Can't Update Firmware
8864 19 2023-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Caleb V
lvl.1

United States

I currently have V01.00.0800 install on my Mavic 3 and I've tried to update to both V01.00.0900 and V01.00.1000 but It keeps failing.
In DJI Fly mobile app, it gets stuck at 67% like so:

mavic 3 mobile updating.jpg

And eventually shows "update failed" with error code 0x112105600002:

mavic 3 mobile update failed.jpg

In DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) desktop app, it gets stuck at 82%, reboots about 3 times, and then shows "update failed" with two different error codes: 1-2-6 and 0x02a134 as you can see from this screenshot:

mavic 3 update error.jpg

Both remote and aircraft are over 50% battery. I've tried rebooting and restarting everything. I've changed USB cables and ports. I've tried on my PC and Mac.

How can I update my drone?
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Caleb. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience. Since the aircraft is not updating on both software after the steps you provided, it is highly suggested to send it into our facility for diagnostic. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-1-17
Use props
Caleb V
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 19:48
Hi Caleb. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience. Since the aircraft is not updating on both software after the steps you provided, it is highly suggested to send it into our facility for diagnostic. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

This sounds like a last resort. Can we not start with analizing logs from the drone or something? I'm not interested in paying repair service costs for something that can potentially be diagnosed, at a minimum, via support communication.
2023-1-18
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Try to refresh the existing firmware before installing the new one.
2023-1-18
Use props
Caleb V
lvl.1

United States

Niknik Posted at 1-18 07:52
Try to refresh the existing firmware before installing the new one.

I have done that and it successfully refreshed the existing V01.00.0800 firmware. Which is another reason why I feel like sending it in isn't the solution. It's definitely just a software issue.
2023-1-18
Use props
BladeZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

Caleb V Posted at 1-18 07:54
I have done that and it successfully refreshed the existing V01.00.0800 firmware. Which is another reason why I feel like sending it in isn't the solution. It's definitely just a software issue.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the DJI Assistant software?  I had this problem once and that the solution that worked for me.
2023-1-18
Use props
Caleb V
lvl.1

United States

BladeZ Posted at 1-18 08:59
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the DJI Assistant software?  I had this problem once and that the solution that worked for me.

Just tried this, full uninstall, reboot, install of the latest, but same thing. When I connected the drone, I got this message again:

mavic 3 refresh firmware.jpg

So I refreshed the current firmware and it was successful again. Then I tried updating to V01.00.1000 but it got stuck at 82% with the same error codes.
2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Caleb V Posted at 1-18 07:31
This sounds like a last resort. Can we not start with analizing logs from the drone or something? I'm not interested in paying repair service costs for something that can potentially be diagnosed, at a minimum, via support communication.

Hi, Caleb. Thank you for the reply. Based on the detailed information that you have provided and especially on the error codes that you received, this issue cannot be resolved remotely. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2023-1-21
Use props
djiuser_X2WxXMzD2xbn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256808 ft
United Kingdom

I am having exactly the same problem

Was there ever a solution?
2023-7-22
Use props
djiuser_X2WxXMzD2xbn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It’s so annoying- really don’t want to have to send this back to be fixed. Please can you advise
2023-7-22
Use props
Caleb V
lvl.1

United States

There was no solution for me other than sending it in. There was a hardward issue with the main board. Supposedly it would've been covered under warranty, however the drone was bought outside the U.S. (while on a shoot overseas) so they wouldn't cover it and it cost me $400.
2023-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_X2WxXMzD2xbn Posted at 7-22 15:31
I am having exactly the same problem

Was there ever a solution?

Hello there, I'm sorry about the experience.  Can you please try these steps: First power off and reboot the remote controller and aircraft. Please make sure you're using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) if you're trying to upgrade it from your computer. You can also try updating the firmware from the Fly App. If that still fails, try using a different phone with the Fly app downloaded (For example, switch an iOS device to an Android device). Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
• Before updating, ensure that the battery level of the device (remote controller or aircraft) is above 50%.
• While updating, do not power off the aircraft or disconnect the USB cable. Otherwise, the update may fail.
• While updating, the device may automatically reboot several times. Do nothing before the update is completed to avoid affecting the normal updating process.
I hope this helps. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-24
Use props
djiuser_X2WxXMzD2xbn
lvl.1
Turkey

Caleb V Posted at 7-23 12:57
There was no solution for me other than sending it in. There was a hardward issue with the main board. Supposedly it would've been covered under warranty, however the drone was bought outside the U.S. (while on a shoot overseas) so they wouldn't cover it and it cost me $400.

Thanks Caleb, so annoying

I bought it just before a holiday I’m now on - did you fly yours with the previous firmware version. Just wondering if I risk it for the next two weeks and get it sorted when I get back home
2023-7-24
Use props
djiuser_X2WxXMzD2xbn
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Tony Posted at 7-24 02:52
Hello there, I'm sorry about the experience.  Can you please try these steps: First power off and reboot the remote controller and aircraft. Please make sure you're using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) if you're trying to upgrade it from your computer. You can also try updating the firmware from the Fly App. If that still fails, try using a different phone with the Fly app downloaded (For example, switch an iOS device to an Android device). Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
• Before updating, ensure that the battery level of the device (remote controller or aircraft) is above 50%.
• While updating, do not power off the aircraft or disconnect the USB cable. Otherwise, the update may fail.

Let me try with the fly app later on today - I’ve tried all of your other suggestions with no job
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_X2WxXMzD2xbn Posted at 7-24 05:12
Let me try with the fly app later on today - I’ve tried all of your other suggestions with no job

Hi. I hope it works. Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-24
Use props
djiuser_X2WxXMzD2xbn
lvl.1
Turkey

Hi Tony - exactly the same problem

Let me know if there is anything more I can do or if I need to send it back

2023-7-25
Use props
djiuser_X2WxXMzD2xbn
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Tony Posted at 7-24 19:21
Hi. I hope it works. Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.

Hi Tony

Exactly the same problem

Let me know if there is anything more I need to do, or if I need to send it to you

2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_X2WxXMzD2xbn Posted at 7-25 07:59
Hi Tony

Exactly the same problem

Hi there. Seems like possible has already been tried. We advise sending the units to our facility for diagnosis. You may submit a repair request using the following link: https://repair.dji.com/gb/repair/index. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-25
Use props
djiuser_Q16jdhSM5Gia
New

Malaysia

Hi im from malaysia,  my dji mini 2 cannot update new fireware 2023. Stop at 40%. I have try update 3 batri have been use haha 40% stop now i cannot fly back tu my home pls help me tq
2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_Q16jdhSM5Gia Posted at 8-20 00:39
Hi im from malaysia,  my dji mini 2 cannot update new fireware 2023. Stop at 40%. I have try update 3 batri have been use haha 40% stop now i cannot fly back tu my home pls help me tq

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. In the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 software, you can now update the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller using it. Just download and install the software using the link below to your computer and connect the aircraft using a USB cable to update the firmware. I will post a tutorial on how to update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 but this is for the DJI Mavic 2 series, the process is more likely the same. Hope this helps. Thank you.

DJI Assistant 2 software: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules