sudden color shifts/jumps in mini3pro video?
456 7 2023-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tazzt0ne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1240184 ft
Switzerland

i wonder where this jump in colors comes from:

more visible with increased saturation:

i am 99% sure i shot this in custom WB.
any1 else had this?

2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, tazzt0ne. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. We have forwarded your concern to our related team for feedback. We'll update you as soon as it's been reviewed. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
2023-1-15
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even though you're 99% sure you shot this on custom WB, I will say that this was almost certainly shot on AWB.

If you recently updated your FW, most settings will rest to auto.
2023-1-16
Use props
tazzt0ne
lvl.2
Switzerland

CloudVisual Posted at 1-16 01:03
Even though you're 99% sure you shot this on custom WB, I will say that this was almost certainly shot on AWB.

If you recently updated your FW, most settings will rest to auto.

there is no way to tell for sure if it was AWB anymore (from metadata, or subtitles, or what have you), right?

either way, isn't it strange to have such sudden jumps in white balance (or might call this color flicker)?
2023-1-16
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tazzt0ne Posted at 1-16 01:06
there is no way to tell for sure if it was AWB anymore (from metadata, or subtitles, or what have you), right?

either way, isn't it strange to have such sudden jumps in white balance (or might call this color flicker)?

The camera will do this if it's uncertain about the scene. You've got a distant object with a hazy/blue look, so that makes the camera struggle to understand the scene and will adjust to see if it can find something better looking.

If you turn the drone back on, the past settings will be there if you've not changed them and you'll know if it was AWB
2023-1-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. We apologize for the delayed update. We just received feedback from our related team. In Auto mode, the shutter and ISO will be adjusted automatically to ensure that most objects in the entire camera view are properly exposed. Hence, when adjusting the gimbal angle, the darkness change can be seen when there is light and reflect changes in the area being shot, which is more obvious in scenarios with greater changes to lighting. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-6
Use props
tazzt0ne
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 2-6 00:22
Hi there. We apologize for the delayed update. We just received feedback from our related team. In Auto mode, the shutter and ISO will be adjusted automatically to ensure that most objects in the entire camera view are properly exposed. Hence, when adjusting the gimbal angle, the darkness change can be seen when there is light and reflect changes in the area being shot, which is more obvious in scenarios with greater changes to lighting. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

yea obviously
but it wasn't in auto mode.
normally i put custom WB, ISO 100
and let SS on auto (-0.6EV)
but no way to be 100% sure anymore.
still strange that the colors jump back and forth so erratically
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

tazzt0ne Posted at 2-6 03:53
yea obviously
but it wasn't in auto mode.
normally i put custom WB, ISO 100

Thanks for your response. Here are some additional recommendations you may try:
1. Ensure that you have the latest firmware version. You may update or refresh it through the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) software.
2. If possible, kindly perform another test flight and set WB to a fixed value and in Auto. Kindly do a screen recording of the flight.
Please keep us updated. Thank you.
2023-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules