Need Mini 3 Pro RC with Display for Avata in EU
1390 17 2023-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jojo.F
lvl.1
Flight distance : 284144 ft
Germany

Here you only can fly with goggles if you have a 2.nd person as spotter available. This is really bad for instantly fly with hte Avata anywhere.
Also the solution with the FPV-Controller without an Display so you have again to use cables and smartphone is awful!
Many have an Mini 3 pro with DJI RC also and it would be incredible to use this DJI RC with the nice included Display for use with the Avata.
Also I would think many Avata Users would buy this RC if they would work with the Avata.
Only in this combination all will make sense!

I love my new Avata but I really really miss the comfort of using my RC with Display from my Mini 3 pro!

Please DJI, make both compatible!
And no, it's not necessary to include there the manual mode, because without Goggles it doesn't make much sense.
The DJI RC here should simply open a big new way of comfort in usage and more flight options especcially in Europe!

Sorry, but smartphone driven fly is really outdated and a really mess!

2023-1-17
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

Hi,I do use an old smartphone with an adapter for the remote2. It works very well.But that's also a pity that this kind of adapter is not provided by DJI...

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5713868

AvataPhoneHolder_Disco2.jpg
2023-1-17
Use props
jojo.F
lvl.1
Germany

So I had to buy this Controller but I din't need them... don't like them (I was lucky about the new RC on mini3!) ... and with a smartphone, yes, it works, but if you have the controller of the Mini 3 you don't want such an oldscool solution.
For DJI it should be an easy thing to make it compatible (also ok if not all functions are available!), so it is only software.

Otherwise, why shoould I but DJI components in the future if they are not compatible without technical reasons? I think many here hope of a bit more compatibility.
The Avara and also the RC from the mini have the same connection standard so it should be easy to integrate it. ;)

Also I'm not alone with this wish ... look at many questions in the whole web ... nobody understands it and wait.... *
Hope*
2023-1-17
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

I sincerely understand your concern...

But currently the only controllers for the avata are :
- motion controller (mandatory to buy with the avata pack...)
- the remote2 (the one for the DJI FPV) if you want to enter into manual mode --> should be delivered with the avata pack... but is not...
2023-1-17
Use props
jojo.F
lvl.1
Germany

Yes, that is the actual situation. Hopefully DJI will read here...? ;)
DJI seems to be not a typical asian manufacturer who is ignoring his customer base... so I have hope! I like DJIs products and now we will see...

The motion controller is my favorite, but also here are problems without goggles. It works as funny fly around training set as only Avata + Motion Controller, but the smartphone is only to connect per googles wat is also a bad thing in handling and make things worse. Or is there an update and you can connect smartphone directly with the Avata? Also this would be a feature what I would like.
The generally problem of handling the Avata are too much cables between the equipment. ;) Uaaaah.... that is killing the option to have make an instant fun flight.Also this is a reason why I love the Mini3 RC because this is all in one and to start in seconds without the need to connect anything onto anything first.

2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, jojo.F. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your suggestions. We understand your preference, and we can see how this would provide you with a better user experience. The DJI RC is only currently compatible with the DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mini 3, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, and DJI Air 2S. What we will do is, record your request and forward them to our DJI Developers for attention. We hope the DJI Avata will be added to the list of compatible drones for the DJI RC. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-17
Use props
jojo.F
lvl.1
Germany

Hi, thank you for replay and hopefully developers can do it!
Greetings!
2023-1-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jojo.F Posted at 1-18 01:02
Hi, thank you for replay and hopefully developers can do it!
Greetings!

It would be very nice but I would not hold you breath
2023-1-19
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

In Germany FPV flying without spotter is possible under certain circumstances:
  • membership of DMFV or MFSD
  • keep drone under 30m and within VLOS distance (the max. distance you can operate the Avata in real VLOS)

2023-1-19
Use props
jojo.F
lvl.1
Germany

- Membership ... yes, but
- under 30m no, this is canceled
2023-1-19
Use props
Ayeco
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-17 22:14
Hi, jojo.F. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your suggestions. We understand your preference, and we can see how this would provide you with a better user experience. The DJI RC is only currently compatible with the DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mini 3, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, and DJI Air 2S. What we will do is, record your request and forward them to our DJI Developers for attention. We hope the DJI Avata will be added to the list of compatible drones for the DJI RC. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

I stopped by the DJI website and forum today specifically to see if the RC is yet compatible with the Avata.  Add me to the list desiring RC support for the Avata, but in the US.

I rarely am able to find a spotter to help me fly, so my Avata sits around more than I'd like.  I'd love to be able to fly it with an RC instead of FPV only.  Yes, it's an FPV drone, and that's why I got it, but sometimes I just want to fly casually, legally, without buying another drone and controller (at that point why not shop beyond DJI).

Thanks.
2023-1-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The necessary control options (e.g. the required buttons, "loosening" the sticks, ... ) for a FPV drone are generally not available in the DJI RC (M3Pro etc.), so you should completely ignore such considerations...
2023-1-29
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

... for manual flight mode. For N and S mode the RC of the Mini 3 would work just fine.
2023-1-30
Use props
jojo.F
lvl.1
Germany

Yes, I don't need the manual mode. It's only for fly with N/S modes without the goggles but with the comfort of the included display.
2023-1-30
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3432372 ft
United States

jojo.F Posted at 1-30 05:14
Yes, I don't need the manual mode. It's only for fly with N/S modes without the goggles but with the comfort of the included display.

Why do you want the Avata to work exactly the same as a Mavic? That completely defeats the purpose, particularly if you only plan to fly in Normal/Sport modes. It literally flies the exact same as a Mavic in those modes with the FPV controller, but then is less stable than a Mavic (particularly in wind) with an inferior camera and gimbal.

If you wanted to fly manual with an RC screen, I guess that's a thing you could do, but the whole point of FPV is that the goggles give you the immersive perspective for precision control that manual flying requires.
2023-1-30
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Per my understanding the aim is to fly with the goggles and the second person (the spotter) can view the screen.
I never heard that a person looking at the screen qualifies as spotter. Just the opposite in fact. He must look at the drone without any aids. That is the entire purpose of the spotter. Not even normal piloting is allowed via RC display only. You must look at the drone directly at all times.

Happy to learn though, would appreciate links that proof me wrong.
2023-1-30
Use props
jojo.F
lvl.1
Germany

No, I (also others) would like to fly without a spotter (not every time is one available and also it's not so perfect nothing to see around me) with the Avata. It's absolute not the same like with a Mini 3 because the Mini I fly really carefully to make great photos only but the Avata instead is my fun drohne and I don't fly her to be careful. ;)
So I can't fly when ever I like and the FPV Controller has no advantage vor me if I also have to use the goggles or have to put on cables, holders and so on to a smartphone... uaaah, a big step back for me.

I love the controller with the display on my mini 3 and would love to ise them on my Abata also easily.
2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ayeco Posted at 1-29 20:48
I stopped by the DJI website and forum today specifically to see if the RC is yet compatible with the Avata.  Add me to the list desiring RC support for the Avata, but in the US.

I rarely am able to find a spotter to help me fly, so my Avata sits around more than I'd like.  I'd love to be able to fly it with an RC instead of FPV only.  Yes, it's an FPV drone, and that's why I got it, but sometimes I just want to fly casually, legally, without buying another drone and controller (at that point why not shop beyond DJI).

Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to gather such requests and forward them to our designated team. In case you need further assistance, kindly reach us back. Thank you, and keep safe.
2023-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules