Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WKKL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 681283 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

HI ..

Anyway have experience with the LTE Dongle?

Planning to get one but not sure it it also works on normal RC

or need to Have RC Pro?

Thank you.
2023-1-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It can work on RC Pro and RC N1. With the RC Pro, you don't need the 2nd dongle because you can connect the Pro to wifi or hotspot from your phone and it works.
2023-1-17
Use props
WKKL
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

HI Suren.

Oh - so with RC Pro  I dont need the dongle attached to the Mavic 3?

Is there a dongle inside the RC pro already of do I need to buy the Dongle Sepreately?

Thank you...
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, WKKL. Thank you for reaching out.  DJI RC-N1 and DJI RC Pro can be used with DJI Cellular Dongle (LTE USB Modem but DJI RC does not support the Dongle currently. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website for new information. In addition, using the DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle is only supported for users in Mainland China, and not those outside Mainland China. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

WKKL Posted at 1-17 00:54
HI Suren.

Oh - so with RC Pro  I dont need the dongle attached to the Mavic 3?

You can put a dongle in the RC Pro but it is not needed anymore because you can connect the RC Pro to your house wifi or just hotspot to your phone internet when on the field and it works, I use it this way but I must say that you will have a better 4G signal from RC Pro to drone if you have a Dji dongle in the RC Pro hence I ordered another one.
2023-1-17
Use props
WKKL
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 03:56
Hi, WKKL. Thank you for reaching out.  DJI RC-N1 and DJI RC Pro can be used with DJI Cellular Dongle (LTE USB Modem but DJI RC does not support the Dongle currently. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website for new information. In addition, using the DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle is only supported for users in Mainland China, and not those outside Mainland China. Thank you for your support.

Thank you...
Yes I know the support is only for China..

Thank you
2023-1-17
Use props
WKKL
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Suren Posted at 1-17 10:07
You can put a dongle in the RC Pro but it is not needed anymore because you can connect the RC Pro to your house wifi or just hotspot to your phone internet when on the field and it works, I use it this way but I must say that you will have a better 4G signal from RC Pro to drone if you have a Dji dongle in the RC Pro hence I ordered another one.

Thanks Suren..

I am contemplating if I should get the RC Pro... Its rather Ex...
Shall try with Dongle on the M3 first and see how that performs..
Sometime I wonder Why I even want to get it I hardly fly my Drone beyond 1KM.. but
the thought of unlimited range seems so cool

Anyway shall share more once I get it.. and try it...

Cheers!
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WKKL Posted at 1-17 22:50
Thank you...
Yes I know the support is only for China..

Hi, WKKL. You're most welcome. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us here at DJI Forum. Have a safe flight always!
2023-1-18
Use props
WKKL
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

HI All,

Finally got my Dongle.. last week from China.

Got home to Singapore - excited.. installed ... tried but it didn't work
The Green light shows on the Dongle so I assume its connected to Cell network.
Profile -> Device Management also shows the dongle serial number so that mean its reading.

However the Screen still no 4G signal.

Anyone know how to trouble shoot this?

Thank you..
Much appreciated in Advance..
2023-4-2
Use props
Raven Chia
New

Malaysia

WKKL Posted at 4-2 23:20
HI All,

I'm doing some research on this as well. Seen someone saying it will only work on network service provider with TDD-LTE 4G Band. Which network service provider are you using? Singtel?
2023-4-15
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 03:56
Hi, WKKL. Thank you for reaching out.  DJI RC-N1 and DJI RC Pro can be used with DJI Cellular Dongle (LTE USB Modem but DJI RC does not support the Dongle currently. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website for new information. In addition, using the DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle is only supported for users in Mainland China, and not those outside Mainland China. Thank you for your support.

When the Mavic 3 was originally announced by DJI there was no mention that it would only work in Mainland China.
Kinda an oversight and false advertising!
2023-4-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

At the moment, it will only work for controlling the drone in countries with regulations that permit it. The dongle that fits the RC Pro works just the same as your phone hotspot, but you have to buy a data plan for it.
2023-4-16
Use props
WKKL
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-16 07:42
At the moment, it will only work for controlling the drone in countries with regulations that permit it. The dongle that fits the RC Pro works just the same as your phone hotspot, but you have to buy a data plan for it.

Which are the countries that regulations permit it?  Is there a list?

Thank you..
2023-4-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

WKKL Posted at 4-17 00:15
Which are the countries that regulations permit it?  Is there a list?

Thank you..

As far as i know, the list is very short. China
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Visual Air Posted at 4-16 07:04
When the Mavic 3 was originally announced by DJI there was no mention that it would only work in Mainland China.
Kinda an oversight and false advertising!

Hi, Visual Air. The device I mentioned that is currently only supported in Mainland China was the DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle. The Mavic 3 can be used in other countries like Canada. Please feel free to use your Mavic 3 in accordance with the law and regulations of your country. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-4-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WKKL Posted at 4-2 23:20
HI All,

Hi, WKKL. Currently, the DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle is still only supported for users in Mainland China. If you are already in Singapore, it might not really work as of now. The DJI Cellular Dongle will be available in other regions soon. Please stay tuned.
2023-4-20
Use props
WKKL
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-20 01:56
Hi, WKKL. Currently, the DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle is still only supported for users in Mainland China. If you are already in Singapore, it might not really work as of now. The DJI Cellular Dongle will be available in other regions soon. Please stay tuned.

Thanks for the update... I hope it will be soon.. or the 1 year Subscription for this year will be wasted...
2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WKKL Posted at 5-3 16:20
Thanks for the update... I hope it will be soon.. or the 1 year Subscription for this year will be wasted...

Hi, WKKL. You're most welcome. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-5
Use props
rsp355
lvl.1

Australia

Hello,

Has there been any progress on making the 4G LTE Dongle available for the Australian region?
2023-6-13
Use props
helio.br.us
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222244 ft
Brazil

I saw  in the Mavicpilots forum
Dongle LTE is backing working in china and also in  Australia
2023-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now