949 5 2023-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frederikvester
New
Flight distance : 62264 ft
Denmark

Hi,

I'm currently on a trip in Thailand and for some reason, my DJI Mini Pro 3 loses connection to the RC when only flown 100 meters away or less. A couple of months ago when I last used my drone there were no range issues at all. Now the drone is almost unusable due to the connection being so bad and unreliable. Has anyone had the same issues or have any tips on how to get the range back to normal? I'd love to be able to capture this beautiful country as I was planning to do. Thanks!
2023-1-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, frederikvester. Thank you for notifying us about this concern, and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Here are some recommendations that can help improve the connection:
1. Ensure that the firmware is the latest version. If it already is, refresh it by using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). After updating/refreshing the firmware, relink the drone and the remote controller.
2. Adjust the remote controller antennas' position and ensure it faces the aircraft for optimal transmission. See below:

3. Ensure that the current flight environment signal is good. It is recommended to fly your aircraft in an open area with less wireless interference.
4. Stop other apps from running in the background on your mobile device.
If the issue remains, kindly report back here. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-16
Use props
fanse15d92ce
New
Thailand

Thank you for replying. I just updated my drones firmware and on my last flight I got it to 300 meters distance before it lost connection and automatically returned to home.

I have flown it many different places now and the problem is the same everywhere.

The screen is on the RC so there is no apps running in the background.

I’m trying to point the RC at the drone at all times. I have flown DJI for many years and this is the first time I’ve run into this problem.

Also I tried flying mine at the same location as somebody with the exact same drone right after him. His drone had no connection issues. Mine lost connection at 200 meters multiple times.
2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse15d92ce Posted at 1-18 00:22
Thank you for replying. I just updated my drones firmware and on my last flight I got it to 300 meters distance before it lost connection and automatically returned to home.

I have flown it many different places now and the problem is the same everywhere.

Hi, there.
Thanks for your update. May we know if you bought the drone in Thailand?
If yes, and if you still meet this problem, please contact the local reseller for further assistance.
If not, you can try to use this link to start a repair case: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav

Here is more related information about Thailand DJI ASC:
Thailand DJI ASC: DJI Thailand Service Center(TIG)
Address:No. 65/30 & 65/31, 2nd Floor, Chamnan Phenjati Business Center, Rama 9 Road, Huaykwang Sub-district, Huaykwang District, Bangkok Metropolis 10310
Contact Person: DJI Thailand Service Center
Phone Number:+66626032388
Email: djiservicecenter.thai@gmail.com
Working Time:Mon-Sat, 10 am -7 pm

2023-1-18
Use props
fanse15d92ce
New
Thailand

Thanks again. I bought the drone about half a year ago in Denmark.
2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse15d92ce Posted at 1-18 01:27
Thanks again. I bought the drone about half a year ago in Denmark.

You are welcome and thanks for your patience.
Please don't worry and start a case for a further check when possible, we will also keep you updated via Email.
Should you have any more needs, please feel free to let us know.
2023-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules