Periodic Gimbal Roll
503 7 2023-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirDogExt
lvl.1
United States

Flying an Air2 with the latest firmware update. When transitioning from forward flight to crabbing (left or right), the gimbal will quickly roll and recenter. It is a quick snap by very noticalble when shooting video.

I have recalibrated the gimbal but no luck sorting this out.

Anyone else having this issue or am I just special?

Thanks for any input.
2023-1-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, AirDogExt. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the trouble you encountered. To further confirm the issue, may we kindly ask for a short video showing the issue? Moreover, can you confirm if you are getting any error messages on the app during the said flight? We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-16
Use props
AirDogExt
lvl.1
United States

Tony I sent the file via email. Not receiving any error messages in the app.

Thanks for any help with this issue.
2023-1-17
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Make sure that FPV gimbal mode is off in the three dots menu at the top, control tab.
2023-1-21
Use props
AirDogExt
lvl.1
United States

Thanks. It is off.

I'll continue to play with the settings and see if I can eliminate the issue.
2023-1-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it possible you have can or have reduced the gimbal's maximum roll rates in a gimbal setting somewhere? I do not know if that is possible.
2023-1-21
Use props
AirDogExt
lvl.1
United States

I reset the Gain and Exposure values, not that I had adjusted them. Problem continues. Crab left then right and the gimbal over adjusts and picture skews. Because I am shooting video of vehicles it's a problem.

This only began after the latest update. So maybe just a software glitch somewhere.
2023-1-21
Use props
AirDogExt
lvl.1
United States

Problem resolved. I recalibrated the IMU and the compass and no more gimbal flutter.
2023-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules