Mavic 3 Classic no sharpness slider? Fringes around contours
2942 30 2023-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lyzarr
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

I can't find a setting to adjust the sharpness on the Mavic 3 Classic? And I mean explicitly to adjust the sharpness down.
What comes out of the camera in normal picture mode is terribly over-sharpened with overly clear fringes around the object contours.
If there really is no sharpness adjustment, this would be unbelievable for a product in this price range.
I know that this oversharpening is less pronounced in the flat color profiles, but I expect to be able to shoot in, say, normal color mode if I so choose, and then get basically usable footage and not oversharpened crap.

After all, it can't be rocket science to add a sharpness slider (with a minus range) in the settings.
The Mavic 1 had this, the Mavic 2 as well, and the Mini 3 Pro has at least recently been supplied with this.
But the customer of a 1,750, - € drone should get along without this function?

2023-1-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Lyzarr. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please note that the DJI Fly app does not have this specific option. We suggest you use MF mode and adjust the settings depending on your preference. On the other hand, we will record your feedback and forward them to our related team for attention. Significant suggestions will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-17
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

The more settings it has the Better it is. More or less DJI  adds features and settings according to what people ask. They are very slow but eventually, they do it. And Mavic 3 will be better and better with more and more features this Year.
2023-1-25
Use props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 616545 ft

Italy

Yes please add sharpness and contrast option!
2023-3-25
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Oh wow, so the Mini 3 has sharpness and noise reduction, but the Mavic 3 lineup doesn't?

I asked DJI to add this to Mavic Air 2 not that long ago and they just said that they prioritize issues which "more users are interested in"...
2023-3-25
Use props
Rob_nj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79911 ft
Czechia

I have the same problem. Video is over sharpness and a lot! And it is big problem for filmmakers...
DJI do something with that please!
You can add sharpness on post production but you cannot never take back...
2023-4-13
Use props
DLHMedia-Anja
lvl.1

United States

Wow... Just flew the Mavic 3 for the first time and looked at the footage and said, "wow, I need to turn down the sharpness like I can on my 6 year old Phantom 4" ....  but not possible?  What is DJI thinking??!!
2023-6-11
Use props
flymydr8ne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120659 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

@dji Tony, whay can't DJI implement this on next firmware update?
2023-6-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

flymydr8ne Posted at 6-13 06:54
@dji Tony, whay can't DJI implement this on next firmware update?

Hi there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-6-23
Use props
fans310d8be2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331171 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Is the new Mavic 3 Pro Flagship a Beta Tester Drone? No Sharpness Slider? Moire in Images?
2023-6-28
Use props
Markus Finholt
lvl.2

Norway

Hey DJI. I'm one of the customers that bought the Mavic 3 classic in hopes of a professional image I can use on high end shoots. Previously I have been using the Mavic 2 Pro, and it has been unbelieveably valuable in creating a good image. The mavic 3 looks cheap in comparison, which is unfortunate. It could be easily fixed by allowing us to reduce the sharpening and noise reduction. Please allow us the same flexibility the Mavic 2 Pro gave us. It feels like being scammed purchasing a much more expensive product with less customizability and less professional features. Thanks.
2023-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Markus Finholt Posted at 11-12 16:20
Hey DJI. I'm one of the customers that bought the Mavic 3 classic in hopes of a professional image I can use on high end shoots. Previously I have been using the Mavic 2 Pro, and it has been unbelieveably valuable in creating a good image. The mavic 3 looks cheap in comparison, which is unfortunate. It could be easily fixed by allowing us to reduce the sharpening and noise reduction. Please allow us the same flexibility the Mavic 2 Pro gave us. It feels like being scammed purchasing a much more expensive product with less customizability and less professional features. Thanks.

Hi, Markus. We assure you that this is not the experience we want you to have. We will forward your feedback to the related department for evaluation. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-11-13
Use props
Markus Finholt
lvl.2

Norway

Any update on this?
2023-11-29
Use props
ffedee7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 212858 ft
Uruguay

I don't have the drone atm, but for the og and pro version, it seems like the feature is on the Style section under Camera settings.
Can you double check if this is right also for the classic? It would not have sense that other drones on the Mavic 3 family have this feature and the classic don't.
Source: (on 6:22)
2023-11-29
Use props
Markus Finholt
lvl.2

Norway

No styles section on the m3c, unfortunately. This is really disappointing.
2023-11-30
Use props
Markus Finholt
lvl.2

Norway

The only reason people buy this drone is for professional quality in a C1 label. If we're not given the option for noise reduction and sharpness options then the whole point of the drone is gone. If this does not get fixed, this will be the last time I'm purchasing a DJI product.
2023-11-30
Use props
ffedee7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 212858 ft
Uruguay

Are you using DLog? I can't believe that this is not available, and it is for the other Mavic 3 series.
2023-11-30
Use props
Markus Finholt
lvl.2

Norway

Yep, I tried all the different picture profiles, HLG, D-log, D-log M, Normal, in both MP4 and MOV.
2023-11-30
Use props
Markus Finholt
lvl.2

Norway

@Djitony is it possible to get an answer to this? Is noise reduction and sharpness deliberately left off the classic?
2023-12-10
Use props
500Miles
lvl.1
Taiwan

Same issue here. Dear DJI, I traded my Phantom 4 Pro for Mavic 3, only to find out that the 10 bit video from 4/3 senor looks like a 1st generation Mavic video, with noise reduction, washed out detail, and oversharpening. What is the problem with adding those 2 small controls for sharpness and noise reduction, given that the drone is targeted for a Pro users, and given that even cheaper Mavic Air 3 has it? Or is it already to old of a drone and the users feedbacks are not worthy of attention anymore?
1-5 06:23
Use props
Markus Finholt
lvl.2

Norway

Bumping this thread.
1-17 15:48
Use props
Markus Finholt
lvl.2

Norway

Dji, why are you refusing to give an answer to this? It's such a simple yes or no question. Are you deliberately refusing to add sharpness and noise reduction options to the M3C?
2-12 05:11
Use props
marwin
lvl.3
Sweden

I really need these settings as well. The Pocket 3, Air 3 and even Mini 3 & 4 Pro have these settings. I actually bought the Mini 4 Pro first and returned it for a more "pro" Mavic 3 Classic instead. Later I discovered that you have deliberately(?) restricted these settings for the Mavic 3 Classic... Why did you do that when your cheaper products have these fundamental settings?! Please make this as the highest and first priority for the next Mavic 3 Classic firmware update.
2-13 05:14
Use props
fans5ff316f8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 369236 ft
Switzerland

DJI, can we please have an update to this issue? My Mavic 3 Classic DNG files are ridiculously over-sharpened. I only use my drone once a month or so and every time I do I’m just crushingly disappointed. Seriously considering dumping the product altogether. I’ve had a Mini before and this is not an acceptable route for me in the future as the image quality is just not there.

I’d also appreciate any feedback on Lightroom profiles. I’ve tried creating my own, but not very successfully.
2-15 10:03
Use props
fans5ff316f8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 369236 ft
Switzerland

DJI, can we please have an update to this issue? My Mavic 3 Classic DNG files are ridiculously over-sharpened. I only use my drone once a month or so and every time I do I’m just crushingly disappointed. Seriously considering dumping the product altogether. I’ve had a Mini before and this is not an acceptable route for me in the future as the image quality is just not there.

I’d also appreciate any feedback on Lightroom profiles. I’ve tried creating my own, but not very successfully.
2-15 10:05
Use props
Markus Finholt
lvl.2

Norway

Bumping this thread
2-20 04:17
Use props
Markus Finholt
lvl.2

Norway

The DJI Avata 2 is now here, and to nobodies surprise it has BOTH noise reduction and sharpness as a slider.
That makes the Mavic 3 Classic the ONLY drone released in the last 2 years to not have those features. DJI is ...ting on their higher paying users by ignoring this issue.
4-11 05:44
Use props
nrwverbot1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 400335 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-1-17 00:14
Hi, Lyzarr. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please note that the DJI Fly app does not have this specific option. We suggest you use MF mode and adjust the settings depending on your preference. On the other hand, we will record your feedback and forward them to our related team for attention. Significant suggestions will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Will anything happen with the sharpness settings anymore? The drone has been on the market for a while now
4-14 04:50
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

nrwverbot1 Posted at 4-14 04:50
Will anything happen with the sharpness settings anymore? The drone has been on the market for a while now

Hi, nrwverbot1. There is no announcement at the moment regarding this matter but we are actively gathering user experiences and feedback and forwarding them to the relevant team to evaluate and optimize the product. Thank you for your patience.
4-15 02:38
Use props
marwin
lvl.3
Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 4-15 02:38
Hi, nrwverbot1. There is no announcement at the moment regarding this matter but we are actively gathering user experiences and feedback and forwarding them to the relevant team to evaluate and optimize the product. Thank you for your patience.

We really need these settings as soon as possible. Please make this as the highest and first priority for the next Mavic 3 Classic firmware update.
4-16 22:39
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

marwin Posted at 4-16 22:39
We really need these settings as soon as possible. Please make this as the highest and first priority for the next Mavic 3 Classic firmware update.

Hello there. We understand the importance of your requests. We will continue submitting your feedback to the related team for consideration. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
4-17 03:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules