Samsung Galaxy S21 is not able to find DJI Action 2
1813 7 2023-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJINewbieS21
New
Switzerland

I just received my DJI Action 2 and downloaded the MIMO APK. I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 running the latest Android 13 version and the latest One-UI Version 5.0. My Phone does not find the DJI Action 2 when I try to connect it to the MIMO app. When I try the help option, only the Osmo Pocket, Osmo Action, and Osmo Mobile Series are shown but the Action 2 doesn't show up. And please don't reply with that 'your phone is not recommended for use with the DJI Action 2'. It is ridiculous to sell a camera for 500+ USD and then not be able to offer Software that is capable of connecting to the latest mobile phones from big brands. This completely ruins the unboxing experience and expecting your users to write question posts in forums to find a solution is not appropriate.
2023-1-16
Use props
DJINewbieS21
New
Switzerland

I activated it now from the iPhone 13 of a friend. But still extremely inconvenient. Wont be able to use the camera with my phone as it currently looks.
2023-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DJINewbieS21. Thank you for reaching out. Glad to read that you were able to activate the DJI Action 2. Rest assured that the DJI Mimo is compatible with Samsung Galaxy S21 so you can use it with your DJI Action 2. If you encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to post here at DJI Forum again. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-1-16
Use props
Gionnif
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3173156 ft
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-16 18:46
Hi, DJINewbieS21. Thank you for reaching out. Glad to read that you were able to activate the DJI Action 2. Rest assured that the DJI Mimo is compatible with Samsung Galaxy S21 so you can use it with your DJI Action 2. If you encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to post here at DJI Forum again. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Dear DJI team, I've the same issue with DJI Action 2 and Samsung S22. I can't connect to the camera in Mimo by the usual way. It only works if first I manually connect the phone to the wifi of the camera.
This way, of course, I don't have internet so I can't update the firmware.
Is it any possibility, if you can't expand the list of compatible devices, that you will implement a manual update of the firmware?
2023-1-19
Use props
Gionnif
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3173156 ft
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-16 18:46

Dear DJI team, I've the same issue with DJI Action 2 and Samsung S22. I can't connect to the camera in Mimo by the usual way. It only works if  I first manually connect the phone to the wifi of the camera.
Is it any possibility, if you can't expand the list of compatible devices, that you will implement a manual update of the firmware?
2023-1-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Gionnif Posted at 1-19 05:28
Dear DJI team, I've the same issue with DJI Action 2 and Samsung S22. I can't connect to the camera in Mimo by the usual way. It only works if first I manually connect the phone to the wifi of the camera.

Hi, Gionnif. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please know that the Samsung Galaxy S21 is under compatibility testing already but this might take some time. If you're having a problem updating the firmware of DJI Action 2, here are the recommended steps:

1. Power off the camera and restart the mobile phone's Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
2. After clearing the app cache, launch the DJI Mimo again and connect it before updating.
3. Please replace the network and mobile device to have a try.

As for the manual update, I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-21
Use props
FPVGuy2023
lvl.2
Canada

Same here.
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you experience the same issue as the post above? If yes, kindly please follow the troubleshooting steps that DJI Gamora provided on post #6 then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules