1208 4 2023-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157133 ft
  • >>>
United States

So after a lot of thought I have decided to sell my Mavic 3E. I bought it originally to replace my Phantom 4 Pros but as documented here on the forums it’s simply not capable enough.  As a result I just purchased a Mavic 3 Classic to supplement the shortcomings of the M3E and the image quality is just amazing.

Since I already have 10 batteries for the P4Ps I have decided to just keep it for my mapping (I’ve never had a single complaint from a client) and sell the M3E. When I was shopping for the M3E it was out of stock almost everywhere and I ended up having to purchase it from a small surveying company that will not take it back even with a restocking fee.

So here where I’m at-
I paid about $3700 total.
I flew the drone exactly 2 times.

-Adorama and MPB offered me $2400 and $2500 respectively.
-EBay takes almost 10% so even selling it for $3000, it would bet about the same.
-I live in a very small area so the likes of Craigslist or Facebook marketplace won’t work and I don’t have FB anyway.
-Doesn’t seem like there’s any real protection from a site line DroneTrader.
Does anyone have any idea where I could sell this M3E at a reasonable price. Say $3000?  Or am I just looking at a massive loss?

Thanks for any ideas.
2023-1-17
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

I'm afraid for the massive loss as it devaluates faster than cars due to the risk/usage/... you could keep it and try later for the same price. You never know a business opportunity may show up.
2023-1-17
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157133 ft
  • >>>
United States

Arnor Posted at 1-17 06:14
I'm afraid for the massive loss as it devaluates faster than cars due to the risk/usage/... you could keep it and try later for the same price. You never know a business opportunity may show up.

The worst part is that I was just trying to simplify and declutter my life and my cabinets and now I have more drones than when I started.
2023-1-17
Use props
Alaska Drone Photography
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5157523 ft
United States

The 3E is a great drone. What is your bottom line price? I live in Alaska. Could you ship it?
Thanks, ADP.
2023-5-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with ADP above.  It is a very capable drone - and I found when paired with the right software, such as Dronelink, that it is invaluable.  Being able to knock out mapping projects and even video and photo projects with speed and precision.  It is definitely not the drone I was hoping it would be, the missing features that the consumer drones have kind of hurts, but on it's own merit, the 3E is a stand out drone.
2023-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules