Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smartphone compatibility
479 3 2023-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

Hello all,

Now I am aware that DJI publishes a list of phones they've had an opportunity to test if they will work with the app and the Mini 2, so this is more a question of the community's take on things.

Specifically, if I was in the market for a new smartphone, is it wise to stick with the Apple universe or is the Android ecosystem equally successful? I mean, this question is prompted by the fact that some Android phones do seem to have some difficulties whereas it appears that a wider variety of IPhone models seem to be (more) compatible. Again, I'd be interested in any anecdotes/opinions from the community.

2023-1-16
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

Your question could be rewritten as: Should I go with a system that has 1 manufacturer or a system with 100 manufacturers?

Of course the system with the 1 manufacturer is going to be more compatible because they have only 1 line of hardware to worry about. In my opinion, the 2 versions of the app are exactly the same and seem to have the same problems... aside from the processor compatibility issue of mid last year.

The only benefit to Android would be the ability to load a previous version of the app if you have issues with the current version. Other than that, I'd say it comes down to your personal preference on Apple or Android.

Here is a community driven list of phones and tablets that are compatible with the Fly app: https://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go
2023-1-16
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

blue_canyon21 Posted at 1-16 07:31
Your question could be rewritten as: Should I go with a system that has 1 manufacturer or a system with 100 manufacturers?

Of course the system with the 1 manufacturer is going to be more compatible because they have only 1 line of hardware to worry about. In my opinion, the 2 versions of the app are exactly the same and seem to have the same problems... aside from the processor compatibility issue of mid last year.

Thanks blue, your comments are very helpful. Your referred link is worthy of a bookmark!
All the best.
2023-1-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. As you know, DJI will publish compatible devices that have passed official tests on the Compatibility List on its official website. However, due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, the DJI engineers are unable to test all devices. In theory, a device that meets system requirements can be used even if it is not in the Compatibility List, but its stabilization has not been verified. We recommend you download the app first and go to the nearby outlet for testing. About choosing between Android and iOS, it would depend on your preference as mentioned in the comment above. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules