More problems with Mini 3 Pro
2797 13 2023-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slightly muddy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So I got a replacement Mini 3 Pro after the first one recieved in december, developed faults on the front and rear sensors. Now the new one has issues; every time I try to use the intelligent features, active tract, point of interest, the RC loses the camera feed and the drone attempts to land. Oddly, if this is overridden, it is clear that the tracking function is working, but the screen on the RC is frozen until you land and start again. Maybe I'm just unlucky? Two faulty drones in a row? :-(
2023-1-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm going to have to say I think that you are a bit unlucky.  I bought 2 Mini 3 Pros and both work really well.  I'm not seeing the freezing screen when using AT or POI.  

Have you tried to refresh the software on the Mini 3 Pro and controller via DJI Assistant 2 software?  By the way, there is a new Assistant 2 Consume Drone Series out that was just released on January 4th (v2.1.15).
2023-1-17
Use props
slightly muddy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-17 10:51
I'm going to have to say I think that you are a bit unlucky.  I bought 2 Mini 3 Pros and both work really well.  I'm not seeing the freezing screen when using AT or POI.  

Have you tried to refresh the software on the Mini 3 Pro and controller via DJI Assistant 2 software?  By the way, there is a new Assistant 2 Consume Drone Series out that was just released on January 4th (v2.1.15).

I did. Now trying to share the requested log files with support, which isn't easy as they are huge >1Gb
2023-1-17
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

slightly muddy Posted at 1-17 10:58
I did. Now trying to share the requested log files with support, which isn't easy as they are huge >1Gb

You can use google drive or Dropbox for free to share that.
2023-1-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

slightly muddy Posted at 1-17 10:58

Yeah, I use dropbox when I need to share files with DJI Customer Support.  Has worked well in the  past.
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, slightly muddy. Thank you for reaching out. Sorry to read that you're having a problem with the replacement drone. Are you getting any error messages? By the way, just like Prezzodrone and DowntownRDB mentioned, you may upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link to the support that you're talking to. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-18
Use props
Davidwang
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, I have a new DJI MINI 3 PRO. After update the firmware, the FWD AND BKWD vision sensors unavailable. I have use the latest DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to calibrate the sensors. But after take off, the sensors still not available. Please advise.
2023-1-18
Use props
slightly muddy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-18 00:43
Hi, slightly muddy. Thank you for reaching out. Sorry to read that you're having a problem with the replacement drone. Are you getting any error messages? By the way, just like Prezzodrone and DowntownRDB mentioned, you may upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link to the support that you're talking to. Thank you for your support.

Did that this morning 9am GMT but no response from support
2023-1-18
Use props
slightly muddy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Davidwang Posted at 1-18 12:09
Hi, I have a new DJI MINI 3 PRO. After update the firmware, the FWD AND BKWD vision sensors unavailable. I have use the latest DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to calibrate the sensors. But after take off, the sensors still not available. Please advise.

I had exactly the same problem with the first Mini 3 Pro I had. In the end they agreed sending it for "repair" but actually they just sent this new one where the intelligent flight mode doesn't work. If yours is like mine then in calibration on the Assistant software the little feeds of the sensors on the bottom left of the screen will be blank, or at least some will. Indicating, as I read it, that there is no feed from the sensors.
2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

slightly muddy Posted at 1-18 13:01
Did that this morning 9am GMT but no response from support

Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience. It seems that the support escalated your concern to our relevant team for further checking. Rest assured that they will contact you once they received a response. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-1-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Davidwang Posted at 1-18 12:09

Hello, Davidwang. Thank you for reaching out. Sorry to read about the vision sensors, they should be enabled when you already take off the aircraft. To further assist you on this, can you please provide us with a video of the operation along with the current firmware versions of the aircraft and RC? We will wait for your update. Thank you.
2023-1-21
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

slightly muddy Posted at 1-18 13:05
I had exactly the same problem with the first Mini 3 Pro I had. In the end they agreed sending it for "repair" but actually they just sent this new one where the intelligent flight mode doesn't work. If yours is like mine then in calibration on the Assistant software the little feeds of the sensors on the bottom left of the screen will be blank, or at least some will. Indicating, as I read it, that there is no feed from the sensors.

I sent back my first Mini 3 Pro and I got my new one two weeks ago, although I have only finally been able to fly it and put it through it's paces in the last few days.

Initially the screen map on the bottom left wasn't working, but a BIG Firmware update soon cured this.

I then took it out and did some photography this morning with a 32 ND Filter in the sun and mist and got some lovely results at 12MP JPEG/RAW, very pleased.

Then just before sunset I took it out again up the road from me which is the highest point around here, (rural) and took it out to 3.7 km away. I then chickened out never having gone that far before with my Mini SE but it still had a couple of bars in the signal.

It does seem like there are some duff batches out there, my first Mini Pro 3 was just taking awful photos, the Raw files were unusable and I reckon it must have had a chip or lens problem. New one seems fine and very happy with results.

I have to say using ND filters improves the photos remarkably and I won't fly without them now.

Cheers

Michael
2023-1-21
Use props
slightly muddy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Still no response from DJI support about this after over a week. Not at all impressed.
2023-1-24
Use props
Mareza Akbari
New

Iran

[b]During the flight, the Radio RC connection with the Mini 3 Pro UAV was disconnected and the UAV returned to its home point, but now, no matter what I try, I can't establish the connection between the radio and the UAV twice. The last upgrade of the RC radio and Mini 3 Pro drone was done through DJI Assistant 2, but they still could not connect.
Help me please
Thankful
2023-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules