How to quickly filter the LRF files on the disk or memory card
982 5 2023-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

If you have a Mac, you can create a Shortcut (using the Shortcuts app) to quickly filter the pesky LRF files. The Shortcuts app is a new addition to the Monterey (and newer) operating system.

Once you create a shortcut, it will be available at various places on the Finder. You can simply select the folder where the camera files reside and execute the action. A new window will open where all the files except the LRF files will be selected. Now you can just drag the files (or copy-paste them) to your desired location.

If you have a lot of media files on the card and you don't care about the LRF files, this will save you some time from manually deselecting them all. And if you care about the LRF files, then you can save time by not doing any of this :-)

If you are on Windows, well, then you can either buy a Mac or create a script yourself :-)

Enjoy!

2023-1-17
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I only use Windows and the software I love using for all kind of file operations is a software named Magellan Explorer.
It is really close to Directory Opus (Amiga days) where you have a lot of functions to make life easier with handling files.
And I have one button where I can choose to select with parameters like: *.mp4 and then copy all .mp4 files to harddrive. It's great when sorting files in a folder.

It's worth buying and it's cheap: https://www.enriva.com

Edit: But good tip you had here for the old Mac(intosh)

2023-1-17
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Us poor Windows users use folders box. Click on card.  In search at top of  folders box, type *.mp4. Select them all and copy or drag to where you want them.
2023-1-17
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

You can do "*.mp4" search on the Mac, too. But when you are mixing JPG sand DNGs and MP4s, too, then you have to keep searching and copying multiple times. Blah....
2023-1-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

win 11sucks its an  extra step if asked  to select all.
2023-1-17
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you use ‘Control + A’
2023-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules