Google Pixel 6 will not run old Mimo or install new Mimo
750 6 2023-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AGK
lvl.1
United States

I tried to start up DJI Mimo on my Pixel 6 to control a DJI Mobile 3.  No joy.  
I tried to start an on-phone copy of the old Mimo app but it immediately crashes without further information.

I finally found the APK and downloaded a new copy.  I tried to install it, but got an error, "no further information", and the installation failed.

How am I supposed to use my Osmo Mobile 3 with a Pixel phone?

2023-1-17
Use props
AGK
lvl.1
United States

Further searching of the web revealed an article from December 2021 - a year ago! - to report this problem.  Any progress????  
2023-1-17
Use props
AGK
lvl.1
United States

https://www.androidpolice.com/dji-tells-pixel-6-owners-to-borrow-another-phone-to-use-its-drones-and-cameras/
2023-1-17
Use props
AGK
lvl.1
United States

After yet more searching, I tried a couple things and a REDDIT article finally gave me the info that worked -- uninstall the original DJI Mimo app and reinstall the latest release.  Yes, I installed the newest release before, but the uninstall step seeks to be critical.  

Resolved.
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, AGK. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. We are pleased to know that the DJI Mimo app is now working. For future reference, you must always install the latest version of the DJI Mimo App from the DJI Official Website. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2023-1-17
Use props
Andras Ridovics
New

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-1-17 19:55
Hi, AGK. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. We are pleased to know that the DJI Mimo app is now working. For future reference, you must always install the latest version of the DJI Mimo App from the DJI Official Website. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!

Hi,
I have a similar problem with the Mimo App and my Pixel 6 I can't see the app in the google app store. Can you please help with this?

Thanks,
Andras
1-11 07:57
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Andras Ridovics Posted at 1-11 07:57
Hi,
I have a similar problem with the Mimo App and my Pixel 6 I can't see the app in the google app store. Can you please help with this?

Hi. It is currently not available in the Google Play store. You can download it on the DJI Official website. Please use the following link to get to the DJI Download Center: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo. Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
1-13 03:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules