for devices not listed, but for a drone that requires a phone to work, basic operability for mainstream devices is necessary.

Thanks for forwarding our messages, even if it doesn't help.
1-18 07:31
Use props
djiuser_g7SaGXz6i1hU
lvl.1
Canada

I unfortunately I sent my device in to get repaired (with case explicitly mentioning grey screen flicker), I paid the repair fee.   And when I got the device back, it was still doing it.

I asked for them to refund my "Service Fee" since they obviously didn't read the case, but they are refusing to.

Dave
1-20 09:52
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_g7SaGXz6i1hU Posted at 1-20 09:52
I unfortunately I sent my device in to get repaired (with case explicitly mentioning grey screen flicker), I paid the repair fee.   And when I got the device back, it was still doing it.

I asked for them to refund my "Service Fee" since they obviously didn't read the case, but they are refusing to.

Hi Dave, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience. I was able to get your case number via your forum email address. Please rest assured, our manager is following up on your case, they will keep you updated on this case. Thank you for your patience.
1-20 23:53
Use props
djiuser_Lmzs0aMj7FE4
lvl.1

Mexico

Raverty Posted at 2023-3-24 09:26
I'm having the same issue. Most updated version of the app. Everything seems to work fine, the app opens and connects to the mavic 2 but the video connection is pretty much frozen. It will sometimes move/update but then goes back to frozen black and white image. I'm using a pixel 7 pro.

I have the same problem, I connect my Pixel 7 Pro and it does not work properly, it is incredible that such an expensive device is not developed to be compatible with devices
2-24 16:00
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Lmzs0aMj7FE4 Posted at 2-24 16:00
I have the same problem, I connect my Pixel 7 Pro and it does not work properly, it is incredible that such an expensive device is not developed to be compatible with devices

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. May I ask which drone you're using? Is the original video normal? You can download and install the latest app through the link below to see if it helps. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2-25 00:58
Use props
CowboyPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55620 ft
United States

Just checking to see if we are still "apologizing for the inconvenience" over a year later and Pixel phones still not opening the video stream on the stock DJI app when other apps seem to have figured it out....
3-10 12:27
Use props
GeneralMine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 638566 ft
Germany

Still no fix after more than a year.. DJI doesn't seem to care that much.

My suggestion for the tech team is:
It appears that the decoding on the video decoders / graphic chip isn't working properly. By the rate the images are coming through (1 frame every 5-15sec) they might be decoded on the CPU, which takes for ever..
4-12 06:29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

GeneralMine Posted at 4-12 06:29
Still no fix after more than a year.. DJI doesn't seem to care that much.

My suggestion for the tech team is:

Hi GeneralMine. I completely understand your frustration, and I appreciate your detailed insight into the technical issue. I'll make sure to forward your suggestion directly to our tech team for further review and consideration. Thank you for your patience, and I truly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Could you also specify if you are also using Pixel 7 Pro? If yes, please know that it is already compatible with the DJI Fly and DJI Mimo apps. If you are using the DJI GO4, it can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
4-12 11:20
Use props
Kevin Armstrong7
New

United Kingdom

Add me to the list, luckily have an older Sony mobile spare and that works, although smaller than ideal display.
4-25 07:35
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Kevin Armstrong7 Posted at 4-25 07:35
Add me to the list, luckily have an older Sony mobile spare and that works, although smaller than ideal display.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We'll forward this to our relevant team for further review and consideration. Thank you for your understanding.
4-25 15:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules