Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mimo . Black screen on Galaxy A53
2427 10 2023-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GiuseppeC
lvl.1
Italy

Hello,
I have installed the DJI Mimo app on my Samsung Galaxy A53 5G.
I was able to connect my Pocket 2 but the screen on my phone is black. I have tried with the direct connections via USB and using the WiFi.
I have already installed the latest version of the app.

Can you please help me?

2023-1-18
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I have two lists of compatible and non-compatible phones and tablets that have been tested with the DJI Mimo app and the Pocket 2, including both officially supported and not-mentioned models. The lists also contain troubleshooting tips for solving connection, activation and usage problems with the app and the camera. The lists are at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets).

Unfortunately, the reports concerning this model so far have indicated that this model is not compatible with the Pocket 2, so in the worst-case-scenario, you may be out of luck and need to get another device for this purpose. However, before completely giving up, you could try at least the tips #11 and #12 on the lists to see if those solve the problem. I have a faint memory that these tips popped up on the forums after this model was said to be not compatible, so if you're lucky, they could solve the problem. In case they do, I would be very grateful if you informed us (either here or on the compatibility thread) if/when these troubleshooting tips help you get it to work.

Good luck with your troubleshooting, I hope you get it to work in a way or another!
2023-1-18
Use props
GiuseppeC
lvl.1
Italy

HGDC84 Posted at 1-18 13:32
I have two lists of compatible and non-compatible phones and tablets that have been tested with the DJI Mimo app and the Pocket 2, including both officially supported and not-mentioned models. The lists also contain troubleshooting tips for solving connection, activation and usage problems with the app and the camera. The lists are at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets).

Unfortunately, the reports concerning this model so far have indicated that this model is not compatible with the Pocket 2, so in the worst-case-scenario, you may be out of luck and need to get another device for this purpose. However, before completely giving up, you could try at least the tips #11 and #12 on the lists to see if those solve the problem. I have a faint memory that these tips popped up on the forums after this model was said to be not compatible, so if you're lucky, they could solve the problem. In case they do, I would be very grateful if you informed us (either here or on the compatibility thread) if/when these troubleshooting tips help you get it to work.

Thank you so much! I will give a try!
2023-1-18
Use props
GiuseppeC
lvl.1
Italy

HGDC84 Posted at 1-18 13:32

Unfortunately, the reports concerning this model so far have indicated that this model is not compatible with the Pocket 2, so in the worst-case-scenario, you may be out of luck and need to get another device for this purpose. However, before completely giving up, you could try at least the tips #11 and #12 on the lists to see if those solve the problem. I have a faint memory that these tips popped up on the forums after this model was said to be not compatible, so if you're lucky, they could solve the problem. In case they do, I would be very grateful if you informed us (either here or on the compatibility thread) if/when these troubleshooting tips help you get it to work.

Great news!
Step #11 fix the problem!!!

Thank you so much HGDC84
2023-1-18
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

GiuseppeC Posted at 1-18 13:39
Great news!
Step #11 fix the problem!!!

Very glad to hear that :-)

Also, thank you for informing me about this, I can now update my list to confirm that this model actually is compatible :-)
2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already managed to isolate the issue that you experience with the help of our fellow DJI member. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-18
Use props
GiuseppeC
lvl.1
Italy

HGDC84 Posted at 1-18 13:42
Very glad to hear that :-)

Also, thank you for informing me about this, I can now update my list to confirm that this model actually is compatible :-)

Note: I'm using the latest version of DJI Mimo (v1.8.12)
2023-1-19
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

GiuseppeC Posted at 1-19 00:06
Note: I'm using the latest version of DJI Mimo (v1.8.12)

Thanks for the update, will add that note on my list :-)
2023-1-19
Use props
Maui6969de
lvl.1
Germany

I also have an A53 5G and also had the problem that the screen goes black when you connect my mobile phone and e.g. my DJI Pocket 2 using the Mimo app.  Solved the problem yesterday. Do you still have the problem?
2023-2-2
Use props
GiuseppeC
lvl.1
Italy

Maui6969de Posted at 2-2 02:27
I also have an A53 5G and also had the problem that the screen goes black when you connect my mobile phone and e.g. my DJI Pocket 2 using the Mimo app.  Solved the problem yesterday. Do you still have the problem?

Hi Maui, I solved it with the following workaround.

#11 - If you get the app running but the playback monitoring is laggy, you could see if you can solve the issue by enabling software decoding option from the Mimo settings. This is done by following these steps:
1)Physically connect the phone to the Pocket 2.
2)When accessing the monitoring and control screen, tap the three dots on the lower left corner of the screen.
3)After that, click on the four squares symbol (looking like a window) which should appear on the lower left corner of the screen.
4)From the menu appearing after that, select 'More' if your app language is English, 'Mehr' if it's German or the corresponding selection in your language. (It is the last option on the menu.)
5)From the following info/setting screen, tap on the 'Software Decoding' slider. (It could be called differently on your language selection, but again, it is the last option with the slider in the menu.)
2023-2-2
Use props
dbswansea
New

United Kingdom

Any update on the Galaxy A53 and Mimo app.

I want to buy the DJI Mobile 6 and I'd really prefer not to buy a new phone.
1-4 07:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules