Gimble motor is humming but camera is not moving when powering on
491 3 2023-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martintrudel
lvl.1

United States

Hello,
We have a DJI Mini 2 with gards. Yesterday, my son was hovering it close to the house for a demo to friends. He lightly tapped the side of the house and it fell less than 3 feet on the ground. We put it away and today, we turned it on and the gimbal motor was running but the camera is not going though its normal cycle and not moving. The gimball is making noise when still on the table. When you pick up the drone, turn it 90 degrees, the noise stops. It also stops when you touch the gimble/camera. I looked and the gimble is free in all directions. No sand or dust is stuck anywhere. Firmware is up to date when we looked for updates. The gimball calibration stays at 10% for a long time and finally completes. Flight checklist indicates code 40003, gimbal motor overload. We also calibrated the IMU. Any suggestions or other things to try and check?

Camera

Camera

Camera

Camera
2023-1-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is going to need to be serviced.  Get a service request going, and ship it in.
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the gimbal calibration via the DJI Fly app and check if the issue persists? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. Once you already fill in all the needed information, our team will contact you to provide further information on how to send the product to us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-15
Use props
fans28d0234a
lvl.1

United States

Hello. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it!
Thanks to the internet, a lot of people have solved their issues with less effort (and money) than is required to ship the drone back to DJI. I have not found the right solution though and yes, I did a gimbal calibration with the app on an iPhone 6.
1-With that said, with the list of symptoms that I mentioned, which are very common, what usually is wrong with the gimbal other than dirt and/or the gimbal not moving freely (or pushed back into the body after a crash) or a damaged wire? The drone is rarely used.
2-I read a lot of gimbal issues related to firmware updates. The drone was setup using the app on an iPhone 6. I was reading that it might be better to use the pc app and that updating the firmware on the remote is important to do first before the drone. But then, using different profiles caused issues. Can you please elaborate and make recommendations on best practices for all of us to follow on this topic?
Thanks. Marty
2023-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules