Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Remote control no longer connecting to OnePlus 8 Pro
1937 9 2023-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
docwhiskey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2631598 ft
Jersey

I have previously been able to control my DJI mini 2 with the remote and my OnePlus 8 Pro - however since a software update, when I open the app it is unable to connect to the remote.
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, docwhiskey. Thank you for reaching out. Sorry to read that you're not able to connect your phone to the RC after the update. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Please confirm if you have a protective case covering your mobile phone. If so, remove it and try connecting again.
2. Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable (from both the mobile phone and the remote controller), waiting 10 seconds before reconnecting the USB cable. If possible, retry with another USB cable.
① Please make sure that the cable is connected to the correct port (need to use the connection port for the phone's connection) as the picture showed:

② Please plug one end of the cable in normally and upside or further checking.
3. Restart the remote controller.
4. When using an Android device, if there is a prompt, be sure to tap [OK].

When DJI Fly is being used, USB Debugging must be enabled in the mobile phone system.

Enabling “USB Debugging” with an Android device. Please follow the steps below:
1. Go to [System Settings] > [About Mobile Phone].
2. Tap “Version Number” quickly 7 to 10 times (If the mobile phone has a screen-lock password, please input the correct password in accordance with the system instructions) until the mobile phone displays: “You’re in developer mode!”
3. Search for “Development” in the [System Settings].
4. Go to [Developer Options];
5. Slide the view up and down on the page until you see the “USB Debugging” option.
6. If the issue persists please try another device and try to switch to a device with a different operating system (Android <--> iOS).

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-17
Use props
docwhiskey
lvl.1
Jersey

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 20:10
Hi, docwhiskey. Thank you for reaching out. Sorry to read that you're not able to connect your phone to the RC after the update. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Please confirm if you have a protective case covering your mobile phone. If so, remove it and try connecting again.

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I have tried all of these, as found similar suggestions on other posts. However, it still doesn't work on my phone. It does, on the other hand, work with an iPhone - so it's very likely to be that the controller is no longer compatible with OnePlus 8 pro - which is really frustrating and something that DJI may look into? I'd rather a solution that avoids me having to buy a second phone to use my drone
2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

docwhiskey Posted at 1-18 07:08
Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I have tried all of these, as found similar suggestions on other posts. However, it still doesn't work on my phone. It does, on the other hand, work with an iPhone - so it's very likely to be that the controller is no longer compatible with OnePlus 8 pro - which is really frustrating and something that DJI may look into? I'd rather a solution that avoids me having to buy a second phone to use my drone

Hi, docwhiskey. We understand where your coming from. I will forward this concern to our relevant team for further checking. I'll update you once I receive feedback. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-1-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I have tried all of these, as found similar suggestions on other posts. However, it still doesn't work on my phone. It does, on the other hand, work with an iPhone - so it's very likely to be that the controller is no longer compatible with OnePlus 8 pro - which is really frustrating and something that DJI may look into? I'd rather a solution that avoids me having to buy a second phone to use my drone

Hi, docwhiskey. We have sent you a PM, kindly check. Thank you.
2023-1-25
Use props
docwhiskey
lvl.1
Jersey

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-25 05:14
Hi, docwhiskey. We have sent you a PM, kindly check. Thank you.

Hi, how do I see PMs?
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

docwhiskey Posted at 1-25 05:20
Hi, how do I see PMs?

Hi, docwhiskey. You may click the Personal Message icon under my Profile on this post or you may also check the notification bell on the top right side, you should be able to see Messages under it. Please see the images below for your reference. Thank you.

2023-1-28
Use props
djiuser_cDlbNz5TbDl6
New
Flight distance : 47877 ft
Singapore

This is quite a concern. I have a Oneplus 10 pro phone and it was fine connecting with the remote controller until that app update. I regret updating the app version.

Now I cannot connect to the remote at all.

DJI, please help an add ALL oneplus ohone to ur list. Both of you are Chinese companies and should be compatible with one another.

Frustrating that I cannot use the drone for my trip next week.
2023-5-26
Use props
djiuser_tcVIYIh9FKzj
New

Canada

Was there ever a solution found for this? I just purchased a DJI mini 2 and when I tried to connect it to my OnePlus 8 Pro, it won't work

Any solution??
2023-8-14
Use props
djiuser_DcoAxgXr2SGI
New

Canada

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I have tried all of these, as found similar suggestions on other posts. However, it still doesn't work on my phone. It does, on the other hand, work with an iPhone - so it's very likely to be that the controller is no longer compatible with OnePlus 8 pro - which is really frustrating and something that DJI may look into? I'd rather a solution that avoids me having to buy a second phone to use my drone

How come the OnePlus 7 pro isn't compatible with the controllers.  My phone runs on Android 10so I don't get it why this is super frustrating that I would have to buy a second phone just to be able to fly my drone around properly
2023-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules