Help with purchase combos (controller options)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Between Mavic 3 Classic with controller N1 and RC w/screen purchase options…
(user expereiece highly appreciated)

Is the standard controller N1 really better in the signal department?

I only ask because of the Mini 3 Pro reviews doing range tests had much better results with the standard N1 controller. I was thinking that it could be due to the new M3P design with no vertical antennas that looks really good but has shorter distance despite the advertised range comparing to the Mini 2, but never knew if this will affect the Mavic 3 line as well.

Coming from the Mavic 2 Pro, I don’t have either of the new controllers line up, and fact is that I can purchase the RC for $309 but not the N1 standalone if the latter really have better signal. I could just order the Classic with the N1 controller and purchase the RC but not the other way around, and not ideal, I do want the integrated screen. I won’t be flying 4+ miles like the YT reviewers, but a successful long range distance translate to a very robust signal in urban areas where I fly my craft (and the Mini3Pro was lacking w/RC) currently my M2P with the standard controller have no issues at all, really solid and consistent signal, very capable of a few miles but I want to ensure that the RC w/screen won’t be a downgraded signal strength and dropping bars a lot sooner, etc.
I “test drove” the original Mavic 3 with N1 controller when it was released at the same urban area I fly my M2P, the signal was as strong, it was very robust. Will I feel a difference with the RC with built-in antennas without the extender bracket?

Thank you for reading and recommendations.
-FC

2023-1-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, FRCornelis. Thank you for reaching out. DJI RC was rolled out to reduce consumer costs based on DJI RC-N1’s control with mobile phones. With DJI RC, users can fly their aircraft immediately after powering on, without connecting it to a mobile device and debugging it. In addition, the product design is more simplified in terms of systems, ports, and buttons, but without compromising its control experience. When it comes to the transmission range of the DJI Mavic 3 Classic, both the DJI RC and the RC-N1 can reach up to 15 km (unobstructed, free from interference). We will leave the other Pros and Cons to our DJI Pilots with first-hand experience with the devices for your reference. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2023-1-16
Use props
MaxP4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Some say the RC-N1 controller has a slightly better range, I've tried both but haven't noticed much difference.
However I have always used remotes with integrated display because I find them much more comfortable.
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MaxP4 Posted at 1-17 09:46
Some say the RC-N1 controller has a slightly better range, I've tried both but haven't noticed much difference.
However I have always used remotes with integrated display because I find them much more comfortable.

Hi, there.
Thanks for your feedback and sharing.
Yes, the range of RC-N1 and DJI RC is almost the same. Users can choose according to their actual requirements.

2023-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules