Action 3 new feature request
557 1 2023-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phyvid
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Hi all,
I got action 3 recently and plan to use it for daily & travel vlogs, but I want to be as lightweight as possible and also for security concerns of personal items in some areas, so I don't want to bring my laptop or iPad.

Is it possible for DJI to add a feature on Action 3 that supports a direct USB-C connection with a portable SSD drive, then auto-backup files from the SD card to the external SSD drive? That will be very useful for copying files without any phone/iPad/laptop.

Another solution is using Mimo App to download files onto the phone via WIFI, however, it can only copy to the DJI Album under the DCIM path. I can not find any setting to change the default path to the external storage, so it requires double copying operations which copy to DCIM and then copy again to the external SSD.

Of course, I can buy multiple SD cards for video storage, but it will be great & very practical for me to auto backup onto an external 2TB SSD drive, then plugs to iPad/laptop for direct video editing when I back home, so that it can save a lot of time & effort since the entire process can be done by only one-time copying operation.
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules